Author Topic: St. John's Omari Lawrence transferring to K-State?  (Read 85438 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: St. John's Omari Lawrence transferring to K-State?
« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2010, 08:30:01 PM »
We all can agree that getting a former kinda high level player to walk on a season in the state of Kansas is a pretty elite feeling though, right?

in the abstract maybe.  just feels horrible though, losing the '11.

The '11 is just as open as it's always been.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 07, 2010, 08:31:46 PM »
We all can agree that getting a former kinda high level player to walk on a season in the state of Kansas is a pretty elite feeling though, right?

Particularly when you consider the story about him (allegedly) just sending his release letter before anyone on the staff had even talked to him.  

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 07, 2010, 08:38:32 PM »

sure it is benja.   :cry:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 07, 2010, 08:40:22 PM »
BTW...does this mean the staff looks at Southwell as a guard?  I mean really...not in a "well I'll give you a shot at it, but in all likelyhood you'll never see the floor unless it's at forward" ?  Or is this more of a sign that McGruder's a 2?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 07, 2010, 08:40:58 PM »
@youngo11 will b the next Wesley Johnson in 2012 &  @D_Hardy_12 & @33brainwilliams  names will be called in the 2011

trying to stay positive.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 07, 2010, 08:42:45 PM »
BTW...does this mean the staff looks at Southwell as a guard?  I mean really...not in a "well I'll give you a shot at it, but in all likelyhood you'll never see the floor unless it's at forward" ?  Or is this more of a sign that McGruder's a 2?

who knows.  it's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) all the way around.  martin probably believes his own spin about how ku and ut have long players on the perimeter, and that's why they're good.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 07, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »

sure it is benja.   :cry:

don't worry dude. omari is like that chick you dial at like 4:12 in the damn morning,  you know that last resort, sure thing chick? that's omari.

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 07, 2010, 09:00:05 PM »
austin_meek

From what I gather from his Twitter page, Omari Lawrence didn't answer my call because he's watching Half Baked.
:bigtoke:
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 07, 2010, 09:00:56 PM »
a lot of people are going to feel pretty dumb when they are loving all over omari in a couple of years.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 07, 2010, 09:03:27 PM »
austin_meek

From what I gather from his Twitter page, Omari Lawrence didn't answer my call because he's watching Half Baked.
:bigtoke:

It's currently on BET at the moment.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 07, 2010, 09:04:26 PM »
a lot of people are going to feel pretty dumb when they are loving all over omari in a couple of years.

i don't really see a downside. if he gets in shape and earns a spot, cool. if not, we don't owe him anything.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 07, 2010, 09:07:34 PM »

i don't really see a downside. if he gets in shape and earns a spot, cool. if not, we don't owe him anything.

Exactly....e.g. this quote from Cassidy's article

"Coach Martin talked to me about what it's going to take on the phone today," Lawrence said. "Now, it's just about me working hard and being ready to compete when I get there."

Following a high school career that spanned two schools before coming to a close in 2009, Lawrence, a highly recruited high school commodity, committed to the Red Storm over offers from Georgetown, Clemson, Auburn, Arizona, Memphis Pittsburgh and Xavier.

A highly rated guy comes in and it's on HIM to EARN a scholarship.  In a rare situation, I disagree with Sys on this....this appears to be a very good thing.

HOWEVER, if we end up living up to our pre-season ranking this year, then we'll likely be able to get in on some highly rated '11 guys in the later period next spring....and then Sys may well be correct that we will be wanting more open spots (wonderful problem to have).

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 07, 2010, 09:13:22 PM »

"Coach Martin talked to me about what it's going to take on the phone today," Lawrence said. "Now, it's just about me working hard and being ready to compete when I get there."

Following a high school career that spanned two schools before coming to a close in 2009, Lawrence, a highly recruited high school commodity, committed to the Red Storm over offers from Georgetown, Clemson, Auburn, Arizona, Memphis Pittsburgh and Xavier.

A highly rated guy comes in and it's on HIM to EARN a scholarship.  In a rare situation, I disagree with Sys on this....this appears to be a very good thing.

HOWEVER, if we end up living up to our pre-season ranking this year, then we'll likely be able to get in on some highly rated '11 guys in the later period next spring....and then Sys may well be correct that we will be wanting more open spots (wonderful problem to have).

i don't think sys is anti this. i just thinks he likes to follow recruiting so much that it just sucks for him cause it is going to take future fun away from him. getting future fun taken away sucks.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #438 on: July 07, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »
from a profile angle he looks a lot like real from love of money

Omari you stallionaire. is that how you are paying for schooling?

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM »
I don't have a problem with Omari.  My concern is that we still need 2 guards and a big this Spring and we're now likely only going to sign one player.  meanwhile, we now have 3 freshman small forwards.  If we oversign I'm  :gocho: but I don't think it's going to happen. :gocho:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 07, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »

i don't think sys is anti this. i just thinks he likes to follow recruiting so much that it just sucks for him cause it is going to take future fun away from him. getting future fun taken away sucks.

i understand but i'm trying to tell him there's future fun still to be had. even if he's in pretty good shape, i bet we look at all our options.

i mean we're basically mailing him a p 90x tape and telling him to call us when he's good again. meanwhile we're shopping around. we're playing with the houses money here.

Lawrence said the K-State coaching staff is already in the process of putting together a home-workout program for him to complete before his move, a program he had been aware of since his visit to the school's campus a month ago.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 07, 2010, 09:34:13 PM »
BTW...does this mean the staff looks at Southwell as a guard?  I mean really...not in a "well I'll give you a shot at it, but in all likelyhood you'll never see the floor unless it's at forward" ?  Or is this more of a sign that McGruder's a 2?

who knows.  it's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) all the way around.  martin probably believes his own spin about how ku and ut have long players on the perimeter, and that's why they're good.

that's been my spin for years and i still believe it to be huge.  i love long guards on the perimeter.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 07, 2010, 09:43:10 PM »
 :D

That rascal, dprocket, over there realing 'em in again. 

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 07, 2010, 09:46:02 PM »
:D

That rascal, dprocket, over there realing 'em in again. 

Whoopsidoodle! 

This message is no longer in our system.

LOL, looks like the new guy mod over at GPC is just another in the long line of victims!

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 07, 2010, 10:20:21 PM »
What was his original post?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 07, 2010, 10:55:05 PM »
I don't get why everyone is so down about losing the '11 scholarship. Omari has no guarantees that it will go to him, and even if it does, Frank has shown that he is more than willing to run someone off of his team if he needs to make room for a better recruit.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 07, 2010, 10:57:31 PM »
What was his original post?

Yeah, I missed it too.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 07, 2010, 11:02:18 PM »
isn't there an EMAWgasm that posts here? he's getting murdered over there

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 07, 2010, 11:21:06 PM »
I don't get why everyone is so down about losing the '11 scholarship. Omari has no guarantees that it will go to him, and even if it does, Frank has shown that he is more than willing to run someone off of his team if he needs to make room for a better recruit.

As long as Omari "works hard" and is "a good fit," he'll get the scholarship, just like Energy did. Frank's loyal.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 07, 2010, 11:37:51 PM »

As long as Omari "works hard" and is "a good fit," he'll get the scholarship, just like Energy did. Frank's loyal.

Indeed.  There is no way he would ever run anybody off.