Author Topic: oscar WEBER IS A rough ridin' LOSER WHO CAN'T RECRUIT AND IS SOCIALLY AWKWARD  (Read 115222 times)

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Somehow Weber and staff got three real DITR in this class that polished the hell out of their recruiting cred. They look bright for the future, especially with the addition of Hurt.
But I seriously doubt signing nothing but overlooked talent works long term.
Pullen was overlooked talent
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Can someone with ESPN IN see what they're saying about those frosh-cats behind the paywall?

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/post/_/id/2864/updated-ranking-of-top-10-freshmen

8. Marcus Foster, G, Kansas State Wildcats
6-2, 200 pounds

The Wildcats' scoring guard makes his return to the Freshman Tracker after two quality performances. He scored 17 points and grabbed eight boards in a win against Oklahoma State, and also finished with 15 points in a victory over George Washington earlier in the week.

This week: Tuesday at TCU; Saturday at Kansas (2 p.m. ET, ESPN)

Stats: 14 PPG, 3.9 APG | Previous rank: NR
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Bump :popcorn:

Starting to question the "can't recruit" part somewhat...

Why? Are we giving passes to Orris, Jack Krap, and the fact that someone from the staff was in St. John, Kansas last month? Some of you are getting way ahead of yourselves.

Is really just Jack, at least Orris was quickly replaced.

But yes, it is too soon for definitive judgments on #bruceketball, but most of last year and the past month have been really fun.

I'd be shocked if Jack is here next year.  We knew we'd be short big bodies and he was an emergency add.  He'll be somewhere in the Big West come this time next year.

Even Tre Harris seems to be doing well for Fishburne.  If he ends up being good, I'll probably question a lot less.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bump :popcorn:

Starting to question the "can't recruit" part somewhat...

Why? Are we giving passes to Orris, Jack Krap, and the fact that someone from the staff was in St. John, Kansas last month? Some of you are getting way ahead of yourselves.

Is really just Jack, at least Orris was quickly replaced.

But yes, it is too soon for definitive judgments on #bruceketball, but most of last year and the past month have been really fun.

I'd be shocked if Jack is here next year.  We knew we'd be short big bodies and he was an emergency add.  He'll be somewhere in the Big West come this time next year.

Even Tre Harris seems to be doing well for Fishburne.  If he ends up being good, I'll probably question a lot less.

He needs to stop giving scholarships for the hell of it. Jack is absolutely not a Big West player either. I hate talking about players like that it isn't his fault, but Jack doesn't have much size and has no skill. I feel awful typing that but oscar should feel worse for dragging him out of LA all the way out here in this cold.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
oscar and co. have to start landing our top 10 targets, we missed on most/all of them this year.  Hurt is a great get for us, but I'm not really sure landing DITR is gonna work long term.  We gotta start landing top 150 guys again imo.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hopefully these DITRs can have quite a bit of on-court success, resulting in oscar landing tons of 5* studs in the future.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Probably luke'd.

Weber says he was sent to the emergency room “…17 times by the time I was 14 years old. I was constantly running into walls, twice I got hit by cars, and in baseball I came down on top of a jagged chain link fence. I was accident prone.”

As a catcher, he said, “I was not as talented as I was tough. I was pretty aggressive. I loved the contact and the action.”

As a high schooler, he had a slipped disc and cracked vertebrae, which put him in a body cast to realign everything instead of having surgery.

While his brother, Ron, was a high school quarterback, when oscar suggested that he would like to play, his parents said, “No way. Not with my history.”

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
 :facepalm:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Probably luke'd.

Weber says he was sent to the emergency room “…17 times by the time I was 14 years old. I was constantly running into walls, twice I got hit by cars, and in baseball I came down on top of a jagged chain link fence. I was accident prone.”

As a catcher, he said, “I was not as talented as I was tough. I was pretty aggressive. I loved the contact and the action.”

As a high schooler, he had a slipped disc and cracked vertebrae, which put him in a body cast to realign everything instead of having surgery.

While his brother, Ron, was a high school quarterback, when oscar suggested that he would like to play, his parents said, “No way. Not with my history.”
:lol: That's our oscar
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Probably luke'd.

Physically aggressive, no regard for his body, I think I :love: him now

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Probably luke'd.

Physically aggressive, no regard for his body, I think I :love: him now
Can't disagree with that. It's not his fault his body is the equivalent of a balsa wood and scotch taped demolition derby car.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
One of the critiques I have heard is that oscar is a DITR master.  At Illinois this was unacceptable and the base pressured the staff to take higher profile kids that the staff did not feel comfortable with. 

This sounded (and still does) like a losery excuse to me, however maybe there is validity to the argument.  I am not a fan of the hire (a point i have made abundantly clear to anyone that has asked me).  That being said if we are stuck with him (which we are) we gotta let oscar oscar.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What's oscar's history?  sounds pretty unathletic.  did he play college ball?  how'd he get hooked up with coaching with Keady at Purdue?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I want chet to turn into a super fantastic recruiter and just start pulling ridic good ballers.

Online HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What's oscar's history?  sounds pretty unathletic.  did he play college ball?  how'd he get hooked up with coaching with Keady at Purdue?
Actual childhood picture:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Somehow Weber and staff got three real DITR in this class that polished the hell out of their recruiting cred. They look bright for the future, especially with the addition of Hurt.
Transfers will be key for us.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes.

With this year's FR and DJamer, oscar has a solid young core that looks like a group that will be at minimum a bubble team every year during their careers here. If Edwards and Bolden are impact players, then its possible that oscar will contend for another Big 12 title in the next few years.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

He honestly seems like a guy who had no real intention of being a coach and just kind of goofed his way into it every step of the way.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile

Yes.

With this year's FR and DJamer, oscar has a solid young core that looks like a group that will be at minimum a bubble team every year during their careers here. If Edwards and Bolden are impact players, then its possible that oscar will contend for another Big 12 title in the next few years.
Edwards is more then an impact player :fatty:. oscar might of landed his best 3 recruits ever in last year class and very few even noticed. And hell, Westicles has a very high ceiling. I also like Bolden it is hard to find kids with that kind of length and athleticism. Nigel is also a hell of a spring pick up.

Btw, The Big 12 landed the best crop of freshmen point guards I have ever seen in one confrence class. 

1. Jevon Thomas (OUR GUY)
2. Stevie Clark (OSU)
3. Jordan Woodard (OU)
4. Frank Mason (KU)
5. Isaiah Taylor (UT)
6. Monte Morris (ISU)

Offline ltrain

• Combo-Fan
  • go cats
    • View Profile

He honestly seems like a guy who had no real intention of being a coach and just kind of goofed his way into it every step of the way.

Doesn't he come from like a family of coaches or something?  Like his dad was a coach and brothers are coaches.   :dunno:  I think I remember reading that, too lazy to look tho.
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

I find it fascinating how long he was an assistant at Purdue. 18 years.  People like to think of LHC Bill Snyder and Roy Williams as having been long term assistants, but they were for only 10 and 9 years, respectively.  I suppose it's a steady gig.  You get to wear warm-up pants to work.  His boss was a weird guy, what with the comeover, but lt's not kid ourselves, maybe it takes a weirdo to appreciate a weirdo. :dunno:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
Probably luke'd.

it's the only way they could stop him in the open field. freak, stud etc.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes.

Edwards is more then an impact player :fatty:. oscar might of landed his best 3 recruits ever in last year class and very few even noticed. And hell, Westicles has a very high ceiling. I also like Bolden it is hard to find kids with that kind of length and athleticism. Nigel is also a hell of a spring pick up.

Btw, The Big 12 landed the best crop of freshmen point guards I have ever seen in one confrence class. 

1. Jevon Thomas (OUR GUY)
2. Stevie Clark (OSU)
3. Jordan Woodard (OU)
4. Frank Mason (KU)
5. Isaiah Taylor (UT)
6. Monte Morris (ISU)

I watched Edwards when he played at Maine and while he looked pretty dece, it was just that pretty dece, no where near being considered more than an impact player. My hope for his is that he can be Lance Harris but he needs to develop his shot a bit.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/16/4757397/oscar-weber-and-kansas-state-look.html

bla bla bla, oscar is great, bla bla bla, Manhattan sucks, bla bla bla
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang