Author Topic: Bowl Projections  (Read 335018 times)

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bowl Projections
« Reply #1775 on: November 21, 2022, 09:48:48 PM »
So a potential 9 and 4 team goes to the Sugar? I'd rather play Bama than LSU, would be fun to hear a three hour tribute to  :billdance: and get to play an all timer. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 21, 2022, 10:07:31 PM »
Roll Snyd!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 22, 2022, 06:54:50 AM »
Karl has never spent a dime on a bowl game, and never will. 

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 22, 2022, 09:00:54 AM »
So a potential 9 and 4 team goes to the Sugar? I'd rather play Bama than LSU, would be fun to hear a three hour tribute to  :billdance: and get to play an all timer.

A potential 8-5 team could play in the Sugar if Baylor beats Texas on Friday.  An unlikely scenario, but it would be funny to then romp all over Alabama and win the Sugar.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 22, 2022, 09:37:30 AM »
oysters and beer
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: November 22, 2022, 10:57:17 AM »
I'm now accepting bids for a spare room in my camper in New Orleans. You must be willing to accept loud noises from little kids early AM on new years day.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: November 23, 2022, 08:59:40 PM »
You guys should probably start looking at airbnbs. Also might be worth it to just stay in a suburb like Metairie and take Ubers both ways every day.

Would be lovely to not play LSU. That would only make everything significantly more expensive than it already is. Without them, I expect you could get game tickets on the secondary market for pretty cheap. I went to the UGA/Baylor Sugar Bowl a few years ago and got in for like $10.

Know what sucks ass about this year's Sugar Bowl? It kicks off at 11 am. WHY.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 09:03:48 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 23, 2022, 10:47:54 PM »
DoubleTree over by the Harrah's has pretty cheap rooms rn.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 23, 2022, 11:03:13 PM »
You guys should probably start looking at airbnbs. Also might be worth it to just stay in a suburb like Metairie and take Ubers both ways every day.

Would be lovely to not play LSU. That would only make everything significantly more expensive than it already is. Without them, I expect you could get game tickets on the secondary market for pretty cheap. I went to the UGA/Baylor Sugar Bowl a few years ago and got in for like $10.

Nope its 845 EST

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 23, 2022, 11:11:53 PM »
Disregard, i am an idiot and should never doubt SB's naw leans insights. This is actually better, originally I was only looking at hotels/airbnb's within walking distance to the superdome since I figured it would be rough to get an uber after the game ends at like midnight.

Now the world is my oyster....Can't wait until I hang out with SB again due to our friends of friends and we dont connect the dots until after we post about it on gEMAW. (Vandy)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: November 23, 2022, 11:23:47 PM »

DoubleTree 12/30-1/1, VOCO St. James 1/1-1/2. Both near Harrah's and French Qtr. For some reason I couldn't book Doubletree thru 1/2, prob just screwed it up somehow. Booked with Doubletree w Cap One Pts. Booked VOCO w/ a IHG free night I had to use.

Now only decision is if I'll drive or fly. Don't really want to use all my Chase points for this flight. Oddly flights are cheaper out of ICT then KC
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 23, 2022, 11:29:33 PM »

Nope its 845 EST

On New Year's Eve? eff.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 23, 2022, 11:35:45 PM »
it's 11 am BIG NOON KICKOFF

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 23, 2022, 11:51:50 PM »
Just stayed in the Pelham, not bad.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 24, 2022, 12:18:48 AM »
Just stayed in the Pelham, not bad.

That one looked cool. Similar to the st James. Old style hotel. Lots of windowless rooms

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 24, 2022, 01:19:13 PM »
It's an 11 am kickoff. I've been seeing billboards for it for months.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/89th-annual-allstate-sugar-bowl-new-orleans-louisiana-12-31-2022/event/1B005C87ED4978FC

Ben Ji can you point to posts where we figured it out?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 24, 2022, 02:07:20 PM »
We booked the Hyatt Regency the 30th-3rd. Was going to book Eliza Jane but doesn't allow cancellations and don't want to commit pending a meltdown saturday.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 24, 2022, 02:12:14 PM »
I stayed at the Olivier House when I went in December 2019, was really cool old hotel.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 24, 2022, 04:26:57 PM »
We booked the Hyatt Regency the 30th-3rd. Was going to book Eliza Jane but doesn't allow cancellations and don't want to commit pending a meltdown saturday.

:excited:

29th-1st for us. The kids wife have school on the 3rd

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 24, 2022, 05:56:44 PM »
Should we try to get a pak goin?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 24, 2022, 06:25:46 PM »
Stayed at the Eliza Jane 3 years ago w points and canco it rules you should just do it anyway

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 24, 2022, 06:36:43 PM »
May switch when we win Saturday and cancellation is no longer a concern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 24, 2022, 06:37:54 PM »
It's an 11 am kickoff. I've been seeing billboards for it for months.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/89th-annual-allstate-sugar-bowl-new-orleans-louisiana-12-31-2022/event/1B005C87ED4978FC

Ben Ji can you point to posts where we figured it out?
I was.........there. Exact same address. :surprise:

Not on the roof, though. I showed up the afternoon of the game like 30 minutes before everyone piled into Ubers to head to the stadium. There were a lot of people in the living room. Some friends were Titan'ing up. The Florida-Tennessee game was on TV. I used the bathroom. One friend had a very K-State0 Willie hat that is super lol. CAN'T BELIEVE WE COULD'VE PAK'D AND BEEN TALKING ABOUT WEIRD EMAILS FROM OUR DADS.

.......do you have a wife who went to a school in the midwest/rust belt'y area that isn't in Kansas? If so you guys are an adorbs couple and how boring was our Uber driver??

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 25, 2022, 04:04:30 PM »
Who wants to share some amazing new orleans craft beer on 12/30?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 25, 2022, 04:11:08 PM »

:excited:

29th-1st for us. The kids wife have school on the 3rd

You guys are so high class. Those Hyatt rooms were $1k/night on friday and saturday.