Author Topic: why not Jim?  (Read 19832 times)

catzacker

Re: why not Jim?
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2010, 12:52:37 PM »
hey dipsh*ts, it doesn't matter if you get tyson hartman aligned correctly
Point taken, but he did better last year with presumably equal athletic ability. But anyway, I think it's fair to say that we all want a new DC that isn't just an X's and O's guy, but also a recruiter. As much as I'm pissed at Snyder, he made our offense fairly effective with the worst BCS starting QB in the country, a decent/good RB, and an average line. Get a DC that can at least get middle of the road BCS talent on that side of the ball and know how to coach them on top of that, and we'll be at least an 8 win team for as long as Snyder and said imaginary DC is here. Not great, but I'll take it over what we have now. I'm ok with starting from scratch, but what coach that is worth a cac is going to come here now? We might  be able to get an up and comer or a coordinator with a good background if we can get to a 8-9 win team.

i think it's fair to say that I want a new head coach, who will fill the staff with non-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) coaches who can recruit.  that's pretty much the solution.  everything else is fingering dykes or something.
Might as well ask for the moon while you're at it.

Prince actually showed how easy it is to do.  With a few tweaks (i.e. more Texas recruiting ties) it would have been fantastic.

this.  and I'll even give prince moral victories for coming close to getting McGriff and McNeil. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2010, 08:28:04 PM »
Hiring a new defensive coordinator is like buying a nicer captains' chair for the titanic the day before her maiden voyage.   the only benefit from hiring JL, is that he might recruit better than cosh.  until snyder is dead/fired, the only conversation should be "how do we get the roster better for the next coach". not "I think so and so is a better dc than cosh".  hey dipsh*ts, it doesn't matter if you get tyson hartman aligned correctly, he sucks. 

So, keep the horrible captain's chairs that have wire sticking out of them and smell like a wet dog?  Even when we have option of drowning in comfort?

Not me.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2010, 10:52:59 PM »
Point taken, but he did better last year with presumably equal athletic ability. But anyway, I think it's fair to say that we all want a new DC that isn't just an X's and O's guy, but also a recruiter. As much as I'm pissed at Snyder, he made our offense fairly effective with the worst BCS starting QB in the country, a decent/good RB, and an average line. Get a DC that can at least get middle of the road BCS talent on that side of the ball and know how to coach them on top of that, and we'll be at least an 8 win team for as long as Snyder and said imaginary DC is here. Not great, but I'll take it over what we have now. I'm ok with starting from scratch, but what coach that is worth a cac is going to come here now? We might  be able to get an up and comer or a coordinator with a good background if we can get to a 8-9 win team.

i think it's fair to say that I want a new head coach, who will fill the staff with non-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) coaches who can recruit.  that's pretty much the solution.  everything else is fingering dykes or something.

Prince actually showed how easy it is to do.  With a few tweaks (i.e. more Texas recruiting ties) it would have been fantastic.

this.  and I'll even give prince moral victories for coming close to getting McGriff and McNeil. 
I know right. And Wooly almost turned the corner.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2010, 11:45:27 PM »

You live in a fantasy world.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2011, 01:08:48 AM »
Prince tards coming out again. Warren Ruggerio, QB genius.

catzacker

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2011, 09:01:48 AM »

we're talking about getting good coaches.  it's not that hard.  also, Ron and Bill2.0 have gone to the same amount of bowl games.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2011, 09:08:26 AM »
As it stands today, we are no better off than we were with ron.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2011, 09:09:20 AM »

we're talking about getting good coaches.  it's not that hard.  also, Ron and Bill2.0 have gone to the same amount of bowl games.
accept for the fact they are trending in opposite directions.  nice logical fallacy.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2011, 09:10:37 AM »
this is one of the dumbest statements ever posted on goEMAW.com, congratulations.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

catzacker

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2011, 09:17:34 AM »
what f'ing trend are you talking about?  

04 2-6
05 2-6
06 4-4
07 3-5
08 2-6
09 4-4
10 3-5

jfc.  a trend of mediocrity.  and the league was just awful this year.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2011, 09:18:19 AM »
this is one of the dumbest statements ever posted on goEMAW.com, congratulations.

It really isn't
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2011, 09:44:57 AM »
what f'ing trend are you talking about?  

04 2-6
05 2-6
06 4-4
07 3-5
08 2-6
09 4-4
10 3-5

jfc.  a trend of mediocrity.  and the league was just awful this year.
jfc you people are just so blinded by your illogical hate of Snyder that you can't even imagine real facts. 

Bill one year back with crap left for him competes for the north>>>>>>>>Prince with better players left to him pissing down leg
Bill second year going to bowl game, doesn't lose north hopes till late in the season>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>killed team successfully by 2nd year, no hope of bowl or north, can't beat 3 north rivals

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2011, 10:00:34 AM »
Bill one year back with crap left for him competes for the north>>>>>>>>Prince with better players left to him pissing down leg

4-4 = 4-4.  And Prince had better players (Freeman, Johnson) because he recruited them.  (Of course, he recruited DT, who saved Bill's ass.)

