Author Topic: Sunflower Showdown Part 3: For a trophy!  (Read 23948 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Sunflower Showdown Part 3: For a trophy!
« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2023, 10:47:53 AM »
Self's skin looked unhealth

Bloated and red. Like he drinks a lot. Looks very stressed out too.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2023, 10:50:54 AM »
the little man syndrome in our fanbase is going to get really old, really quickly, though.  His name will always be up for big jobs, doesn't mean he's leaving.  If his name is up for those jobs then that means we're having success, so enjoy it.

You don't find using the phrase "little man syndrome in our fan base" while caping up for the eff KU chant, ironic? Are you intentionally being ironic but I'm missing it? That's gotta be it, you're being much more clever than stunted.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2023, 10:56:25 AM »
I don't know if the chant will ever die. It's just too much fun and has such a long history. Catering to Tang may end it or hoops, but it'll ring out in football. I do think Tang will end the KU victory court storming tradition.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2023, 10:59:58 AM »
You know what's more fun? Shutting the eff up and pleasing our very successful coaches and their wishes as they continue to win at high levels. That crap is way more fun.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2023, 11:01:30 AM »
the little man syndrome in our fanbase is going to get really old, really quickly, though.  His name will always be up for big jobs, doesn't mean he's leaving.  If his name is up for those jobs then that means we're having success, so enjoy it.

You don't find using the phrase "little man syndrome in our fan base" while caping up for the eff KU chant, ironic? Are you intentionally being ironic but I'm missing it? That's gotta be it, you're being much more clever than stunted.

Is the stunted thing a bit? I am just jumping back onto the board after a couple year hiatus, and I can't really tell. Whether it's in earnest or not, it sucks incredibly bad. Go cats.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2023, 11:07:59 AM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2023, 11:13:55 AM »
KU going full Iowa State with grievances would be the real cherry on top of a good win.

FWIW - I feel like I see some daylight under that upper-back area in the still shot!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2023, 11:16:50 AM »

Is the stunted thing a bit? I am just jumping back onto the board after a couple year hiatus, and I can't really tell. Whether it's in earnest or not, it sucks incredibly bad. Go cats.

yes, it's a bit. And yes, it really sucks.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2023, 11:24:23 AM »
They're going to be so pissed for the game in Lawrence. Will be fun to see how our guys respond to that environment. KU is going to be jacked up.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2023, 11:27:25 AM »

yes, it's a bit. And yes, it really sucks.

I had to put him on ignore, he was too effective at triggering me
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2023, 11:35:31 AM »
Personally I think everyone except stunz should shut the eff up about Oscar and move on.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2023, 11:38:47 AM »
It's a bit in that he thinks he's making a point about those who didn't adore Oscar. It's not a bit in that he was a forever Oscar guy who had he had his way, Oscar would have been give a lifetime contract. With that, he's sincerely envious and resentful of Tang's success. So a bit of a bit, but a larger bite of  sour grapes.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 11:46:35 AM by EMAWzifried »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2023, 11:39:40 AM »
Wow guys I woke up this morning feeling like a champion. Feels good.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 18, 2023, 12:01:02 PM »
Holy crap! This dude is such a cry baby, bitch.

https://twitter.com/KUTheShiver/status/1615542888431067138?s=20&t=YDF02Z84vWy0VtVrZvDxzA

It's odd he posted that image because he is clearly not out of bounds at that point, and was in the process of passing the ball before he laid flat on the floor.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 18, 2023, 12:06:33 PM »

I'm talking about how any mentions of Tang going elsewhere sends our fanbase into panic mode.  It's a great thing if our coach is someone other schools would be interested in.

I'm done in regards to the chant.  I'll never see eye-to-eye with people who worry about a word.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2023, 12:10:10 PM »
It's super easy to point at one instance like that, but there were 3-4 of very similar instances last night and none of them were called(both sides).  There were an absolute crazy amount of fouls not called last night.  If you are someone who wants all fouls called, the refs were awful.  However, they did it very evenly, imo. 

The main thing I had issue with was at the end when we had a fast break with the ball in Johnson's hands, and they stopped the play because Wilson had a slight limp on the other end of the floor.  He was on his own two feet, slight limp, they blew the whistle, limp immediately went away and he wasn't made to leave the court at all.  Some bullshit theater kid crap took away a fast break from us at the end of the game.  That made me ragey, but the rest was pretty even, imo.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2023, 12:12:51 PM »

I'm talking about how any mentions of Tang going elsewhere sends our fanbase into panic mode.  It's a great thing if our coach is someone other schools would be interested in.

I'm done in regards to the chant.  I'll never see eye-to-eye with people who worry about a word.
Tang's made it very clear its not about the F word, it's about focusing on the other team rather than our own. He hasn't said anything about a "BULLSHIT" chant or any other time the fans use bad words

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2023, 12:21:15 PM »
Self's skin looked unhealth

Bloated and red. Like he drinks a lot. Looks very stressed out too.
The fam and I were noting how unhealthy Bill looked during the broadcast last night. He may soon rival Bob Huggins for most likely to require defibrillation during a game. In contrast, our Coach radiates health and vitality. The contrast could not be more stark.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2023, 01:15:30 PM »
It's super easy to point at one instance like that, but there were 3-4 of very similar instances last night and none of them were called(both sides).  There were an absolute crazy amount of fouls not called last night.  If you are someone who wants all fouls called, the refs were awful.  However, they did it very evenly, imo. 

The main thing I had issue with was at the end when we had a fast break with the ball in Johnson's hands, and they stopped the play because Wilson had a slight limp on the other end of the floor.  He was on his own two feet, slight limp, they blew the whistle, limp immediately went away and he wasn't made to leave the court at all.  Some bullshit theater kid crap took away a fast break from us at the end of the game.  That made me ragey, but the rest was pretty even, imo.

Yes like if you’re going to stop play for an injury the injured guy should at least have to come out of the game until there’s an opportunity to sub or ku has to spend a timeout, idk something at least

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 18, 2023, 01:17:09 PM »
Most fun I’ve had watching KState hoops in a while. I was a junior at MHS when Beasley and co beat KU at home in 2008. Remember running through campus and by Bramlage earlier that afternoon seeing the crazy line of students waiting for entry. That was a fun game to watch and last nights matchup kind of took me back to that same feeling.

Enjoying the ride Coach Tang and this team are taking us on.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 18, 2023, 01:18:51 PM »
Also, wacky, real talk - it did not escape my notice that during the game and then for an hour or so after you stayed out of this thread. And I just wanted to say thank you. It was nice to be able to enjoy this victory with other gErs without you doing your thing, and I do sincerely appreciate you giving me a couple hours

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2023, 01:21:20 PM »
Bro, get a life. I was too busy rewatching the game. I didn't have the time to deal with browns.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2023, 01:44:04 PM »
Most fun I’ve had watching KState hoops in a while. I was a junior at MHS when Beasley and co beat KU at home in 2008. Remember running through campus and by Bramlage earlier that afternoon seeing the crazy line of students waiting for entry. That was a fun game to watch and last nights matchup kind of took me back to that same feeling.

Enjoying the ride Coach Tang and this team are taking us on.

I guess I'm weird. I admittedly am not much of a basketball guy, but aside from winning and the opp to take the lead, this game was brutal. Especially the second half. Watching dudes shoot free throws for 3 hours just isn't my idea of a good time. I love coach and am really glad we won though!!!  :ksu: