Author Topic: JUCO Football  (Read 31262 times)

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: JUCO Football
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2021, 11:37:01 AM »
That's disappointing, Fort Scott has always been homecoming fodder for the other teams, at least the last 30 years at least. Anyway, sad deal for those who care about Fort Scott and the Jayhawk Conference.

They won a national title in 2009.  Watched them play Blinn College in the old Mineral Water Bowl (Excelsior Springs, MO) - Blinn used to be a funnel to Snyder's Wildcats (Michael Bishop among others ).   They were good in the 1960's and 70's, and had a brief resurgence about 15 years ago.
Cam Newton and I believe James Johnson (prince era RB) went to Blinn
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2021, 11:40:38 AM »
That's disappointing, Fort Scott has always been homecoming fodder for the other teams, at least the last 30 years at least. Anyway, sad deal for those who care about Fort Scott and the Jayhawk Conference.

They won a national title in 2009.  Watched them play Blinn College in the old Mineral Water Bowl (Excelsior Springs, MO) - Blinn used to be a funnel to Snyder's Wildcats (Michael Bishop among others ).   They were good in the 1960's and 70's, and had a brief resurgence about 15 years ago.

Uh, they did not win that 2009 game.....

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2021, 12:10:01 PM »
FSCC has 97 kids on their roster.  I assume few if any of those kids would have attended FSCC otherwise.

Enrollment tanked at many community colleges due to the pandemic. Ft. Scott is actually in pretty good shape compared to many in the state. Independence is in the worst spot - their enrollment is now under 1,000. With the football team being close to 100 plus athletes from other sports, their enrollment is probably close to 50% student athletes.

Of course, their low enrollment is also due to the fact that it's stupid to have two community colleges that are 20 miles apart in the same county in rural Kansas.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2021, 12:17:31 PM »
FSCC has 97 kids on their roster.  I assume few if any of those kids would have attended FSCC otherwise.

Enrollment tanked at many community colleges due to the pandemic. Ft. Scott is actually in pretty good shape compared to many in the state. Independence is in the worst spot - their enrollment is now under 1,000. With the football team being close to 100 plus athletes from other sports, their enrollment is probably close to 50% student athletes.

Of course, their low enrollment is also due to the fact that it's stupid to have two community colleges that are 20 miles apart in the same county in rural Kansas.

I think FS and Indy both recently built turf practice field facilities recently as well. Not sure on cost, but had to be close to a mill each.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2021, 01:45:04 PM »

Uh, they did not win that 2009 game.....

my bad, forgot how close that game was.  greyhounds had it in hand until last 2 minutes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2021, 12:18:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/ChuckChaneyBCTG/status/1457524259652309001

The least surprising thing I've ever read. Cross post with the worst town in Kansas thread

Offline bananaeater

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2021, 11:26:28 PM »
https://twitter.com/ChuckChaneyBCTG/status/1457524259652309001

The least surprising thing I've ever read. Cross post with the worst town in Kansas thread

Coffeyville is the stuff of nightmares.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2021, 09:47:53 AM »