Bill second year going to bowl game, doesn't lose north hopes till late in the season>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>killed team successfully by 2nd year, no hope of bowl or north, can't beat 3 north rivals

3-5 =============================================== 3-5

You're struggling to look for progress, and can't find it, so you add rivals and declare our record against them to be a significant factor.  Face it.  LHC Bill Snyder currently sucks at coaching football.

catzacker

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2011, 10:29:49 AM »
Bill one year back with cac left for him competes for the north>>>>>>>>Prince with better players left to him pissing down leg

4-4 = 4-4.  And Prince had better players (Freeman, Johnson) because he recruited them.  (Of course, he recruited DT, who saved Bill's ass.)

3-5 =============================================== 3-5

You're struggling to look for progress, and can't find it, so you add rivals and declare our record against them to be a significant factor.  Face it.  LHC Bill Snyder currently sucks at coaching football.

somehow people overrate the roster prince was left with.  i mean, how terrible does it have to be when it can only go 2-6 and 2-6 in the two years after that roster had enough talent to win the big 12.

I mean, in ron's first two seasons he went 4-4 and 3-5 in conference....same as snyds.  In ron's first two seasons, the offense made strides while the defense got worse.....same as snyds. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »
You are what your record says you are . . . Bill Parcells

Since we aren't going to get a new coach, the next best thing is that we have to get a new DC, we simply have to.   You can talk all you want about our talent (coaches job to recruit better talent) and injuries, but look at how the Cuse scored and moved the ball.   Terrible reads, bad pursuit angles, alignments that just invited them to blow open holes . . . that has nothing to do with talent and injuries and everything to do with coaching.  

If not Snyder at least Cosh, and probably the entire defensive staff, with an exception of maybe Burns has to go.  

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2011, 10:33:26 AM »

Maybe, maybe not. Using RP as an example is re-rough ridin'-tarded. He got, what, maybe 2 good coaches? They left promptly and were replaced with crap. Assuming we can just pull in some quality head coach that can pull in good coordinators and lower level coaches who can recruit well is a lofty goal when you're a program that is historically bad and is currently an average team (at best).
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

catzacker

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2011, 10:37:01 AM »
if ron's a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), like everyone says, then it takes a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to get two good coaches on your staff.  so what in the hell does that make bill since '04?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2011, 10:42:58 AM »
if ron's a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), like everyone says, then it takes a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to get two good coaches on your staff.  so what in the hell does that make bill since '04?
Is it not painfully obvious that RP was more lucky than good? Nobody can keep replenishing coaches with future NFL HCs, but you'd think if he was even half as good as you're implying, he surely could have plucked somebody from somewhere other than that lazy eyed gem from some DIII school.

catzacker

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2011, 10:44:29 AM »
Is it not painfully obvious that RP was more lucky than good? Nobody can keep replenishing coaches with future NFL HCs, but you'd think if he was even half as good as you're implying, he surely could have plucked somebody from somewhere other than that lazy eyed gem from some DIII school.

the point isn't that ron was good, it was that even alleged retards can get good coaches.  so bill isn't "lucky" anymore?  he just flat out sucks?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »
I just don't want JL as HCIW.  If he comes as DC, never being HC at KSU should be a term of his contract.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2011, 10:47:39 AM »
Do we have any options besides RP and OBz?  

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »

the point isn't that ron was good, it was that even alleged retards can get good coaches.  so bill isn't "lucky" anymore?  he just flat out sucks?
First, I don't want you to construe my comments as being apologetic for Snyder. I wasn't too happy about gettin' the gang back together. I did like him hiring Koenig, Dickey, and that guy that left before he got here as OC. So it's not as if he didn't bring in some new/good blood, but like Prince, he couldn't retain them or replace with high quality guys. Still though, as far as Snyder is concerned, I think we're just a good DC from being a respectable program again. A program that might be able to attract someone that we all want.

No matter what you say, Snyder did work magic on our very limited offense this year, so he's not completely devoid of coaching ability. If he can't fire Cosh and get someone in here that will recruit better and coach a good game plan, I'll be completely off the bandwagon. I wouldn't even say that I'm on the bandwagon now, but I'm not sure our options are real bright, and I'm willing to stay content IF Cosh is unmercifully fired. I don't even want that cancer handing out towels in the locker room.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2011, 10:56:19 AM »

As much as the Tards dispute this, I think Bill still has a 1992 mindset in evaluating talent.  Back then, outworking the other guy went a long way, both as a player and a coach.  High motor guys could be all conference.  Film room warrior coaches could win on Saturdays.

It isn't true anymore.  Everyone is high motor and a film room warrior.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »
I wouldn't even say that I'm on the bandwagon now, but I'm not sure our options are real bright, and I'm willing to stay content IF Cosh is unmercifully fired.

Our options will never be "real bright" at KSU.  I don't know what kind of coach you think rough ridin' around with Snyder for a few more years will get us that we couldn't get right now.  And when the most batshit crazy coach in history matches our legend's record, we might as well take another risk.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2011, 11:07:41 AM »
I wouldn't even say that I'm on the bandwagon now, but I'm not sure our options are real bright, and I'm willing to stay content IF Cosh is unmercifully fired.

Our options will never be "real bright" at KSU.  I don't know what kind of coach you think effing around with Snyder for a few more years will get us that we couldn't get right now.  And when the most batcac crazy coach in history matches our legend's record, we might as well take another risk.

I guess we should just stand pat until Snyder is terminated then.  Cool, lock thread mods.