Author Topic: Nevada Dork Pack game  (Read 7549 times)

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Nevada Dork Pack game
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2021, 11:07:25 AM »
The three-headed monster is a force to be reckoned with.

Except the third head gets 2 carries a game

If the starter is Deuce Vaughn and the backup is getting like 7 ypc, it would be malpractice to take the ball out of those guys hands. Even on those short yardage situations, Howard looks bigger than Jacardia.

You can tell the coaches know he needs to be pumped up a bit. On the touchdown that Howard ran in for to make it 31-17 all of the coaches ran up to Jacardia and tapped him on the helmet and hyped him up in his ear. I don't know if he had some great block, they didn't show the replay in stadium, but it just seemed like Will did the whole bang into the line thing.

Then when Will scored again to make it 38-17 Jacardia hung his head, you can tell he wanted the ball, then seemingly aware of his body language, he picked his head up and jogged off the field clapping his hands but not talking to anyone at all.

He's probably going to leave and that's okay because he's playing behind two studs and he needs a chance to shine as well. God bless the transfer portal.

Saw the exact same thing on TV and immediately thought he is likely entering the transfer portal in the not too distant future. Would be a shame because the odds of making it through any season without Deuce or Joe getting dinged up is very small.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2021, 11:47:14 AM »
The three-headed monster is a force to be reckoned with.

Except the third head gets 2 carries a game

If the starter is Deuce Vaughn and the backup is getting like 7 ypc, it would be malpractice to take the ball out of those guys hands. Even on those short yardage situations, Howard looks bigger than Jacardia.

You can tell the coaches know he needs to be pumped up a bit. On the touchdown that Howard ran in for to make it 31-17 all of the coaches ran up to Jacardia and tapped him on the helmet and hyped him up in his ear. I don't know if he had some great block, they didn't show the replay in stadium, but it just seemed like Will did the whole bang into the line thing.

Then when Will scored again to make it 38-17 Jacardia hung his head, you can tell he wanted the ball, then seemingly aware of his body language, he picked his head up and jogged off the field clapping his hands but not talking to anyone at all.

He's probably going to leave and that's okay because he's playing behind two studs and he needs a chance to shine as well. God bless the transfer portal.

Saw the exact same thing on TV and immediately thought he is likely entering the transfer portal in the not too distant future. Would be a shame because the odds of making it through any season without Deuce or Joe getting dinged up is very small.

I don't think he'll transfer before the end of the year, but if he did we'd be fine. From mid year on last year Deuce got almost all of the carries anyway, Trotter didn't carry the ball at all.

People keep asking about Jacardia getting touches, I'm much more concerned about Imatorbhebhe. He must not be able to block for crap because he's on the field for about 2 plays per drive, if even that.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2021, 12:04:49 PM »
Nevada quarterback made some elite throws

Dear god be threw one into quadruple coverage on 3rd and long that made my jaw drop.

This was right in front of me and it was unreal. Remember when I said that Mahomes was the best quarterback I've ever seen and he would be a NFL quarterback? I do! Well Carson Strong is the best passer I've ever seen. He's clearly not as athletic as Mahomes, but as a pure passer he's as good as I've ever seen. That bomb he hit was also very well defended but he dropped it in there, perfectly. He's athletic enough and moved in the pocket well, had good pocket awareness. He's much better than Rattler.

IMO I really don't think Rattler is that good, or at least he is way too risky with his passes. It's good to know this Strong guy is probably the best QB we'll face all year.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2021, 12:52:13 PM »

Dear god be threw one into quadruple coverage on 3rd and long that made my jaw drop.

This was right in front of me and it was unreal. Remember when I said that Mahomes was the best quarterback I've ever seen and he would be a NFL quarterback? I do! Well Carson Strong is the best passer I've ever seen. He's clearly not as athletic as Mahomes, but as a pure passer he's as good as I've ever seen. That bomb he hit was also very well defended but he dropped it in there, perfectly. He's athletic enough and moved in the pocket well, had good pocket awareness. He's much better than Rattler.

IMO I really don't think Rattler is that good, or at least he is way too risky with his passes. It's good to know this Strong guy is probably the best QB we'll face all year.

