Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3916632 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21800 on: August 31, 2022, 12:11:36 PM »
It needed to be built and was put exactly where it should have been. I walked around it the other day. Can’t wait for it to be finished.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21801 on: August 31, 2022, 12:36:18 PM »
I'm super confused as to how someone can look at that picture and think that facility could go anywhere else other than where it is.

Originally they had it at the north end of the parking with the outdoor practice field between the indoor & Vanier.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21802 on: August 31, 2022, 12:40:07 PM »
I'd have liked it in a spot where it can be connected in some way, even via tunnel, to the indoor vanier building so that there isn't an outdoor component to going between the indoor vanier building and the indoor practice building.

Almost entirely unrelated, if there was a thought that the location the practice building was put in would solve the perceived problem of having an ugly back side to the east stadium piece, it looks like there would need to be a different or additional solution to that problem.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21803 on: August 31, 2022, 12:49:04 PM »
I'd have liked it in a spot where it can be connected in some way, even via tunnel, to the indoor vanier building so that there isn't an outdoor component to going between the indoor vanier building and the indoor practice building.

Almost entirely unrelated, if there was a thought that the location the practice building was put in would solve the perceived problem of having an ugly back side to the east stadium piece, it looks like there would need to be a different or additional solution to that problem.

I doubt hiding the ugly back side was part of the reason to put it there but as long as you aren’t in a helicopter, it serves that purpose decently well. 

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21804 on: August 31, 2022, 01:32:47 PM »
I still think they need to connect the east side to the practice facility in some way, and enclose the entire east concourse.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21805 on: August 31, 2022, 01:44:29 PM »
I still think they need to connect the east side to the practice facility in some way, and enclose the entire east concourse.

Yeah I was just thinking that too. Build something from the corners of the practice facility building all the way to the corners of the stadium seating structure and "enclose" it that way. Not sure what to put in there but that would make it look seamless.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21806 on: August 31, 2022, 01:56:25 PM »

Yeah I was just thinking that too. Build something from the corners of the practice facility building all the way to the corners of the stadium seating structure and "enclose" it that way. Not sure what to put in there but that would make it look seamless.

do like a football HoF or something.

I know some schools have put in classrooms at their stadiums for kinesiology and sports science type stuff.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21807 on: August 31, 2022, 02:01:55 PM »
Could easily improve the appearance by wrapping the NE corner of the east side up to the stairwell with a similar treatment as on the PF.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21808 on: August 31, 2022, 02:19:31 PM »

do like a football HoF or something.

I know some schools have put in classrooms at their stadiums for kinesiology and sports science type stuff.

Build it out to look like the WSC, but you know, not needing an entire façade, but still "fill it in" and then yeah, whether it's a HOF area, class space, w/e, do that.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21809 on: August 31, 2022, 02:40:17 PM »
Enclose the east side stadium to the new indoor practice facility.  Build a limestone entrance on the south end and use enclosed space for concessions and a safe storm shelter for rain/lightning delays.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21810 on: August 31, 2022, 03:27:18 PM »
The dev was 20 years old. Vanier was dozed just a few years after it was renovated. The east side is now 25 years old and we keep changing the furniture to try to bring it up to date.

Bring back oscar to implode the east side, and build something new before you do any long term connection to the practice facility.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21811 on: August 31, 2022, 03:30:20 PM »
how rich have we become that we are complaining about placement of hot ass facilities? it's great to be the kings :kstategrad:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21812 on: August 31, 2022, 03:42:21 PM »
The dev was 20 years old. Vanier was dozed just a few years after it was renovated. The east side is now 25 years old and we keep changing the furniture to try to bring it up to date.

Bring back oscar to implode the east side, and build something new before you do any long term connection to the practice facility.

No idea how much was spent on the east side back in the day, but to tear it off and build a new, nicer east side with an enclosed concourse etc would probably cost 75+ million? Not sure if there's much appetite to spend that kind of cash, especially after just spending 125 million on volleyball/olympic sports/south endzone/practice facility.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21813 on: August 31, 2022, 03:51:04 PM »

No idea how much was spent on the east side back in the day, but to tear it off and build a new, nicer east side with an enclosed concourse etc would probably cost 75+ million? Not sure if there's much appetite to spend that kind of cash, especially after just spending 125 million on volleyball/olympic sports/south endzone/practice facility.

$12.8 million... Urick was such a loser. Weiser too.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/LongFormArticle/Kansas-State-football-Bill-Snyder-Family-Stadium-continues-to-go-through-facelifts-over-its-storied-history--146203586/#146203586_8

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21814 on: August 31, 2022, 03:52:57 PM »

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/LongFormArticle/Kansas-State-football-Bill-Snyder-Family-Stadium-continues-to-go-through-facelifts-over-its-storied-history--146203586/#146203586_8

wow even for `98 that's such an insanely low number.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21815 on: August 31, 2022, 04:42:24 PM »

wow even for `98 that's such an insanely low number.

And at the absolute peak of enthusiasm for the program too.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21816 on: September 01, 2022, 01:28:41 AM »
I'm super confused as to how someone can look at that picture and think that facility could go anywhere else other than where it is.

Originally they had it at the north end of the parking with the outdoor practice field between the indoor & Vanier.

The first mock ups, yes, but those drawings were done before the site work was done. They were just used to get the money started. That placement would have been a disaster for two reasons, one trivial and one logistical.

The trivial reason is if they put it there, it would have ended up partially covering up the east side stand. I can't imagine the teeth gnashing of the skin bens and trims of the fan base if only the north 30 yards of the east stands were covered.

The practical reason for not putting it in that corner is the east lot would have lost an entrance, that would be an abject disaster for the lines getting in and out of that lot to take 25% longer than it already does.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21817 on: September 01, 2022, 06:58:56 AM »
Max Urick couldn’t sell a pitcher of ice water to a person dying of thirst.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21818 on: September 01, 2022, 08:41:49 AM »
52 hours until I pull into my hot ass new reserved spot. Further out but who wants to be by those old ballz anyways, I'm sure all the fun cats will be out in E4.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21819 on: September 01, 2022, 08:58:52 AM »
I'm going to be parking in the same spot I've always parked. Which will now be around the 35 yard line of the outdoor practice field.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21820 on: September 01, 2022, 09:01:58 AM »

The first mock ups, yes, but those drawings were done before the site work was done. They were just used to get the money started. That placement would have been a disaster for two reasons, one trivial and one logistical.

The trivial reason is if they put it there, it would have ended up partially covering up the east side stand. I can't imagine the teeth gnashing of the skin bens and trims of the fan base if only the north 30 yards of the east stands were covered.

The practical reason for not putting it in that corner is the east lot would have lost an entrance, that would be an abject disaster for the lines getting in and out of that lot to take 25% longer than it already does.

There's also some significant elevation changes as soon as you get north of the east side, which I'm assuming would have made the infrastructure incredibly expensive (If I'm remembering right, I think that plan had a parking garage or some crap with the outdoor practice field on top of it?)

Offline farming_cat fan

• Fan
  • Feeding the World
    • View Profile
« Reply #21821 on: September 02, 2022, 11:30:09 PM »

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Online PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21822 on: September 04, 2022, 11:13:11 AM »
Not the best but a couple pics from yesterday

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21823 on: September 04, 2022, 11:21:20 AM »
But still appreciated, the second pic makes it look huge
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21824 on: September 04, 2022, 11:29:29 AM »
They have some construction stuff right next to our stalls. It’ll be cleaned up next year, so whatever. I’m on the far end of E3. They painted lines behind our spot for an aisle, but that last lane up to the curb is wider than it needs to be. We were all setting up 3 feet into the lane beyond the painted line & trucks still had plenty of room. All-in-all, I’m pretty happy.

The best part is the permanent structure for the metal detectors. They added more. I walked up 12 minutes before kickoff & 4 of them had no one in line. I never broke stride until I was passed them getting my ticket scanned.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls