Author Topic: oscar WEBER IS A rough ridin' LOSER WHO CAN'T RECRUIT AND IS SOCIALLY AWKWARD  (Read 114226 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Another difference: Weber is a better coach of offense, a slow start this year notwithstanding.

If Frank never worked on offense like they're asserting, it kind of goes to show that working on offense doesn't help you that much. I mean, South Carolina actually has a better offense than us this year.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Another difference: Weber is a better coach of offense, a slow start this year notwithstanding.

If Frank never worked on offense like they're asserting, it kind of goes to show that working on offense doesn't help you that much. I mean, South Carolina actually has a better offense than us this year.

Yeah, its silly. This was discussed plenty here in the past; Frank's offense wasn't usually pretty but it was good. Shooting is a big deal, but Frank's teams were so good at non-shooting offensive things that his offenses were very efficient. Most fans will just never get that because they don't understand offensive efficiency.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And Frank has bad defenses now, that's probably my biggest surprise of Frank at SC.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, it silly. This was discussed plenty here in the past; Frank's offense wasn't usually pretty but it was good. Shooting is big deal, but Frank's teams were so good at non-shooting offensive things that his offenses were very efficient. Most fans will just never get that because they don't understand offensive efficiency.

Yeah, but he actually quoted kenpom in this case.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And Frank has bad defenses now, that's probably my biggest surprise of Frank at SC.

Yes, me too. Is depth an issue? I haven't followed them at all.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, but he actually quoted kenpom in this case.

Yeah, its Mellinger I guess. 

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

He must have left all of his toughness here, not just the residue as was implied by every announcer last year.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
players make the coach, not the other way around.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This is the real lesson I was hinting at when I said practicing offense was  worthless.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
This is the real lesson I was hinting at when I said practicing offense was  worthless.

yeah.  we may disagree on being happy, but we've always agreed on this.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

yeah.  we may disagree on being happy, but we've always agreed on this.

:D

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
Doesn't a lot of what they are saying about HCBW sound like the coach who has an office a little more than 100 yards north of The Bram?  Still not overly excited about the hire due to the way it went down, but if he continues to perform and get better every day, I will be firmly on his coattails.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
Doesn't a lot of what they are saying about HCBW sound like the coach who has an office a little more than 100 yards north of The Bram?  Still not overly excited about the hire due to the way it went down, but if he continues to perform and get better every day, I will be firmly on his coattails.

Thats what I was thinking. All the stuff about building a program and succeeding with less, Manhattan is the greatest place ever, Coach for life, etc. etc.

Not sure how I feel about it...

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile

Not sure how I feel about it...

I agree however confidence is slowly rising.  Conf championship is definite peggy po however, Lasalle, Orris, & Jack K. are nancy negs.  Freshman class & DJamer are solid base and 4 guys next year look like they will continue to build that base.  Continued success, national exposure, new BTF, and all the new activity in MHK/campus will help bring in better players. 3-1 is good start to this years conf slate.  Top half finish with NCAA tourney win will increase the slope of the confidence track and help cure the hire blahs.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/16/4757397/oscar-weber-and-kansas-state-look.html

bla bla bla, oscar is great, bla bla bla, Manhattan sucks, bla bla bla

It's amazing how many times this bullshit myth about how difficult it is to recruit to Manhattan is perpetuated.  Manhattan is an identical college town to a place like Stillwater or Ames, facilities are top notch, university support is great, and yet you never see this idiotic stereotype associated about either of those two places.  Just incredible that this same lazy tripe gets regurgitated time and again and even dumber when it comes from one of our coaches.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:01:11 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Manhattan is better than Ames and Stillwater

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sure.  but a good coach certainly improves his players. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's amazing how many times this bullshit myth about how difficult it is to recruit to Manhattan is perpetuated.  Manhattan is an identical college town to a place like Stillwater or Ames, facilities are top notch, university support is great, and yet you never see this idiotic stereotype associated about either of those two places.  Just incredible that this same lazy tripe gets regurgitated time and again and even dumber when it comes from one of our coaches.

It's especially Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) for oscar to say, considering the direct flights to DFW.  I'd also add Morgantown to that list.  With the travel and proximity and the lack of drinking water, I don't know why anybody would play at WVU. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Also, freshman Westicles has shown flashes. Same with Nigel Johnson. For next year, Weber has commitments from a pair of three-star recruits, including 6-foot-10 Stephen Hunt from Florida. These are long-term college players, too, the kind who usually play four years, the kind Weber has always been most effective with.

jesus, Mellinger

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Also, freshman Westicles has shown flashes. Same with Nigel Johnson. For next year, Weber has commitments from a pair of three-star recruits, including 6-foot-10 Stephen Hunt from Florida. These are long-term college players, too, the kind who usually play four years, the kind Weber has always been most effective with.

jesus, Mellinger

Some of the laziest writing I have seen in a while.  I miss JMart
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile

I mostly agree to this, but some coaches are unable to steer the ship and there are different degrees of ship steering.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
This part.  eff.

But the point remains in the long-term — with most of the same nucleus, K-State went from 58th in offense Martin’s last year to 15th in Weber’s first year — as does a more critical fact:

K-State basketball is in better hands with Weber than it was with Martin, which means it’s in better hands with Weber than it’s been since Lon Kruger.

Again, this will be more understood in a year than it is now, and even more understood five years after that. K-State built a beautiful, $18 million practice facility, which will help take the edge off the program’s biggest shortcoming.

“It’s not the easiest place to recruit to,” Weber says. “I think everyone knows that.”

What's the fact?  That we're better off because Weber had K-State build him a practice facility that will make him recruit at a level K-State's never seen before?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
This success with oscar is killing Trim.  :frown:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This part.  eff.

But the point remains in the long-term — with most of the same nucleus, K-State went from 58th in offense Martin’s last year to 15th in Weber’s first year — as does a more critical fact:

K-State basketball is in better hands with Weber than it was with Martin, which means it’s in better hands with Weber than it’s been since Lon Kruger.

Again, this will be more understood in a year than it is now, and even more understood five years after that.
K-State built a beautiful, $18 million practice facility, which will help take the edge off the program’s biggest shortcoming.

“It’s not the easiest place to recruit to,” Weber says. “I think everyone knows that.”

What's the fact?  That we're better off because Weber had K-State build him a practice facility that will make him recruit at a level K-State's never seen before?
lol wut
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.