Strong is a classic 6’6” pro-style statue with a howitzer hanging off his shoulder.  He’s tailor-made for the nfl, but imo probably easier for a good college defense to defend than a guy like Rattler.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2021, 12:53:47 PM »
Either way, we have a real defense, a real coaching staff and a real team. No one is going to look forward to playing us the rest of the way.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2021, 01:07:44 PM »
What a great effort from our o line today.

I hope Josh Rivas is okay.  :ohno:

He came back in and finished the game. I think he sprained his ankle. The trainers taped something up but I couldn't see what it was they taped because they have the injury tent thing. The trainer ran out, got tape and prewrap, Rivas was out of the tent and in the game less than 5 minutes later.
Did we lose John Deere providing a Gator to haul injured players off?  It's painful watching these guys limp off with arms draped over fellow teammates shoulders.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2021, 01:12:18 PM »
How about that Pissclams clone Nevada had at backup qb? It made me lol every time he was on the field, too bad we didn't get to see a play designed for him
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2021, 01:14:00 PM »
Like I don't know if our corners are particularly short this year but thinking historically how hilarious one of our 5'6" guys defending this 6'8" monster made me lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2021, 05:47:31 PM »
Either way, we have a real defense, a real coaching staff and a real team. No one is going to look forward to playing us the rest of the way.
Let's not get too carried away. This is probably an 8-4 team at best (which I will be happy with)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2021, 05:49:56 PM »
HAPPY AS crap!

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2021, 06:11:29 PM »
Let's not get too carried away. This is probably an 8-4 team at best (which I will be happy with)
I can't predict anything without knowing what will happen with Skylar, but with him back I would not say 8-4 is our ceiling. But like you u would still be very happy with that.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2021, 06:51:57 PM »

I can't predict anything without knowing what will happen with Skylar, but with him back I would not say 8-4 is our ceiling. But like you u would still be very happy with that.

I think 9-3 would be really difficult even with a healthy Sky. Regardless, it's not something we have

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2021, 06:58:15 PM »

I think 9-3 would be really difficult even with a healthy Sky. Regardless, it's not something we have
Yea 9-3 or better would need some 2011 type magic, but not impossible with a healthy Sky imo. I'm just not that impressed with most of the B12 so far.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2021, 09:00:12 PM »

Strong is a classic 6’6” pro-style statue with a howitzer hanging off his shoulder.  He’s tailor-made for the nfl, but imo probably easier for a good college defense to defend than a guy like Rattler.

Bullshit. Strong makes throws that no other college QB can make and he's mobile enough. The two big passing plays they made one of them was perfectly defended, the third & long, and the bomb was defended well enough to be picked against most college QBs.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2021, 09:19:03 AM »

Bullshit. Strong makes throws that no other college QB can make and he's mobile enough. The two big passing plays they made one of them was perfectly defended, the third & long, and the bomb was defended well enough to be picked against most college QBs.

I'd have to agree. He made several throws that, as I watched it live and on replay, I could not see how we could have defended any better without drawing penalties, or somehow knowing what was about to occur beforehand. Strong is impressive.

Offline bananaeater

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2021, 05:51:57 PM »

I'd have to agree. He made several throws that, as I watched it live and on replay, I could not see how we could have defended any better without drawing penalties, or somehow knowing what was about to occur beforehand. Strong is impressive.

A couple of his long completions had 2, and in one case 3, K-state defenders a half-step away from intercepting.  It's just about impossible to defend against a perfect throw.  Nevada doesn't represent the toughest offense we'll see this season, but I believe we saw the best QB we're going to play against. 

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2021, 10:24:28 PM »
Yeah, he made awesome throws. He was also under pressure all day and was getting knocked around all day. He will probably a great pro. Still think guys like Murray, Rattler, RGIII etc. are more difficult for your average college defense to slow down. 

Strong is a statue.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2021, 11:12:03 PM »
strong, along with that receiving corp, is awful hard to defend.  he's the best QB we'll face all year, unless Rattler all of a sudden becomes a much better QB in the next few weeks.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]