Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3917251 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21925 on: December 07, 2022, 07:59:39 PM »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21926 on: December 19, 2022, 07:05:30 AM »
The conversion of the old football indoor to the new indoor track is looking at a completion date of next fall.   It's going to cost $10 million, and will include a 200 meter banked track.

I also read the notes on Chancellor Girod's report to the Regents on the "11th and Mississippi Project".  Over the years I was lead to believe that all KU had to do was go to a small list of major donors, they in turn would rummage around in their couches and then each hand KU tens of millions of dollars to renovate the football stadium.  If Girod's proposed scope includes the football stadium, the question now is, what funding sources aren't going to be used:  Private donations, ARPA funds, economic development funds from the city of Lawrence, the list was quite extensive. 

Congrats to KU for getting very creative I suppose, but I can't help but sniff the air and see another Rock Chalk 30, 40, 50 year lease Park situation developing here.

Meanwhile K-State athletics has funded $350 million dollars in facilities projects in 7 years entirely in-house. 

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21927 on: December 19, 2022, 11:54:50 AM »
The conversion of the old football indoor to the new indoor track is looking at a completion date of next fall.   It's going to cost $10 million, and will include a 200 meter banked track.

I also read the notes on Chancellor Girod's report to the Regents on the "11th and Mississippi Project".  Over the years I was lead to believe that all KU had to do was go to a small list of major donors, they in turn would rummage around in their couches and then each hand KU tens of millions of dollars to renovate the football stadium.  If Girod's proposed scope includes the football stadium, the question now is, what funding sources aren't going to be used:  Private donations, ARPA funds, economic development funds from the city of Lawrence, the list was quite extensive. 

Congrats to KU for getting very creative I suppose, but I can't help but sniff the air and see another Rock Chalk 30, 40, 50 year lease Park situation developing here.

Meanwhile K-State athletics has funded $350 million dollars in facilities projects in 7 years entirely in-house.

Is the indoor track going to be a just practice facility or will it be capable of hosting meets?

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21928 on: December 19, 2022, 11:58:45 AM »

Is the indoor track going to be a just practice facility or will it be capable of hosting meets?

If they go through all the renos and it can't host meets, that'll be really disappointing. There are probably less than 25 banked tracks in the entire country - would be nice to be able to host an elite meet every year.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21929 on: December 19, 2022, 12:56:32 PM »
It’s a 200 meter track.  I don’t see why it couldn’t host a meet. 

Hosting indoor meets helps save money on travel and since most of the Natty meets are on banked tracks it should be attractive for teams to come to Kstate.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21930 on: December 19, 2022, 01:37:01 PM »
Assuming it can host meets, at a minimum, we'd be inline to host the Big 12 Championships. Right now, it alternates every year between Tech and ISU. Houston has an indoor track as well, so with them plus our facility, it would mean hosting the Big 12 indoor meet once every four years.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21931 on: December 19, 2022, 02:29:14 PM »

Dax, was looking through KSA financials last week and saw their budget was around 85 mil and their revenue was around 115 mil? Is that accurate?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21932 on: December 19, 2022, 03:46:58 PM »

Dax, was looking through KSA financials last week and saw their budget was around 85 mil and their revenue was around 115 mil? Is that accurate?

$100m in operating revenue or thereabouts and $115m in total revenues counting capital giving.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21933 on: December 19, 2022, 04:22:46 PM »

$100m in operating revenue or thereabouts and $115m in total revenues counting capital giving.

Is this the first time we've gone into the 100m range in revenue? I'm not very educated on the topic but seems like we always hover around the 80mil mark. Beating that by 20 mil seems significant

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21934 on: December 19, 2022, 05:15:47 PM »

Is this the first time we've gone into the 100m range in revenue? I'm not very educated on the topic but seems like we always hover around the 80mil mark. Beating that by 20 mil seems significant

In operating revenues, yes.  Outside of the Covid year, we've been pushing towards $100m in operating revenue for several years. 

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21935 on: February 06, 2023, 06:31:53 PM »
 :Wha: :Wha: :Wha: Rumblings! Saw this on a Facebook fan group. Some guy who claims to be currently talking with Vicki Jones and Gene Taylor. He said we’re expanding because we sold out all last season and with Avery coming in (pairs well with the “what if Avery Johnson is a complete badass” thread) we’ll fill 50,000 easily over the next several years. I hate seeing this thread fall, so let’s bump it back up again. Anyone else hearing similar rumblings?

Copy and pasting some of the things he said.

“10,000 E. side stadium will also be on all new epic 4 upper levels.
Field club / field suites level with lounges.
10,000 bio level, half chair back capacities, half bleachers capacities.
Club level on the third level with open air outdoor club seats and lounges with bar and buffet stations.
Top sky suites level with lounges, recruiting VIP atrium lounge, VIP atrium lounges with bar stations, open buffet stations.

Much more needs to be done with this
Kansas State football stadium to attracting national attention for better opportunities recruiting, attracting new fan bases, new Alumni basis, new epic donor basis!!
An all new Epic 10,000 seat East Side
Stadium with the first time ever "field level suites / field level box seats with lounges.
10,000 seat east side stadium also includes 130 yard line enclosed atrium concourse adding escalators, adding elevators, adding food courts with dining areas, adding fan amenities, adding furniture throughout the main level concourse, adding bar stations, adding restrooms!!“

Hope he’s not full of crap, I need some more construction cameras to refresh every hour at work.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 06:37:49 PM by NickVickandThick »

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21936 on: February 06, 2023, 06:39:51 PM »
Sounds neat, but they lost me at expanding capacity. (If i read that correctly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21937 on: February 06, 2023, 06:47:07 PM »
lol, no chance

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21938 on: February 06, 2023, 06:51:21 PM »
lol, no chance

Kind of my thoughts, but this board is slow, figured I’d ask what if this isn’t the ramblings of a crazy person?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21939 on: February 06, 2023, 06:57:54 PM »
If Gene Taylor attempts to add 10k seats to BSFS he should be fired on the spot.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21940 on: February 06, 2023, 07:02:42 PM »
If Gene Taylor attempts to add 10k seats to BSFS he should be fired on the spot.

Agree. Anyone know how many the current erector set holds? Maybe it’s a direct replacement with a slightly expanded capacity.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21941 on: February 06, 2023, 07:10:49 PM »
Just a matter of time before there's just 50k 360 degree cameras sitting around and the fans each have a vr set on and a generated avatar that overlays reality in the stadium. So you can sit there, look around at other fan avatars watching the game. You're mic'd up in a sense that your neighboring fans can hear you and speakers at the stadium pumps in overall sound value based on fans yelling their rough ridin' asses off for 3rd and 2 in their living room. The players deserve a somewhat real experience. Oh but there will be some theories that some teams artificially amplify the fans volume.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21942 on: February 06, 2023, 07:31:33 PM »
Nobody is expanding their football stadium unless they are woefully underbuilt and have overwhelming demand for tickets and a massive waiting list with deposits down.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21943 on: February 06, 2023, 09:49:35 PM »
4 levels sounds amaze tho

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21944 on: February 06, 2023, 11:00:59 PM »
I selfishly hope they never touch the east side. I have the best non-premium seats in the stadium.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21945 on: February 07, 2023, 10:03:48 AM »
lmao adding another level to the east side.  even if we could sustain 60k (we can't), it would look so wonky. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21946 on: February 07, 2023, 01:05:02 PM »
Demo the east side and mirror the WSC.  Keep the capacity the same or lower it a bit to add more club/suites/outdoor beer drinking areas where you can see the field.
@mikec2w

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21947 on: February 07, 2023, 03:46:01 PM »
Demo the east side and mirror the WSC.  Keep the capacity the same or lower it a bit to add more club/suites/outdoor beer drinking areas where you can see the field.

That's what I'd be ok with, even if it wasn't all press boxy and like tons of small sections/club seating. Make the top section then be your dollar value seats
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21948 on: February 07, 2023, 06:41:50 PM »
Just a matter of time before there's just 50k 360 degree cameras sitting around and the fans each have a vr set on and a generated avatar that overlays reality in the stadium. So you can sit there, look around at other fan avatars watching the game. You're mic'd up in a sense that your neighboring fans can hear you and speakers at the stadium pumps in overall sound value based on fans yelling their rough ridin' asses off for 3rd and 2 in their living room. The players deserve a somewhat real experience. Oh but there will be some theories that some teams artificially amplify the fans volume.

Do you realize the AD makes two to three times the profit over ticket sales on concessions, amenities, and
miscellaneous products per game?  It would be stupid to reduce asses in seats as that's where a major source of AD income comes from.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21949 on: February 07, 2023, 07:20:51 PM »
We spent enough on facilities it’s time to start plowing it into coaching salaries
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best