Author Topic: Beems KU Recruiting Thread  (Read 75934 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beems KU Recruiting Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2013, 02:53:55 PM »
Hey Beems, sorry to hear about Wrench. Maybe the next coach at ku will be lucky and puck him up after he gets out of his juco school in 2 years.

What is this?

"Storm"nut bringing the academic smack is kind of ironic.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: Beems KU Recruiting Thread
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »
What are KU fans to do when the BCS individual bowls are gone with (when they switch to playoffs)? Still tout the trophy from a dead era? jfc  :facepalm:

They have a DVD out called "The Perfect Storm - KU Football 2007"

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2013, 05:50:14 PM »
What are KU fans to do when the BCS individual bowls are gone with (when they switch to playoffs)? Still tout the trophy from a dead era? jfc  :facepalm:

:ohno:
Back for more bad takes.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »

As in, a zillion things have to happen in a row before something terrible happens?

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2013, 06:33:53 PM »
What is the threshold of calling it quits with HC "super-bowl" Weiss? I mean if he doesn't win a conference game this year what does KU do to save face?

Open a discount window with the federal reserve to pay his ass off? Serious possibility here guys.  :sdeek:

Is Weiss too big to fail?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2013, 06:39:32 PM »
What is the threshold of calling it quits with HC "super-bowl" Weiss? I mean if he doesn't win a conference game this year what does KU do to save face?

Open a discount window with the federal reserve to pay his ass off? Serious possibility here guys.  :sdeek:

Dude, Weiss enjoys as considerable tactical advantage because he's smarter than other coaches. He's pretty much Superman, and being the HC is his kryptonite.

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2013, 06:55:50 PM »
Considering they had to solicit donations to pay Gil $6 million after they fired him, I think we need to ask: can KU afford to fire Weiss?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »
Considering they had to solicit donations to pay Gil $6 million after they fired him, I think we need to ask: can KU afford to fire Weiss?

There's always money in the Banana Stand.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »
Typically they're just "a couple" donation away from anything. Shouldn't be an issue, imo

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2013, 07:07:31 PM »

Dude, Weiss enjoys as considerable tactical advantage because he's smarter than other coaches. He's pretty much Superman, and being the HC is his kryptonite.

it's a "decided schematic advantage"

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »
Sorry if this has been said, cause i did not read through this entire thread...

but Texas outrecruits us by a long ways, and last time i checked we have a 5 game winning streak on them. 

I dont think anyone really cares if KU is ahead of on a "recruiting board"  Superbowl MVPs and Heisman finalist dont need to be big time recruits.   Sure there will be guys Snyder tries to get and they go to KU instead.  Congrats.  When those kids become all league players their JR and SR years...... then our concern level will go up from a 1 on a scale of 10. 

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: Traevohn Wrench to KU
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2013, 11:21:55 PM »
Sorry if this has been said, cause i did not read through this entire thread...

but Texas outrecruits us by a long ways, and last time i checked we have a 5 game winning streak on them. 

I dont think anyone really cares if KU is ahead of on a "recruiting board"  Superbowl MVPs and Heisman finalist dont need to be big time recruits.   Sure there will be guys Snyder tries to get and they go to KU instead.  Congrats.  When those kids become all league players their JR and SR years...... then our concern level will go up from a 1 on a scale of 10. 

you missed this.

meh, kid sounds like a tool anyway.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2013, 11:54:49 PM »

As in, a zillion things have to happen in a row before something terrible happens?

yes, but in their case, before something good happens.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2013, 02:33:25 AM »

it's a "decided schematic advantage"

Its a what, what, and a what?! Sorry, Charlie is so smart that I can't understand much of what he does.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »
There's always money in the Banana Stand.
:thumbs:

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2013, 04:01:32 PM »
When sims graduates KU is going to become lol status.

They could kinda run the ball with some mediocre success last year. Once that is gone, so is all hope.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 12, 2013, 05:07:10 PM »

They could kinda run the ball with some mediocre success last year. Once that is gone, so is all hope.

Pffft, you probably said the same thing about Winbush.  :rolleyes:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2013, 06:09:44 PM »

Pffft, you probably said the same thing about Winbush.  :rolleyes:

Better than Sproles.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
:dance:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2013, 10:47:11 AM »
That's a nice addition for KU. Also, LOL at Mizzou not being able to land this guy. That program is quickly on its way to the worst of the FBS teams.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »
That's a nice addition for KU. Also, LOL at Mizzou not being able to land this guy. That program is quickly on its way to the worst of the FBS teams.

Not butthurt but you don't get a scholarship offer to play at Michigan and then choose KU, without something going on under the table.  Especially if you live in Big 10 country.

@lopakman

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2013, 01:57:58 PM »

Not butthurt but you don't get a scholarship offer to play at Michigan and then choose KU, without something going on under the table.  Especially if you live in Big 10 country.

Like a handjob?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »

Charlie Weis is building a dream team, if you haven't noticed. He just told this kid "look at us playing on Saturday. You know, if you don't think you can be a 4 year starter here, then how will you ever see the field at Michigan? I'm a numbers guy, and if you look at the numbers, you will see that I have a point, at least numbers-wise." Then the kid cancelled his visit to Michigan and became a squawk on that very day.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »
Watson's a good player, but UM has been getting it done in the LB recruiting the last few years.  He probably was either a contingency plan at UM or he saw early playing time at KU.  Hard to get noticed on the bench.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2013, 02:25:18 PM »

Like a handjob?

A handjob to go to KU?  He better at least get an under the table mouth hug.
@lopakman