Author Topic: phog.net realignment gems  (Read 135366 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #775 on: September 02, 2021, 02:41:08 PM »
There's a Runza in Lawrence.  Just sayin

Never really cared for Russian Bierocks.  :Yuck:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 03, 2021, 02:00:51 PM »
When OU and Texas formally withdraw from the XII, if the big 10 doesn't act on issuing the invitation already promised, then off to the SEC we go along with the blueblood football and basketball programs from the ACC. All of this talk of confederacy vs. union from 150+ years ago will cease and desist (well, it probably won't but that doesn't matter) and KU will enjoy being a prosperous and contributing member of a conference that "gets it" while the big 10 and the PAC explore new ways of self-gratification.

I guess that KU should have gone with OU and Texas to the SEC, but they're holding out for the big 10 invite. 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 03, 2021, 02:20:32 PM »
If people are worried about the $ they should crunch the numbers. KU could potentially live off road game payouts and national publicity. Take control of every aspect of your program the way Notre Dame does.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: September 03, 2021, 02:28:54 PM »
If people are worried about the $ they should crunch the numbers. KU could potentially live off road game payouts and national publicity. Take control of every aspect of your program the way Notre Dame does.

:love:

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 05, 2021, 11:36:02 AM »
There's a Runza in Lawrence.  Just sayin

Never really cared for Russian Bierocks.  :Yuck:

As my friend says, "Lets go to Runza and see what we get."

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 06, 2021, 07:50:35 PM »
they're very delusional over there

So when does KU dip out after we sign these 4 new schools?

If KU does there will be clauses that allow us to leave for the Big Ten with reduced buy outs. They know KU is not signing if not. If those rumor's are true (several are reporting it) then that might end up being cheaper for KU to leave than the current GOR. I truly believe we will be leaving soon and Girod and Goff know exactly what they are doing.

Online passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 07, 2021, 04:45:32 PM »
Lol. I saw that earlier, and to be fair, that post was roundly and appropriately mocked. How does that account work, anyway? Do people just DM content? Wondering how gE got a mention a few weeks back.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 07, 2021, 05:36:33 PM »
Lol. I saw that earlier, and to be fair, that post was roundly and appropriately mocked. How does that account work, anyway? Do people just DM content? Wondering how gE got a mention a few weeks back.

Yes. Some guy from Texas Tech rivals got super butthurt last week and asked them not to post "premium content." Dude really thinks whomever runs that account is reading all of these message boards.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 08, 2021, 02:48:54 PM »
Quote from: Phog
I don't think the SEC will mess with us because they know we have been working with the Big Ten for some time and that is where we are going to end up. Playing games with the Big Ten is what turned them off on Missouri.
I disagree. Remember this is about who ends up as KING of the mountain. SEC pretty much has the Mountain in Football but Basketball is still available. Payoff maybe down the road 3 - 5 years but its there. They want to dominate college sports and this would give them the wins in the two most important arena's.
Do you think the SEC wants the embarrassment of offering KU and then have us accept an offer to the Big Ten. I think the SEC knows that if they offer us that we will notify the Big Ten to tell them we have a SEC offer and the Big Ten will invite us. Whether it be #15 or #16. The Big Ten won't let us get away and let the SEC take another potential candidate off the map. I could see the SEC offering us thinking the Big Ten would take us if they think that it helps out OuT moving faster but if not I doubt it. If we try to play games with the Big Ten it won't end up well for us. The Big Ten doesn't like that. I think the Big Ten offer is coming we just need to be professional and work with the league and the schools in it.

That thread has over 25k posts and over 1.5M views... it's becoming a national joke.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 08, 2021, 02:59:15 PM »
I have a question but I want everyone to know that I am actually being serious when I ask it…

Would the conference be better off from a future tv contract without ku? Kstate and ku definitely overlap territory and their football ratings are the worst in the conference by far. Like, if they and only they left and we added another decent random football school that doesn’t overlap geographic boundaries with another current school-would we be better off, worse or about the same. I’m guessing about the same.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 08, 2021, 03:09:17 PM »
Everything we know about $ for television is that football is worth vastly more than basketball…like worlds different levels of value.  So, I don’t think losing KU and replacing them with any average interest level college football fan base would hurt at all.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 08, 2021, 03:34:32 PM »
If the big 10 doesn't want us submit an application to the SEC, that's much better than being stuck in a conference with kstate/TCU/Cincy etc. We can try to down play it all we want but that's a huge step down for KU, plus less money and exposure

I understand culturally we don't fit in with SEC schools but we fit in much better with Mizzou/UT/OU/A&M/Kentucky/Bama/Tennessee/Florida etc, then we do with Kstate/Baylor/TCU/BYU/Memphis/Cincy for crying out loud and we would land in the most powerful stable conference in the country versus being relegated to a mid major.

Submit an App and see what happens, at least reach out to them and let them know we are definitely interested, a big 10 offer may never come our way in the next 20 years for all we know, so go to plan B, like you mentioned the SEC may see an instant attraction in becoming the premier basketball conference as well and with MU already in the fold as well as Kentucky, their is natural rivalries already in place with KU added , and then it opens up the door to possibly poach away UNC/Duke/Virginia from the ACC, which would make the SEC the most powerful football and basketball league by far, And if it forces the big 10 to deal their cards to send KU an offer then KU opens up the door that may have never opened up if we sit back and do nothing

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 08, 2021, 03:38:35 PM »
Does KU fit in better with aTm than with Kstate?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 08, 2021, 03:52:46 PM »
Looks like the two big dogs will face off for the KU prize.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline thunderbowlt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 08, 2021, 04:41:27 PM »
I have a question but I want everyone to know that I am actually being serious when I ask it…

Would the conference be better off from a future tv contract without ku? Kstate and ku definitely overlap territory and their football ratings are the worst in the conference by far. Like, if they and only they left and we added another decent random football school that doesn’t overlap geographic boundaries with another current school-would we be better off, worse or about the same. I’m guessing about the same.

They clearly don't want to be in the Big 12, so I think we should just ease their pain and send them packing right now. 

It seems like they pretty much have the pick of where they want to go, or they could get a bidding war started between the conference for them, or they might even possibly be able to pull off starting a new league bringing in the best of all the conferences.

It's clear that we've been holding them back.  I never want to be responsible for keeping anyone from reaching their full potential.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 08, 2021, 08:30:09 PM »
We should give them the boot.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 08, 2021, 09:35:15 PM »
alabama has tricked the SEC into inviting OU and Texas in order to destabilize the Big 12, and in doing so, the entire landscape of college football.  once ou and texas join the SEC, alabama plans on quitting the conference and joining forces with ku to form their own two team super conference with just them, alabama, the kings of college football and ku, the kings of college basketball.  the kings conference will reign supreme.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: September 08, 2021, 10:18:36 PM »
From now on no one is allowed to play football or basketball except those 2 teams and it can only be the teams playing themselves so don't even think about recruiting actual players.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 09, 2021, 12:35:58 AM »
It sounds like there is going to be a bidding war between the big 10 and SEC to see who will pay the KU exit fees plus cash so they can join immediately and get a huge ESPN contract extension.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 09, 2021, 07:01:01 AM »
alabama has tricked the SEC into inviting OU and Texas in order to destabilize the Big 12, and in doing so, the entire landscape of college football.  once ou and texas join the SEC, alabama plans on quitting the conference and joining forces with ku to form their own two team super conference with just them, alabama, the kings of college football and ku, the kings of college basketball.  the kings conference will reign supreme.

Heard the same from my Rabbi.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 09, 2021, 10:36:14 PM »

We are wanted by the P4. Just not right now.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 10, 2021, 08:08:54 AM »

We are wanted by the P4. Just not right now.

Denial
Anger
Bargaining       <------ We are here
Depression
Acceptance