Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3916873 times)

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21875 on: November 23, 2022, 08:37:26 AM »
HVAC nerd alert but if you're going to do fabric duct you might as well make it purple and put powercats all over it. missed oppy iyam

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21876 on: November 23, 2022, 09:36:54 AM »
Allegedly the very preliminary design work up of New Bramlage has a lower seating bowl entrance ability, as well as an upper concourse level entry.  The whole West side ould be dug out and entire new entry plaza would be built on that side.   The East side would remain concourse level entry.

I remember a long time ago, like first cut of the athletics upgrades right after WSC was a thing that the west side of Bramlage would be some sort of plaza/KSU HOF area, seems that idea is being resurrected, though I'm sure through many iterations after the fact.

Will be curious how they keep the sort of "split level" of entrances, I assume the west side plaza is a rather large entrance with some sort of way to get up to the current concourse on each side and way into the the bowl on the west straight in? Understand it's prelim, trying to picture it in my mind

For some reason I was thinking one of the first rumors had a high rise condo complex (or even hotel?) somewhere around in there as well.

Still hope they can do that beyond the left field fence at Tointon like Miss. State U.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21877 on: November 23, 2022, 09:40:36 AM »
i really like the windows, wish the ood had some

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21878 on: November 23, 2022, 10:44:14 AM »
Allegedly the very preliminary design work up of New Bramlage has a lower seating bowl entrance ability, as well as an upper concourse level entry.  The whole West side ould be dug out and entire new entry plaza would be built on that side.   The East side would remain concourse level entry.

I remember a long time ago, like first cut of the athletics upgrades right after WSC was a thing that the west side of Bramlage would be some sort of plaza/KSU HOF area, seems that idea is being resurrected, though I'm sure through many iterations after the fact.

Will be curious how they keep the sort of "split level" of entrances, I assume the west side plaza is a rather large entrance with some sort of way to get up to the current concourse on each side and way into the the bowl on the west straight in? Understand it's prelim, trying to picture it in my mind

For some reason I was thinking one of the first rumors had a high rise condo complex (or even hotel?) somewhere around in there as well.

Still hope they can do that beyond the left field fence at Tointon like Miss. State U.

Yes, you are correct. The version that dax is talking about had a hotel and hall of fame on the west side, but that was before the volleyball arena and Olympic training facility.

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21879 on: November 23, 2022, 11:31:11 AM »
Speaking of Hotels near the stadium, has it been discussed on here what they're planning to do at the College of Ag right across the street from Vanier North and North West of the stadium? Supposedly want to have this done by 2025.

upload images

upload images

upload images

upload images

upload images
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 11:45:27 AM by NickVickandThick »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21880 on: November 23, 2022, 11:38:46 AM »
hadn't seen that

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21881 on: November 23, 2022, 11:44:24 AM »
whoa.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21882 on: November 23, 2022, 11:48:40 AM »
They're taking more parking spaces :runaway:

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21883 on: November 23, 2022, 11:58:12 AM »
They're taking more parking spaces :runaway:

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

BTW here's the video I pulled the screenshots from. They had a townhall about this and another major project adding onto Weber Hall and upgrading Call Hall about 2 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d62DiimYWeY

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21884 on: November 23, 2022, 12:06:41 PM »
Oh cool. More construction on kimball near college.  :dubious:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21885 on: November 23, 2022, 12:12:59 PM »

In the video, it actually says there is no access from where the work will take place to Kimball, and the City of MHK will be building a new access road connecting College and Denison further north.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21886 on: November 23, 2022, 12:21:03 PM »

In the video, it actually says there is no access from where the work will take place to Kimball, and the City of MHK will be building a new access road connecting College and Denison further north.

Yeah I’m listening to it now. My strong preference would be for all that to just remain open unused space space/farm land. But it at least sounds like they won’t have to tear up kimball again for two years if they do build more stuff.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21887 on: November 23, 2022, 12:22:13 PM »
For those wondering, best info starts at 20 min. mark. Even mentions the talks of the practice facility being built over there at one time.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21888 on: November 23, 2022, 12:40:49 PM »
i really like the windows, wish the ood had some

Exactly, add a peaked roof and beautiful limestone shell and you’ve got perfection.

@MakeItRain, I think we could o luxe all of the above with a concourse or duel level entrances.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21889 on: November 23, 2022, 12:44:25 PM »

Yep you can see the New road and connection highlighted in red.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 12:49:55 PM by NickVickandThick »

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21890 on: November 23, 2022, 12:55:42 PM »
For those wondering, best info starts at 20 min. mark. Even mentions the talks of the practice facility being built over there at one time.

:cry:

wishing they woulda

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21891 on: November 23, 2022, 01:23:22 PM »

Yeah I’m listening to it now. My strong preference would be for all that to just remain open unused space space/farm land. But it at least sounds like they won’t have to tear up kimball again for two years if they do build more stuff.

I think them putting all that there is to hide that exact thing. I think trying to make the stadium feel less next to a feel is what they are going for
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21892 on: November 23, 2022, 01:28:10 PM »

I think them putting all that there is to hide that exact thing. I think trying to make the stadium feel less next to a feel is what they are going for

If they want BSFS to feel less “in the middle of nowhere” they need to do something about the endless sea of asphalt that surrounds the stadium. It’s more of an eyesore than farmland IMO.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21893 on: November 23, 2022, 01:34:37 PM »

If they want BSFS to feel less “in the middle of nowhere” they need to do something about the endless sea of asphalt that surrounds the stadium. It’s more of an eyesore than farmland IMO.

The North Campus Corridor work helps with that, adding trees around the lots (and the practice facility helps as well). This EDGE district project would greatly help.

Another thing they hinted at for awhile was a main tree lined drive up to the front/main entrance of the WSC. I hope they do that at some point.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21894 on: November 23, 2022, 01:46:25 PM »
Having a tree lined entrance to the WSC would be a massive improvement aesthetically.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21895 on: November 23, 2022, 01:50:10 PM »

The North Campus Corridor work helps with that, adding trees around the lots (and the practice facility helps as well). This EDGE district project would greatly help.

Another thing they hinted at for awhile was a main tree lined drive up to the front/main entrance of the WSC. I hope they do that at some point.

also the whole training building cuts down on that too (the sea of parking lots), that and all the little small things like the rowing, heck even the volleyball and Olympic place kinda fill in gaps from the baseball area.

Agreed also the landscaping and tree thing will help break it all up.

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21896 on: November 23, 2022, 08:38:21 PM »

“What do we need that for”?  DarisTowny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21897 on: November 23, 2022, 10:41:25 PM »
Safe to say he has a more vested interest than most in this particular expansion.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21898 on: November 23, 2022, 11:50:34 PM »
Safe to say he has a more vested interest than most in this particular expansion.
He is the Kstate Foundation/College of Ag?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21899 on: November 24, 2022, 09:08:42 AM »

Dax doesn't know actual people, that was bound to be lost on him.