Author Topic: BITB Today  (Read 96077 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BITB Today
« Reply #800 on: August 03, 2021, 12:28:02 AM »
I had to dig into kkk's twitter account to figure out what's going on with this and holy crap he's even more unhinged than he was when he came back and started this new career path. This thing with Kander is wild and I can't figure out why he's doing it.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 03, 2021, 12:30:23 AM »
Please give a full recap so I can just read about it TIA
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 03, 2021, 08:16:58 AM »
it used to be really fun ironically calling him the King but we're way past that point

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 03, 2021, 08:19:58 AM »
BITB is probably not appropriate either.  Should be "Former BITB now KKK Today".  This guy is past trolling and is puking his career crisis in the form of peak MAGA all over social media. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 03, 2021, 08:24:01 AM »
I had to dig into kkk's twitter account to figure out what's going on with this and holy crap he's even more unhinged than he was when he came back and started this new career path. This thing with Kander is wild and I can't figure out why he's doing it.

I always wonder this about these people. 1) do they have friends? 2) when they are with them, do the friends laugh and call him a huge dumbass or do they all just sit around laughing knowing its all a gag? Like, i picture guys like Clay Travis sitting around in a giant house with his buddies laughing their asses off that dumbass people follow him for saying ridiculous things and making him rich.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 03, 2021, 08:31:01 AM »

I always wonder this about these people. 1) do they have friends? 2) when they are with them, do the friends laugh and call him a huge dumbass or do they all just sit around laughing knowing its all a gag? Like, i picture guys like Clay Travis sitting around in a giant house with his buddies laughing their asses off that dumbass people follow him for saying ridiculous things and making him rich.

i often wonder this exact same thing

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 03, 2021, 08:49:01 AM »
clay travis is a lot smarter than kk. he absolutely knows what he's doing and is incredibly successful at it.

i'm afraid kk more or less believes the stuff he says.

put another way, clay travis sits around with his buds and counts his stacks and laughs at how dumb his audience is.
kk sits around with buds and complains about the world going to crap

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 03, 2021, 08:58:41 AM »
KK was always a self important bad person with horrible takes but I think getting getting "cancelled" pushed him way over the edge and he's completely submerged himself in victimhood.  This insanity and word vomit is likely a manifestation of his rage and delusion that he was attacked and ruined because of "the left" and "cancel culture". 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 03, 2021, 09:14:09 AM »
“Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”

? Mark Twain

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 03, 2021, 09:18:29 AM »
clay travis is a lot smarter than kk. he absolutely knows what he's doing and is incredibly successful at it.

put another way, clay travis sits around with his buds and counts his stacks and laughs at how dumb his audience is.

I think this is right. There are various versions of the saying but it's basically: you can make money telling people the truth but you can get rich lying to people who want to be lied to.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: August 03, 2021, 09:51:04 AM »

I think this is right. There are various versions of the saying but it's basically: you can make money telling people the truth but you can get rich lying to people who want to be lied to.

that's what I figured. It just fascinates me though. I also wonder what the ratio of followers are true dumbasses and just people that think its funny. Its probably a terrifying amount of dumbasses, so I prob don't want to know.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 03, 2021, 11:05:43 AM »

that's what I figured. It just fascinates me though. I also wonder what the ratio of followers are true dumbasses and just people that think its funny. Its probably a terrifying amount of dumbasses, so I prob don't want to know.

The numbers are publicly available.  They did this huge count this past year, and in 2016 as well.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 03, 2021, 11:08:43 AM »
I quit paying attention to KK a long time ago when it became apparent he didn't understand the business he was talking about, particularly the business of college athletics.   One of my personal pet peeves are talking heads who constantly chirp about the business side of college athletics and yet clearly don't have a clue.

Twice when I was visiting in KC he's been in bars I was having a few drinky drinks with friends and he just seemed like a degenerate gambling douche.   There's only a certain level of degenerate I want to be around while watching sporting events, a threshold of degenerate tolerance and he exceeded it by miles.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 03, 2021, 11:18:52 AM »

The numbers are publicly available.  They did this huge count this past year, and in 2016 as well.

lol

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 03, 2021, 04:37:00 PM »
I think he isn't getting the numbers he needs to survive.  I bet Ron Buck and the small time homebuilder in MHK don't pay FOR crap for his numbers and that makes him brood.  Throw in a few half dozen bud lights and he is ready to go off on twitter.  He thinks he is pulling a clay and his numbers will blow up but he is pretty wrong.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 03, 2021, 04:45:28 PM »
we'll always have that incredible 2010 Nebraska rant during smoke your cigars 1.0 (right before they completely embarrassed us at home  :frown: )

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 03, 2021, 04:56:08 PM »
we'll always have that incredible 2010 Nebraska rant during smoke your cigars 1.0 (right before they completely embarrassed us at home  :frown: )

He had some other good ones.  I was in school in Massachusetts in 98 and came back the friday before the game to hunt.  Landed about the time BTL started and listened all the way to MHK and it was just gripping.  Can't really remember specifics but he could make you even more hyped then you already were for big KSU games.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 03, 2021, 05:03:58 PM »
he kind of sucked during the Royals' run, iirc. always complaining about them being too cocky.
and i'm glad he got canned before he could cover a chiefs super bowl run

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 03, 2021, 05:09:46 PM »
he was slipping into maga before maga was maga

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 03, 2021, 07:12:47 PM »
BITB is probably not appropriate either.  Should be "Former BITB now KKK Today".  This guy is past trolling and is puking his career crisis in the form of peak MAGA all over social media.

It never was. @OlatheWildcat called him a racist on here all the way back in 2012. I started listening to him in 2000 and he was blowing dog whistles back then too.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 03, 2021, 07:19:45 PM »
I am glad you guys (and gals?) see things clearly on the topic of KK. No snark or hidden meaning. Just glad.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 03, 2021, 07:25:14 PM »
There's a reason gE is the best blog experience in the konza triangle
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 03, 2021, 07:25:45 PM »

Nick Wright told a story on Church Of Lazlo about meeting up with Clay for a drink when Fox wanted them to do a gambling show. Nick laid into him about how he thinks Clay is just a reprehensible human etc and clay was like woah woah woah, you don’t think I actually believe this stuff do you?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 03, 2021, 07:29:50 PM »

Nick Wright told a story on Church Of Lazlo about meeting up with Clay for a drink when Fox wanted them to do a gambling show. Nick laid into him about how he thinks Clay is just a reprehensible human etc and clay was like woah woah woah, you don’t think I actually believe this stuff do you?

I'm going to need someone credible to weigh on on this. Does anyone here know Nick Wright in real life?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 03, 2021, 07:39:08 PM »

I'm going to need someone credible to weigh on on this. Does anyone here know Nick Wright in real life?

Burns (menthol) heaters like a chimney. Used to at least.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.