Author Topic: Beems KU Recruiting Thread  (Read 76634 times)

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
Re: Beems KU Recruiting Thread
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2013, 02:10:53 PM »
The fact that KU shamed K-State on the recruiting trail has to sting a little bit.  I mean you'd think a team coming off of a Fiesta Bowl could out+ecruit 1-11, but no.  Maybe that's why the K-State fanbase is so butthurt about Weis.

Texas out recruits us too.

Clearly a key to beating the qhatz!  :thumbs:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2013, 02:15:41 PM »
The fact that KU shamed K-State on the recruiting trail has to sting a little bit.  I mean you'd think a team coming off of a Fiesta Bowl could out+ecruit 1-11, but no.  Maybe that's why the K-State fanbase is so butthurt about Weis.
Gill out-recruited K-State too iirc, so did just about every team in the conference since Snydes return. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »
Gill out-recruited K-State too iirc, so did just about every team in the conference since Snydes return.

Must be comforting knowing that K-State is one coach away from being the worst program in the conference.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »
I can't even remember a time when there weren't at least some hints that ku had a better than K-State in football.   You'd probably have to go back to a few years in the 90's when Glen Mason was desperately trying to escape ku.

Even during the Terry Allen era some people thought he out recruited K-State.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »

Must be comforting knowing that K-State is one coach away from being the worst program in the conference.

When your team is 6-36 in conference play over the past 5 seasons and losers of 20 straight conference games, with 4 straight last place finishes and its been #45 years since they've won a conference football championship.   It's the little things that keep  you going.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 20, 2013, 02:34:27 PM »

Well, it's not comforting, but "worst in the conference" is probably a stretch.  Even when Prince was our coach we were never the worst in the conference, which is surprising in hindsight.

And that's the thing about being worst in the conference.  There can be only one, and thanks to KU and programs like KU over the years (CU's, ISU's, Baylor's bad years), it's hard to be the worst in the conference, even if recruiting sucks.  There's always some program (statistically, usually KU or Baylor) who is that much worse. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2013, 02:35:30 PM »
I can't even remember a time when there weren't at least some hints that ku had a better than K-State in football.   You'd probably have to go back to a few years in the 90's when Glen Mason was desperately trying to escape ku.

Even during the Terry Allen era some people thought he out recruited K-State.

People are crazy when they think KU has ever out recruited Bill. If your program year in and out has better players you didn't get out recruited.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2013, 03:23:02 PM »
Does Beems ever stop thinking about K-state and its titles?  I mean, ever?

Gotta be hard.  I mean, ever time you get on ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Twitter, or just watch tv we are all over the place winning trophs.  I counted last night and I saw more WildWildCat trophy related stuff in the 1 hr I watched TV than I did all fast food commercials combined.  And Twitter.......don't even get me started on twitter.

Sure KSU had 3 of the top 10 national trending Twitter topics this weekend, but if you looked at local trends, it was more like 11 out of 10.  Kinda embarrassing almost. 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »
Remember that time Carson Coffman put up about a thousand points in Lawrence? 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2013, 03:39:48 PM »
Twitter banners and farm humps all day, baby.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2013, 03:43:18 PM »
Celebrate good times!!! Oh ya!!! :billdance:

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 21, 2013, 08:51:51 AM »

Impossible.  Big 10 will never take KU. 
@lopakman

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »
Does anyone love farm humping as much as I do?

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »

It must be comforting to know there is no possible way to get any worse.  There has to be a certain freedom that comes with being at rock bottom.  There is nothing we can say to insult your program or tear it down any worse then where it's at.  It's the worst BCS program of the 85 scholarship era.  However bad and inept you think KSU was in the past, KU is worse right now considering the competitive landscape that exists now vs. what it was in the 80's and prior. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 21, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »
KU will get better, kostakio. And when they do, watch out. The best football conference in America is about to get better.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »
Does anyone love farm humping as much as I do?
I think I do (don't know how much you like it though). I think farm humping is the best humping of all kind of humps.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »

Well, it's not comforting, but "worst in the conference" is probably a stretch.  Even when Prince was our coach we were never the worst in the conference, which is surprising in hindsight.

And that's the thing about being worst in the conference.  There can be only one, and thanks to KU and programs like KU over the years (CU's, ISU's, Baylor's bad years), it's hard to be the worst in the conference, even if recruiting sucks.  There's always some program (statistically, usually KU or Baylor) who is that much worse.

RonP - .459 overall, .375 conf
Mangino - .510 overal, .359 conf
Mason - .460 overall, .390 conf

Ron compares pretty favorably to the two most successful KU coaches of my lifetime and his 4-4 in 05 would be the one of 5 non losing conference records in the last 25 years.

Ron was horrible but at least he could beat Flood Aggie at home.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2013, 11:44:18 AM »
Ron Prince is the 2nd best coach in K-State history.  K-State fans just couldn't handle having a black head coach that couldn't beat KU.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2013, 12:06:47 PM »

It must be comforting to know there is no possible way to get any worse.  There has to be a certain freedom that comes with being at rock bottom.  There is nothing we can say to insult your program or tear it down any worse then where it's at.  It's the worst BCS program of the 85 scholarship era.  However bad and inept you think KSU was in the past, KU is worse right now considering the competitive landscape that exists now vs. what it was in the 80's and prior.
Notre Dame was probably thinking the exact same thing when they fired Willingham and hired Charlie

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2013, 12:31:39 PM »
Ron Prince is the 2nd best coach in K-State history.  K-State fans just couldn't handle having a black head coach that couldn't beat KU.

On the contrary, we wanted Prince Ron to win, he just couldn't do it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 21, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »

nailed it.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 21, 2013, 01:08:43 PM »

:lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 21, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »
Weiss is in over his head in the Big 12.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »

Maybe he is just ahead of his time and the game needs to catch up.  Needs more time.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »

Maybe he is just ahead of his time and the game needs to catch up.  Needs more time.

Look at the guy.  I don't think he's got that much time left.

@lopakman