Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting  (Read 24746 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Intermittent Fasting
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2014, 09:40:42 AM »
Not eating breakfast is dumb too.
I rather sleep in.  :zzz:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2014, 09:44:01 AM »
I rather sleep in.  :zzz:
Well, don't bitch about being skinny-fat then.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2014, 09:45:07 AM »

I'd rather sleep than take the time to prepare breakfast.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2014, 09:46:30 AM »

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2014, 09:48:25 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2014, 09:48:47 AM »
 :shakesfist:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2014, 09:49:38 AM »

It takes about a minute to prepare oatmeal and stick it in the microwave, while it's cooking you can do something else. I'd rather sleep is an awful excuse.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2014, 09:52:02 AM »
To be fair, Ms. Wacky makes me these sausage egg cupcakes to go sometimes. They're pretty tasty and pretty damn good for you too. I had never heard of such a thing.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:55:24 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »
i don't eat breakfast because i'm not hungry at the time

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2014, 09:58:14 AM »
I'm just giving you crap, but I have seen you post about having a hard time reaching your physical goals. Your metabolism is a function of your physical activity level, the food you eat (quality and quantity) and the frequency at which you eat. Skipping breakfast is not ideal.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2014, 10:01:30 AM »
I'm just giving you crap, but I have seen you post about having a hard time reaching your physical goals. Your metabolism is a function of your physical activity level, the food you eat (quality and quantity) and the frequency at which you eat. Skipping breakfast is not ideal.
I know.  :D And I agree. I need to get back into my grove. I've let sports affect my diet too much lately. I use to do the 5 smaller meals a day thing and focus on the protein side of things. Fortunately, kickball is done in a few weeks and I can get back to my normal routine at the gym/diet.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2014, 10:06:22 AM »
I prepare and eat breakfast at work #efficiency

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2014, 10:10:09 AM »
I prepare and eat breakfast at work #efficiency

I actually do that sometimes (because I am not hungry until then) but it has been a long time since I did...because that involves planning ahead of time by bringing the food to work.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:33 AM »
just eat a bunch of bananas for breakfast.  that's what i do and i can basically talk to any girl i want to.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2014, 10:18:30 AM »

It takes about a minute to prepare oatmeal and stick it in the microwave, while it's cooking you can do something else. I'd rather sleep is an awful excuse.

OK, it is more about the fact that I don't plan ahead of time and buy the types of things that I could cook really quick and Gooch doesn't buy them when he goes grocery shopping.  :shakesfist:

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2014, 11:39:12 AM »
Heard about this from a 60 year old guy.  Him and his wife eat 500 calories two days per week and said they have been feeling great and have lost over 20 pounds each doing it (and they are not completely out of shape to begin with).

Basically like controlled anorexia, right?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2014, 11:53:42 AM »
Actually, the studies that showed how important it was to eat breakfast are now being challenged, and with success. Not only were they poorly done, and done many years ago, new studies are showing the opposite. The idea of jump starting your metabolism with calories (in oppose to physical activity) is pretty silly. Even the idea of metabolism is something we don't really understand. That's why the idea of small meals every 3 hours is laughable, because no matter how many calories you eat in one sitting you're going to use 10% of them for digestion, whether those 2500 calories come all at once or in a bunch of small meals throughout the day.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2014, 11:56:02 AM »
Actually, the studies that showed how important it was to eat breakfast are now being challenged, and with success. Not only were they poorly done, and done many years ago, new studies are showing the opposite. The idea of jump starting your metabolism with calories (in oppose to physical activity) is pretty silly. Even the idea of metabolism is something we don't really understand. That's why the idea of small meals every 3 hours is laughable, because no matter how many calories you eat in one sitting you're going to use 10% of them for digestion, whether those 2500 calories come all at once or in a bunch of small meals throughout the day.
Let me know how your fasted cardio helps with your strength gains...

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2014, 12:03:55 PM »
I prefer eating several small meals throughout the day because being hungry sucks and this way it's like I never stop eating.

Also, eating too much in one sitting tends to make me tired, especially at lunch.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2014, 12:34:01 PM »
Let me know how your fasted cardio helps with your strength gains...

I said it was for cutting.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2014, 12:48:05 PM »
Heard about this from a 60 year old guy.  Him and his wife eat 500 calories two days per week and said they have been feeling great and have lost over 20 pounds each doing it (and they are not completely out of shape to begin with).

Yeah, that's not what this is. I don't lose weight, nor is that the goal. If I wanted to lose weight, it would be pretty rough ridin' simple; eat a few less calories than I burn each day. Boom, I'm losing weight.

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2014, 01:02:13 PM »

Look who thinks he knows more than the pioneering researchers at the Kellogg's Institute.   :jeffy:

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »

Yeah, that's not what this is. I don't lose weight, nor is that the goal. If I wanted to lose weight, it would be pretty rough ridin' simple; eat a few less calories than I burn each day. Boom, I'm losing weight.

Not sure where the hostility is from.  I understand caloric balance.  I was just explaining an experience of intermittent fasting that I heard and their results compared to traditional weight loss ideas.. I could care less about your goal.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »
Actually, the studies that showed how important it was to eat breakfast are now being challenged, and with success. Not only were they poorly done, and done many years ago, new studies are showing the opposite.

link? (not challenging/questioning, I'd just like to read it.)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2014, 01:09:39 PM »

What did they typically eat on their 500 calorie days?