Author Topic: Sunflower Showdown Part 3: For a trophy!  (Read 23918 times)

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Sunflower Showdown Part 3: For a trophy!
« Reply #300 on: January 18, 2023, 09:20:08 AM »

At this point, anyone who thinks Tang & Co isn't an upgrade from the previous staff is either:

1.  Pulling off the greatest troll job of all time

or

2.  A huge dumbass
Where is this coming from? What a take!

? Did you misread it?
Seemed unnecessary to say.  :dunno:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 18, 2023, 09:20:30 AM »
oscar was awesome for the first 6 years but he refused to adjust to modern day transfer portal NIL recruiting and went full Snyder 2.0 on his coaching staff at the end. We have been blessed with 4 straight coaches that have given us excitement and good times. I love Tang the most of them all though.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 18, 2023, 09:21:15 AM »
They should just change it to "make love KU" and then both sides will be happy.  :dunno:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 18, 2023, 09:21:29 AM »
i don't care if he wins 2 big 12s and goes to an elite 8. he's preachy and i don't like his voice

this is how it's done. keep it up stunz!

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 18, 2023, 09:22:24 AM »
Tang might be the biggest upgrade we've ever had at the University. He has staying power type of crap. Like a tourney appearance every year kind of guy and dudes galore. He could be a top 10 coach in two years.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 18, 2023, 09:23:19 AM »
Tang might be the biggest upgrade we've ever had at the University. He has staying power type of crap. Like a tourney appearance every year kind of guy and dudes galore. He could be a top 10 coach in two years.

Yeah, he's probably going to end up being the best coach we've ever had.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 18, 2023, 09:23:34 AM »
Do you, Fanning, actually believe that a grown man would change jobs because some college kids say "eff?"

Come on, man.

What all do you think motivates a coach to stay at a program? I'd put money (including assistant coach salaries), facilities, and AD relationship at the top, but you're telling me that fan support isn't a factor? Hell, even if Tang doesn't give a crap about whether fans support the team in the way Tang thinks is appropriate, I'm sure media partners have reached out to the AD's office about this kind of stuff.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 18, 2023, 09:24:32 AM »
the little man syndrome in our fanbase is going to get really old, really quickly, though.  His name will always be up for big jobs, doesn't mean he's leaving.  If his name is up for those jobs then that means we're having success, so enjoy it.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 18, 2023, 09:27:25 AM »
the little man syndrome in our fanbase is going to get really old, really quickly, though.  His name will always be up for big jobs, doesn't mean he's leaving.  If his name is up for those jobs then that means we're having success, so enjoy it.

I think several on this board have already put forward pretty compelling arguments as to why the F-KU chant is one of the dumbest things to come out of the student section. The fact that a successful coach specifically says don't do it should really be the end of the discussion.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 18, 2023, 09:28:30 AM »
i don't care if he wins 2 big 12s and goes to an elite 8. he's preachy and i don't like his voice

What if in the said elite 8, he barely beats a 16 seed by 7 and loses to an 11 seed by 16?

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 18, 2023, 09:29:27 AM »

I think several on this board have already put forward pretty compelling arguments as to why the F-KU chant is one of the dumbest things to come out of the student section. The fact that a successful coach specifically says don't do it should really be the end of the discussion.
Yup

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 18, 2023, 09:30:12 AM »
I'm just here for the Gems from the Phog

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Phog gems! Phog gems! Phog gems! Phog gems!  Phog gems! Phog gems!  Phog gems! Phog gems! Phog gems!
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 18, 2023, 09:35:11 AM »
Do you, Fanning, actually believe that a grown man would change jobs because some college kids say "eff?"

Come on, man.

What all do you think motivates a coach to stay at a program? I'd put money (including assistant coach salaries), facilities, and AD relationship at the top, but you're telling me that fan support isn't a factor? Hell, even if Tang doesn't give a crap about whether fans support the team in the way Tang thinks is appropriate, I'm sure media partners have reached out to the AD's office about this kind of stuff.

I find it hard to believe that a grown man would leave a job because 18-22 year olds say "eff" and he doesn't like it.  Also, "media partners" don't give two shits about that chant.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 18, 2023, 09:46:33 AM »
I find it hard to believe some grown men don't want to be infringed on the chant. Move on!

Offline KSNimrod

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 18, 2023, 09:53:50 AM »
Listen, if Jerome "Jackie Moon" Tang says we gonna love more then we gonna love more!  Go CATS!!!  :ksu:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 18, 2023, 10:26:48 AM »
I'm not going to do a Phogistan Gems, but they are not impressed with KJ.

The my team is good so I have a higher basketball IQ than you crowd clearly understands the roles that players are asked to take within the context of a particular team.

Also, the KU Fun Police as expected were and are out in full force.

It's not a rivalry, we just completely meltdown whenever we lose in the it's not a rivalry

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 18, 2023, 10:31:10 AM »
Self's skin looked unhealth

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 18, 2023, 10:32:34 AM »
Self's skin looked unhealth
People who hide multiple affairs', a hair piece, NCAA infractions, etc. takes a toll on a person over time.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 18, 2023, 10:35:15 AM »
They're taking a solid moral victory from Jalen "high volume shooter" Wilson's performance in 45 minutes of game action.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2023, 10:37:07 AM »
were any of you guys surprised when Wilson got to 30 points? it felt like an awfully quiet 38 points, just a lot of identical drives down the right post and made FTs. 3 for 10 from 3pt land.

not trying to degrade him or his performance, just saying i was surprised he had that many points

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2023, 10:42:19 AM »
I honestly never notice when another player goes off, because I'm so focused on our own individual players. Gradey Dick was the only one I was terrified about going into that game, because he represent everything I hate. He's a Duke prototype.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2023, 10:42:27 AM »

Come on, man.

I do think it can be a continuing factor yes. It pretty rough ridin' clearly speaks to a larger culture that he's trying to clean up. It's not just some people saying eff, but it's a mindset and it's the ability to develop a culture in and around your program. When he's assessing where he wants to coach it would be great if he didn't even have to think about our moron fans being obsessed with KU. Also worth noting that he has a daughter who is a freshman at K-State. He also are recruiting players and their families when he asks them to turn on ESPN and watch our games, it would be great if those players and families we are recruiting doesn't have to hear "eff KU" 45 seconds into the broadcast starting. This is clearly a concept for you and some others to understand but not everyone shares your cavalier attitude of the word eff.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2023, 10:45:04 AM »
oscar was awesome for the first 6 years but he refused to adjust to modern day transfer portal NIL recruiting and went full Snyder 2.0 on his coaching staff at the end. We have been blessed with 4 straight coaches that have given us excitement and good times. I love Tang the most of them all though.
You're always a premier truth teller

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 18, 2023, 10:45:26 AM »
I think that chant will be gone by next year. There will still be people chanting it, but enough people will chant K-S-U to drown them out.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 18, 2023, 10:47:48 AM »
I think that chant will be gone by next year. There will still be people chanting it, but enough people will chant K-S-U to drown them out.
Hopefully fans PI the dipshits that try and do it.