Author Topic: NYC  (Read 40920 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: NYC
« Reply #475 on: June 11, 2022, 10:59:36 AM »
I saw William Jackson Harper from The Good Place in Brooklyn this morning.

CELEBRITIES

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 11, 2022, 11:11:52 AM »
I’m more famous than whoever that is

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 21, 2022, 11:52:39 AM »
I’m more famous than whoever that is

Checks out.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 21, 2022, 12:42:25 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 21, 2022, 08:25:51 PM »
Seriously seeing packs of kids doing wheelies on ATV's and off road dirt bikes on the streets of Brooklyn is one of the coolest parts of summer and our new nerd mayor is engaging in nerd behavior

https://twitter.com/Fabien_Levy/status/1539326786789572608

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 21, 2022, 08:32:41 PM »
The whole ATV/dirt bikes in large metropolitan areas is still bonkers to me.

But I also know multiple white Midwesterners in large (Midwesternish) metropolitan areas who have tricked out golf carts they ride around town in so who am I to judge.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 21, 2022, 08:58:20 PM »

But I also know multiple white Midwesterners in large (Midwesternish) metropolitan areas who have tricked out golf carts they ride around town in so who am I to judge.

I mean I see these guys riding around and it looks fun as crap. Just guys being dudes going fast and doing tricks and being loud. I get that it's annoying for some folks but good grief they live in New York City.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 22, 2022, 03:22:19 AM »

You might be surprised to learn how many other countries behave.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 22, 2022, 06:43:43 AM »
cities should crack down on noise pollution, it's incredibly disruptive for everyone and degrades the quality of life.  there have been some drag races or some crap that (i assume) kids do somewhere semi-near our house in fresno and it is loudly audible for miles.  i'd support the death penalty for whoever is doing it.

assuming many of these have two stroke engines, those also put out insane (proportionately) amounts of chemical pollution that is pretty incompatible with people trying to live and breathe nearby.

in sum, it makes a lot of sense to prohibit these in cities, and i'd imagine most nyc residents support removing them.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 22, 2022, 07:21:25 AM »
cities should crack down on noise pollution, it's incredibly disruptive for everyone and degrades the quality of life.  there have been some drag races or some crap that (i assume) kids do somewhere semi-near our house in fresno and it is loudly audible for miles.  i'd support the death penalty for whoever is doing it.

assuming many of these have two stroke engines, those also put out insane (proportionately) amounts of chemical pollution that is pretty incompatible with people trying to live and breathe nearby.

in sum, it makes a lot of sense to prohibit these in cities, and i'd imagine most nyc residents support removing them.

It's pretty far down the list of problems on New York streets when it comes to pollution, noise, and general safety. Also they're already banned and this cop son of a bitch is doing a stupid photo op with a checkered flag while I see about 500 cars flooring it to run red lights in a school zone for every ATV I see.

https://twitter.com/wjz/status/1539367420145680385

Not surprised our resident cop lover hates kids having fun!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 22, 2022, 07:51:08 AM »

It's pretty far down the list of problems on New York streets when it comes to pollution, noise, and general safety. Also they're already banned and this cop son of a bitch is doing a stupid photo op with a checkered flag while I see about 500 cars flooring it to run red lights in a school zone for every ATV I see.

I'm on the fence with this one. On one hand, it seems like a pretty great way to get around in a crowded city. Maybe, everyone should be issued a dirt bike and then they could ban cars in the city? On the other hand, hearing.wwwhahahahahahahahhahahahahah all day would prob drive me insane and I would want to stick something in their spokes.

But for real, did they have to crush them like this? This just seems like a waste. Send them to poor kids in KS or something.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 22, 2022, 08:31:00 AM »

I'm on the fence with this one. On one hand, it seems like a pretty great way to get around in a crowded city. Maybe, everyone should be issued a dirt bike and then they could ban cars in the city? On the other hand, hearing.wwwhahahahahahahahhahahahahah all day would prob drive me insane and I would want to stick something in their spokes.

But for real, did they have to crush them like this? This just seems like a waste. Send them to poor kids in KS or something.
You really only see them on nice weekend afternoons. It's usually a group of like 10 black guys in their early 20's (which might be the crux of why people get so upset about it). I might notice 2-3 groups per weekend. Also a lot of ATV's, not just dirt bikes. I guess ATV's are harder to smash with a bulldozer.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 22, 2022, 08:59:47 AM »
oh it's in the afternoons?!? yeah you guys are being cops.
where i live they generally happen between 1am-4am and it sucks. the annoyance is the point of it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED guys i am annoyed

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 22, 2022, 09:51:59 AM »
I saw these fuckers yesterday. there was a bunch of sysbud chuckleheads on multiple blocks just yucking it up with their ridiculous rifles and helmets

https://twitter.com/speechboy71/status/1539607545584689155

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 22, 2022, 09:59:45 AM »
may be the first somewhat good speechboy post. I qualify it because while making an anti-cop post he could not help but have the tone of personalized inconvenience/yelp restaurant review.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 22, 2022, 10:28:04 AM »
may be the first somewhat good speechboy post. I qualify it because while making an anti-cop post he could not help but have the tone of personalized inconvenience/yelp restaurant review.

lol

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 22, 2022, 10:55:53 AM »
honestly "no comment" was probably the best possible response from that chodey cop

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 22, 2022, 12:39:38 PM »
The four wheeler dirt bike bros are all over downtown KC. I only find the engine noise annoying. They look to be having pretty innocent fun so whatever

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 22, 2022, 04:16:09 PM »
The four wheeler dirt bike bros are all over downtown KC. I only find the engine noise annoying. They look to be having pretty innocent fun so whatever

I didn't realize that, I never saw it in SF/Oakland and don't remember them in KC and remember them in DMX videos so I thought it was a NYC thing.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 22, 2022, 04:19:40 PM »
I think these guys are probably cooler than the car guy idiots.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 22, 2022, 04:22:56 PM »
We have a couple groups of dirt bike bros here in St Joe that zoom around town.  I never really see them going super fast but I do see them doing wheelies, and sometimes standing up on the seat and stuff.  They are crazy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 01, 2023, 10:09:41 PM »
Folks

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire