Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3993734 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21750 on: August 10, 2022, 11:36:05 PM »
The capacity is perfect. Even in our volleyball zenith of the late 90's early 2000's we had crowds over 3000 maybe once or twice a year, those are a lot more rare with Nebraska leaving the Big 12. In fact, I bet we've had less than 6 regular season games in the history of the program with over 3000 fans that didn't involve Nebraska, Kansas, or Texas.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21751 on: August 11, 2022, 02:23:40 AM »
That a pretty awesome looking gym. That would be a phenomenal hs bb gym.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21752 on: August 11, 2022, 08:36:42 AM »
Honest question, what's the trajectory of the volleyball program w/ Fritz? First tourney appearance in a while last year. Did that buy her more time going into the new facility?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #21753 on: August 11, 2022, 08:52:25 AM »
Purple Pit Purple Pit Purple Pit Purple Pit Purple Pit Purple Pit Purple Pit

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21754 on: August 11, 2022, 10:44:46 AM »
Honest question, what's the trajectory of the volleyball program w/ Fritz? First tourney appearance in a while last year. Did that buy her more time going into the new facility?

She has who is probably a top 5 player in the history of the program as a junior with three years of eligibility left. The conference is tough, but she has underachieved, even last year. The program has had issues with stability, loads of transfers every year. We'll have a freshman setter this year, and that isn't great, but she's should be a pretty good freshman. Even with Aliyah Carter, I think the program has gotten very stale. The unquestioned player in program history, Dawn Sullivan is the head coach at UNLV and in two seasons, she's already the best coach in the history of their program. I don't know what Gene is going to do but imagine while oscar Weber was oscar Webering, Jacob Pullen was coaching Southern Mississippi to their best seasons in program history, that's where the volleyball program is now.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21755 on: August 11, 2022, 12:11:46 PM »

She has who is probably a top 5 player in the history of the program as a junior with three years of eligibility left. The conference is tough, but she has underachieved, even last year. The program has had issues with stability, loads of transfers every year. We'll have a freshman setter this year, and that isn't great, but she's should be a pretty good freshman. Even with Aliyah Carter, I think the program has gotten very stale. The unquestioned player in program history, Dawn Sullivan is the head coach at UNLV and in two seasons, she's already the best coach in the history of their program. I don't know what Gene is going to do but imagine while oscar Weber was oscar Webering, Jacob Pullen was coaching Southern Mississippi to their best seasons in program history, that's where the volleyball program is now.

Frankly, she should have been let go at least 2-3 years ago. But, now she's going to have a shiny new facility and zero excuses when she can't pull players from her backyard, which is one of the better volleyball recruiting areas/regions in the country. If Gene gives her more than a couple more years with losing records/non-NCAA appearances (knowing that Sullivan is out there and served as an assistant at a much better ISU program for 15 years), he's crazy. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21756 on: August 11, 2022, 12:16:38 PM »
Purple Pit Purple Pit Purple Pit Purple Pit Purple Pit Purple Pit Purple Pit

Rectangle of doom?

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21757 on: August 18, 2022, 10:36:28 AM »
How many parking spots had to give their lives for this monstrosity
https://twitter.com/DScottFritchen/status/1560286436716322818?s=20&t=wqXgvt3KvOtkGQSvIRI7yQ

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21758 on: August 18, 2022, 04:21:29 PM »
I'll never get putting it there.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21759 on: August 18, 2022, 04:30:09 PM »
Phil, where would you have put it?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21760 on: August 18, 2022, 07:08:25 PM »
If you say across Kimball, I'll find where you are and serve you these hands.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21761 on: August 18, 2022, 09:10:57 PM »
LOL

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21762 on: August 18, 2022, 09:38:43 PM »
They put it exactly where they should have and it will look great. Rip to the 32 people who will have to park somewhere slightly different 7 days a year.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21763 on: August 19, 2022, 09:45:00 AM »
They put it exactly where they should have and it will look great. Rip to the 32 people who will have to park somewhere slightly different 7 days a year.

It seriously looks amazing in person. It's going to be awesome.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21765 on: August 19, 2022, 09:59:03 AM »
I mean, the big 10 just got a big media deal, might as well spend that $$$$$$
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21766 on: August 19, 2022, 10:37:57 AM »
Their current facilities are ass

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21767 on: August 19, 2022, 11:06:21 AM »
The $32 million that K-State is spending on the newest indoor facility makes it one of the most expensive indoor facilities ever built in college athletics.  But, part of that was driven by higher costs of material and labor, but the point still remains.  Even though there's going to be things like a parking garages, $300 million??   :surprised:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21768 on: August 19, 2022, 11:21:32 AM »
The $32 million that K-State is spending on the newest indoor facility makes it one of the most expensive indoor facilities ever built in college athletics.  But, part of that was driven by higher costs of material and labor, but the point still remains.  Even though there's going to be things like a parking garages, $300 million??   :surprised:

Looks like it’s completely new offices, Wright room, locker room, and indoor facility. Along with the underground parking. Can’t remember what kstate spent on Vanier 2.0, but with todays construction dollars if we added indoor+ vanier together it’s probably close to 150 mil?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21769 on: August 19, 2022, 01:10:09 PM »

If you want it close to the stadium which I have no idea why you need it, I would have backed it towards the back of that lot.  It feels claustrophobic between the stadium and the PF the way it looks now.

I like my stadiums pure, not some morton building hanging off of them

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21770 on: August 19, 2022, 01:44:47 PM »

If you want it close to the stadium which I have no idea why you need it, I would have backed it towards the back of that lot.  It feels claustrophobic between the stadium and the PF the way it looks now.

The back of the East side isn't exactly the front cover of Architectural Digest. 

I do wish they would have kept the side windows, but overall it's going to be an improvement aesthetics wise.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21771 on: August 19, 2022, 01:54:05 PM »
It's a beaut.. thank goodness dylan phillips doesn't still play for the batcats or the purple pit couldve been rocked by some bombs from him

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21772 on: August 19, 2022, 02:15:22 PM »

The back of the East side isn't exactly the front cover of Architectural Digest. 

I do wish they would have kept the side windows, but overall it's going to be an improvement aesthetics wise.

good point but the better answer would be to beautify it not just hide it with this thing.  I'm sure it will be all good and fine that's just my feel for it having not been there in person. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21773 on: August 19, 2022, 03:04:19 PM »
 :Lurk:
It's a beaut.. thank goodness dylan phillips doesn't still play for the batcats or the purple pit couldve been rocked by some bombs from him

Goood point. The rectangle of doom definitely might have turned into pentagon of doom with a hard enough dp blast.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21774 on: August 21, 2022, 01:58:04 PM »
Over $20 million in operational giving to the Ahearn Fund in FY 2021, $42 million in total cash giving and $58 million total giving to the department last year cash/pledged.

:kstategrad: