Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: NYC
« Reply #525 on: May 16, 2023, 02:18:37 PM »
lots of talk about that ex-marine killing that guy on the subway. yesterday there was a guy yelling on the train and at a stop an MTA employee (cop) got on and asked everyone if they felt threatened and everyone was fine and just wanted to go home so the cops like "alright" and we were about to go but the guy starts arguing with the cop and the guy says he's high as a kite and he gets off the train and gets on another one across the platform where I'm sure a new car got a new adventure.
Do you ride the subway every day and if so how common are incidents like that?

A couple of years ago I was in NYC for 5 days and had two similar incidents. First one was a 45ish year old black lady ranting to no one about how blacks and whites shouldn't be having sex with each other. They can live their own life's but they can't eff.

Second one was 2 25ish year old people sitting next to each other. Girl accuses guy of touching her leg, guy freaks out and starts yelling that she hates him because he's Jewish etc etc. They are standing up at this point and after a minute of arguing some other passenger just casually stands between them blocking their view of each other, they stop arguing and everything goes back to normal.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 16, 2023, 02:24:28 PM »
I ride the subway to work 3-4 days a week. People are yelling like once every week or 2. There has been one time a guy shoved me pretty hard while he got off the train but that's the only physical contact I've seen. I imagine different lines and stations have varying numbers of issues

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 16, 2023, 03:14:36 PM »
I don’t really understand the thing where he killed him on the train. I assume he was attempting to just knock him out and then mumped up and did it too long?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 16, 2023, 03:45:53 PM »
I don’t really understand the thing where he killed him on the train. I assume he was attempting to just knock him out and then mumped up and did it too long?

He had him in a chokehold for 15 minutes

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 16, 2023, 03:51:03 PM »
also I saw a great subway confrontation on a crowded subway in queens heading to the US Open. There was a group of like 10-15 extended family members dressed and talking like southern country club members. The train was PACKED and like 6 of them were standing in a circle talking and not really paying attention to the people around them and one of the guys just kept bumping a woman who was wedged between the guy and the wall. She asked him to watch out and he kind of said sorry but then he just kept bumping into her when he probably had space in front of him but it would close his circle. The lady got really agitated but then another lady WENT THE eff OFF on the guy about visiting and not respecting people and how he needed to apologize and these rough ridin' southerners started arguing instead of just saying sorry and moving away from the first woman. At one point the oldest one was like "he did apologize a long time ago, we do have manners where I'm from" but they still wouldn't try to move or apologize. It was a little intense and I looked over and one of the southern belles of the group was seated and was BAWLING because her boyfriend was getting yelled at and it was hilarious and then I went to the US Open and drank a million Honey Dueces and had a blast

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 16, 2023, 04:33:43 PM »
I used to spend a good amount of time in NYC for work and never saw a good subway confrontation. The finance people I listen to podcasts of act like the subway has gotten way worse over the last decade or so. Lot of them won’t ride it. I always assumed it was just because they have naturally gotten wealthier and fancier and snobbier and not that the subway has gotten rowdier. Rusty’s stories make me think it could be actually more festive now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 16, 2023, 04:37:35 PM »

He had him in a chokehold for 15 minutes

So he was just clutching the dudes lifeless head for 14 minutes, that’s rough ridin' nuts.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 16, 2023, 04:48:39 PM »
I used to spend a good amount of time in NYC for work and never saw a good subway confrontation. The finance people I listen to podcasts of act like the subway has gotten way worse over the last decade or so. Lot of them won’t ride it. I always assumed it was just because they have naturally gotten wealthier and fancier and snobbier and not that the subway has gotten rowdier. Rusty’s stories make me think it could be actually more festive now though.

My kids take it to school every day (along with 100s of thousands of kids). Maybe it's worse but it's not THAT bad at all and lol @ a grown ass man being afraid to ride it.

Most "incidents" are someone yelling at no one.

The only other actual confrontation I remember is a guy lit up a cig at like 11am on a Tuesday and this other dude started SCREAMING at him about how he was a grown ass man and what the eff is he doing and what his mother would think of him nonstop for like 3 stops before the guy who tried to smoke gave up and got off

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 16, 2023, 05:01:36 PM »
Granted only rode it for the week I was there, and besides the aforementioned top notch people watching, I never had any issues on the subway. The only concern I had was cause I was on it a 2am coming from queens back into Manhattan, and it was more the time and the very few and far between riders. I feel like the subway, like a lot of NYC, there "there are so many people everywhere" thing generally keeps you from being singled out in a violent confrontation, it's the more one on one and by yourself situations you need to watch out for, which given all the people, is very noticeable when you are in one.

I feel like also for the subway, for the sheer amount of people riding it, the occasional verbal accosting being the worse anyone has seen is pretty damn good.

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 16, 2023, 08:01:10 PM »
In my experience, there's been a small amount of crazy happening for years/decades on the subway. I haven't ridden since mid-March of 2020 (left the city to get more room for toddlers during COVID), so I don't know about NOW, but it was pretty steady from the mid-90s to 2020. Like, I only ever saw someone smoking crack on a subway in the 90s, but then it probably actually got worse in terms of confrontations when it got more crowded in the 2000s. And I also saw LOTS of people going out of their way to be very nice. It's just a mix of humanity and none of it ever bothered me. I used to ride late nights and fall asleep.

I definitely agree with this:
I feel like also for the subway, for the sheer amount of people riding it, the occasional verbal accosting being the worse anyone has seen is pretty damn good.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 16, 2023, 08:38:05 PM »
also I saw a great subway confrontation on a crowded subway in queens heading to the US Open. There was a group of like 10-15 extended family members dressed and talking like southern country club members. The train was PACKED and like 6 of them were standing in a circle talking and not really paying attention to the people around them and one of the guys just kept bumping a woman who was wedged between the guy and the wall. She asked him to watch out and he kind of said sorry but then he just kept bumping into her when he probably had space in front of him but it would close his circle. The lady got really agitated but then another lady WENT THE eff OFF on the guy about visiting and not respecting people and how he needed to apologize and these rough ridin' southerners started arguing instead of just saying sorry and moving away from the first woman. At one point the oldest one was like "he did apologize a long time ago, we do have manners where I'm from" but they still wouldn't try to move or apologize. It was a little intense and I looked over and one of the southern belles of the group was seated and was BAWLING because her boyfriend was getting yelled at and it was hilarious and then I went to the US Open and drank a million Honey Dueces and had a blast

this example of the tribalism found in nyc is pretty interesting and definitely not something you’d see everywhere.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 16, 2023, 08:57:46 PM »
I shall now tell my story. It happened not long ago in NYC, baby!

What was a routine subway ride took an unexpected turn when Lisa, engrossed in a book, found herself entangled in a tense encounter with Rusty, a middle-aged man who couldn't contain his frustration about parking difficulties on his block. Rusty, on his way to the U.S. Open tennis tournament, where he yearned to indulge in millions of Honey Deuces, stormed into the crowded subway car. Settling beside Lisa, his scowling face mirrored his exasperation, setting the stage for a tense confrontation.

As the tension escalated, Lisa maintained her composure, subtly shifting away from Rusty to diffuse the situation. Rusty's muttered complaints about parking issues continued, fueled by his longing for the tennis event and the delightful Honey Deuces. However, breaking the silence, Lisa surprised Rusty with an unexpected act of kindness: she closed her book and offered him a genuine smile, acknowledging his frustrations.

Caught off guard by Lisa's gesture, Rusty's scowl momentarily softened, replaced by a glimmer of curiosity beneath his hardened exterior. In a calm and understanding voice, Lisa empathetically remarked, "It seems like you're having a tough day dealing with parking issues while you're eager to enjoy the U.S. Open and those delightful Honey Deuces. Is there anything I can do to help?" Rusty hesitated, releasing a sigh that seemed to alleviate some of his pent-up annoyance. An uneasy truce settled between them as the rest of the subway ride unfolded in a cautious silence.

As Lisa reached her stop and prepared to disembark, she nodded to Rusty, carrying a sense of quiet accomplishment. This encounter served as a powerful reminder that even in the most charged moments, a simple act of kindness has the power to bridge divides, ease frustrations, and foster understanding. Whether it's within the confines of a subway car or amidst the excitement of the U.S. Open, where millions of Honey Deuces await, compassion can transcend the barriers that separate us.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 16, 2023, 11:42:43 PM »

What was a routine subway ride took an unexpected turn when Lisa, engrossed in a book, found herself entangled in a tense encounter with Rusty, a middle-aged man who couldn't contain his frustration about parking difficulties on his block. Rusty, on his way to the U.S. Open tennis tournament, where he yearned to indulge in millions of Honey Deuces, stormed into the crowded subway car. Settling beside Lisa, his scowling face mirrored his exasperation, setting the stage for a tense confrontation.

As the tension escalated, Lisa maintained her composure, subtly shifting away from Rusty to diffuse the situation. Rusty's muttered complaints about parking issues continued, fueled by his longing for the tennis event and the delightful Honey Deuces. However, breaking the silence, Lisa surprised Rusty with an unexpected act of kindness: she closed her book and offered him a genuine smile, acknowledging his frustrations.

Caught off guard by Lisa's gesture, Rusty's scowl momentarily softened, replaced by a glimmer of curiosity beneath his hardened exterior. In a calm and understanding voice, Lisa empathetically remarked, "It seems like you're having a tough day dealing with parking issues while you're eager to enjoy the U.S. Open and those delightful Honey Deuces. Is there anything I can do to help?" Rusty hesitated, releasing a sigh that seemed to alleviate some of his pent-up annoyance. An uneasy truce settled between them as the rest of the subway ride unfolded in a cautious silence.

As Lisa reached her stop and prepared to disembark, she nodded to Rusty, carrying a sense of quiet accomplishment. This encounter served as a powerful reminder that even in the most charged moments, a simple act of kindness has the power to bridge divides, ease frustrations, and foster understanding. Whether it's within the confines of a subway car or amidst the excitement of the U.S. Open, where millions of Honey Deuces await, compassion can transcend the barriers that separate us.
IDK sounds made up

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 17, 2023, 03:09:42 AM »

I know this story doesn't have anything to do with a certain gE'r on this board, but for some reason, it seems familiar.  :D
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 17, 2023, 07:44:24 AM »
Code: [Select]
https://www.tiktok.com/@funnyy_clipss69/video/7218801759018290478
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 07:49:42 AM by chum1 »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: May 18, 2023, 06:29:08 PM »
Tell me about this citi bike Karen. Did she really pay for the bike? Did someone take it from her? Should she be #Canceled?

(My entire knowledge of the incident is skimming through a news article this morning and I couldn't tell what exactly happened)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 18, 2023, 08:40:59 PM »
Tell me about this citi bike Karen. Did she really pay for the bike? Did someone take it from her? Should she be #Canceled?

(My entire knowledge of the incident is skimming through a news article this morning and I couldn't tell what exactly happened)

I don't think there's anything definitive that exonerates her based on the video or even if her lawyer provides receipts but the way she went from being very belligerent to fake crying back to being belligerent isn't a great look for her.

FWIW I ride citibike multiple times a week and am around stations all the time and I have never seen a confrontation over a bike

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 18, 2023, 09:06:52 PM »

I don't think there's anything definitive that exonerates her based on the video or even if her lawyer provides receipts but the way she went from being very belligerent to fake crying back to being belligerent isn't a great look for her.

FWIW I ride citibike multiple times a week and am around stations all the time and I have never seen a confrontation over a bike

I'm pretty torn on this one tbh. The video looks *not great* for her. however now she's come out with "proof" that the bike was in fact hers. How important that is, I'm not sure. She should have just gotten off the bike and gotten a different one for sure. But, I don't think there's anything inherently racist about this, and I definitely don't think she should lose her job over it.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 18, 2023, 10:38:09 PM »

People in KCMO are afraid to ride the bus. it's very  :lol:

people are soft

My kids take it to school every day (along with 100s of thousands of kids). Maybe it's worse but it's not THAT bad at all and lol @ a grown ass man being afraid to ride it.

Most "incidents" are someone yelling at no one.

The only other actual confrontation I remember is a guy lit up a cig at like 11am on a Tuesday and this other dude started SCREAMING at him about how he was a grown ass man and what the eff is he doing and what his mother would think of him nonstop for like 3 stops before the guy who tried to smoke gave up and got off
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 26, 2023, 10:48:15 AM »

I'm pretty torn on this one tbh. The video looks *not great* for her. however now she's come out with "proof" that the bike was in fact hers. How important that is, I'm not sure. She should have just gotten off the bike and gotten a different one for sure. But, I don't think there's anything inherently racist about this, and I definitely don't think she should lose her job over it.
Someone spoke to one of the kids

https://twitter.com/jsmooth995/status/1661848893422727170

Their story seems plausible, basically as a member you get 45 free minutes, after that fees kick in. So the boys were riding all over the place and were docked to reset the 45 minutes and hanging out on them until they left again. Kinda bullshit that they were "reserving" them by sitting on them but not a huge deal IMO. she definitely could have just moved on.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 10:52:02 AM by michigancat »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 29, 2023, 05:11:22 PM »
Mayor is a piece of crap

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 05, 2023, 12:56:26 PM »
A great song; a true song about Bloomberg's NYC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eohHwsplvY

Your mild billionaire mayor's now convinced he's a king
So the boring collect, I mean all disrespect
In the neighborhood bars I'd once dreamt I would drink

Bloomberg was definitely the best mayor in the past 30+ years.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 06, 2023, 10:27:59 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile