Author Topic: oscar WEBER IS A rough ridin' LOSER WHO CAN'T RECRUIT AND IS SOCIALLY AWKWARD  (Read 114928 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Some just don't know how to let their guard down. Not a way to go through life you guys.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
The "he couldn't recruit the type of players he wanted at Illinois" anecdote is rough ridin' ridiculous. I would probably wait to write this article until Illinois was done paying him 1.3 mil to stay away from their basketball team and facilities.

oscar wasn't a good fit at Illinois for a lot of reasons.  This is probably one of the weaker arguments with less evidence to prove it.

I don't think he's probably a good fit at a lot of major stops because he's just so goofy.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
While I agree it's way too early to call Weber a great hire due to sustain success, I think everyone would agree that outside of a major Foster injury we expected this season to be our worst season for the next 4 years. We have Hurt and Edwards for the next two, and then this class of freshman will be seniors after that. So if we can compete for a Big 12 title and win a tournament game with this team, it seems pretty obvious that oscar's ceiling is way higher than we first thought. No one even expected us to make the tournament going into the season, and with this roster and Frank coaching I still would not have expected to make the NCAA torn-a-ment. So it kind of makes sense why Mellinger is writing this poorly written article now, right?

:thumbs:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
The outrageous success of Titletown has drove Sam Mellinger to write fluff pieces about oscar Weber?   :billdance:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
At some point will people realize that Illinois, Maryland and St. Johns are really hard jobs?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
ILLINOIS IS A SOCIALLY ORANGE LOSER WHO IS A LOSER AND CANT WIN AND WAS MAYBE THE PROBLEM ALL ALONG IT TURNS OUT

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
ILLINOIS IS A SOCIALLY ORANGE LOSER WHO IS A LOSER AND CANT WIN AND WAS MAYBE THE PROBLEM ALL ALONG IT TURNS OUT

How rough ridin' dare you.  Illinois was winning the two coaches right before oscar and even oscar won at Illinois before it got too Bruced up.  So in your fat rough ridin' face.  The nerve, I swear.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Socially orange, bread. Can't deny it.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

How rough ridin' dare you.  Illinois was winning the two coaches right before oscar and even oscar won at Illinois before it got too Bruced up.  So in your fat rough ridin' face.  The nerve, I swear.

Then what happened?  Right, no one gives a eff.

:bball:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile

Then what happened?  Right, no one gives a eff.

:bball:

Hey dumbfuck obviously the whole of Illini Nation cares.  That is a substantial quantity of people.  Far more than no one.  Served your fat rough ridin' face right up. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Socially orange, bread. Can't deny it.

Are you trying to hurt me? 

Don't eff with me, Sean.  Not you.   

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys, be nice to Mr Bread. He doesn't deserve this.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Guys, be nice to Mr Bread. He doesn't deserve this.

bread can fight his own battles
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You guys realize Frank was a fraud, right?

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
I think everyone would agree that outside of a major Foster injury we expected this season to be our worst season for the next 4 years. We have Hurt and Edwards for the next two, and then this class of freshman will be seniors after that. So if we can compete for a Big 12 title and win a tournament game with this team, it seems pretty obvious that oscar's ceiling is way higher than we first thought.

i think you mean his floor, at least medium-term, is higher than thought.  he's been to the final four before, so i'm not sure that people were constraining him with a low ceiling (if they were, i don't know why).

his past record is one that includes a mixture of impressive success and inexplicable failure relative to the profile of the program, not one of consistent mediocrity.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile

God I miss Frank so much. So, so much.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

evidence suggests...The guy is winless in conference, their defense sucks..and their fanbase loves him for it. He found his dream job.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/2579/south-carolina-gamecocks

Frank's got Wooly syndrome. Can't win close games and blows leads at home. Anyone catch their 1 point loss to Ole Miss?

We shut down Henderson in Bramlage...but Frank let the kid hit 16 points on him and took the game from him. Enjoy the salary, Frank. The bidding war paid off.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
i'm not sure that people were constraining him with a low ceiling (if they were, i don't know why).

Most thought his previous ceiling was due to an incredible roster of talent he didn't recruit. It was definitely reasonable to think he would have a lower ceiling here.

Am I really explaining this?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
i'm not sure that people were constraining him with a low ceiling (if they were, i don't know why).

Most thought his previous ceiling was due to an incredible roster of talent he didn't recruit. It was definitely reasonable to think he would have a lower ceiling here.

Am I really explaining this?

didn't see this till now.  low /= lower.  it was reasonable to place a lower ceiling than final four, not reasonable to place a ceiling that was absolutely, rather than relatively, low.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hwy guys, drop your drinks and look what Trim found!!!! More dork store photos of our badass coach, oscar! :Wha:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:01:30 PM by WackySquawk08 »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile

I thought oscar broke that habit.  :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I bet trim took more screen shots of oscar on the game than he actually took screenshots of the score. Poor bastard.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter