Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting  (Read 24309 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Intermittent Fasting
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2011, 10:34:14 PM »
Wow. Well I'm definitely not typing up my diet/work out plan again.

:shakesfist: Saul.
oh come on you can type that up atleast

You're right.

10-100 yd sprints, 6 days a week

Work out arms, legs, core (power cleans, dead lifts, hang cleans) 5 days a week.

Work out with yoga-like_abana once. That's all it takes.

Sprints?  are you training for 2012?   :lol:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2011, 10:42:51 PM »

You're right.

Work out arms, legs, core (power cleans, dead lifts, hang cleans) 5 days a week.

University of New Mexico exercise physiology professor Len Kravitz calls this process excess post-oxygen consumption, or EPOC, noting that your body's metabolism is much higher after exercise than before, because it needs to consume oxygen at a higher rate of oxygen after exercise. Your body expends hundreds of calories to get itself back to its resting state. After a 15- to 20-minute session of sprint training, your body uses energy from fat to cool down, replenish nutrients in your cells and repair damaged tissues.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/273232-what-are-the-benefits-of-sprints-for-weight-loss/#ixzz1XngXiAc5

http://health-fitness-solutions.blogspot.com/2007/05/dont-just-run-sprint.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par46.htm

http://www.natural-remedies-world.com/exercise-for-health.html#axzz1Xnh44VAJ

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »
I do uphill speed jogs currently.

Swimming seems like a good way to exercise.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2011, 10:56:14 PM »

You're right.

University of New Mexico exercise physiology professor Len Kravitz calls this process excess post-oxygen consumption, or EPOC, noting that your body's metabolism is much higher after exercise than before, because it needs to consume oxygen at a higher rate of oxygen after exercise. Your body expends hundreds of calories to get itself back to its resting state. After a 15- to 20-minute session of sprint training, your body uses energy from fat to cool down, replenish nutrients in your cells and repair damaged tissues.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/273232-what-are-the-benefits-of-sprints-for-weight-loss/#ixzz1XngXiAc5

Seems like basically they are just re-stating everything about interval training but applying it specifically to sprinting.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2011, 10:57:25 PM »

Would love to find a place for swimming. That has to be the best full body workout in existence.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2011, 10:59:23 PM »
tabata

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2011, 11:07:32 PM »
I workout less than 5 hours a week and am in the best shape of my life, eating the right foods is like 95% of the battle.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »
I workout less than 5 hours a week and am in the best shape of my life, eating the right foods is like 95% of the battle.

To maintain, you only need one or the other.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2011, 12:05:07 AM »
Eating right does not get you in shape, at all.  Working out is 99% of the battle to be in shape.  Of course, having a six pack and being in shape a 2 very different things.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2011, 12:46:20 AM »

:surprised:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2011, 12:54:23 AM »

:surprised:

Now we know how he got that 6 pack. And those pythons.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2011, 03:24:40 AM »

This.

Would you rather go run a couple miles and burn 150-250 calories (varies of course) or just lower your portion of dinner/stop eating out/eat healthier.  You might be a little hungry in the beginning couple of days, but your body adjusts.   No plan needed, just count calories, eat less to lose weight.

If your trying for cardiovascular health, then you need to exercise.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2011, 07:06:02 AM »
Eating right does not get you in shape, at all.  Working out is 99% of the battle to be in shape.  Of course, having a six pack and being in shape a 2 very different things.

Keep sucking down a 12 pack of glazed donuts and pounding your knees uphill into the pavement lemmy :lol:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2011, 07:25:55 AM »

You're right.

Seems like basically they are just re-stating everything about interval training but applying it specifically to sprinting.
Yeah, it's the same theory as HIIT.

And eating right is at least 90% of the battle. A 750 cal workout is a pretty hard workout (for referance you'd have to jog about 6 miles to burn 750 cals). Eat one double quarter pounder with cheese from McDonalds and you've evened it out. God only knows how much I can pack away at a chinese buffet.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2011, 07:37:57 AM »
EPOC kicks in more after weight lifting.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2011, 08:10:49 AM »

[/quote]Do you play American Women in the back ground to your workout? I guess Lenny Kravitz is pretty thin so you may have something there but who know in his spare time he was a professor?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2011, 08:14:41 AM »

Do you play American Women in the back ground to your workout? I guess Lenny Kravitz is pretty thin so you may have something there but who know in his spare time he was a professor?
[/quote]

:dubious:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2011, 08:25:31 AM »

Do you play American Women in the back ground to your workout? I guess Lenny Kravitz is pretty thin so you may have something there but who know in his spare time he was a professor?
[/quote]

So you missed Trim's post where he made the exact same joke?

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2011, 08:31:52 AM »
Yes I replied without scrolling down to the end and seeing if he made the same joke. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2011, 08:43:09 AM »

This.

Would you rather go run a couple miles and burn 150-250 calories (varies of course) or just lower your portion of dinner/stop eating out/eat healthier.  You might be a little hungry in the beginning couple of days, but your body adjusts.   No plan needed, just count calories, eat less to lose weight.

If your trying for cardiovascular health, then you need to exercise.

If you really want results, you have to do both.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2011, 08:49:29 AM »
good genes

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2011, 09:30:22 AM »

Would love to find a place for swimming. That has to be the best full body workout in existence.

Sex, bro.  Sex.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2011, 09:44:53 AM »

Sex, bro.  Sex.

sex in a swimming pool

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2011, 10:11:08 AM »

Sex, bro.  Sex.

sex in a swimming pool

while benching 350

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »

Sex, bro.  Sex.

sex in a swimming pool

while benching 350

and intermittent fasting