Author Topic: why not Jim?  (Read 19829 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
why not Jim?
« on: December 30, 2010, 11:08:57 PM »
Seems like a lot of people don't want Jim because he would be a "Snyder guy" rather then fresh blood.  Is that right?  Seems to me like he would be a good hire as a potential HCIW.  Currie could frame it as brining back DOD coaching that old money would love, he is an enthusiastic coach and pretty hardcore.  I don't see a down side with him.  Is the argument that he didn't win big enough at USF?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: why not Jim?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 11:12:29 PM »
He is coming.  I believe.  And I want him more than I want a 3 way with the ghost of a young Anna Nicole and the 19 year old Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 11:23:37 PM »
Any evidence to back up you belief he is coming... cause that would be awesome.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »
He is coming.  I believe.  And I want him more than I want a 3 way with the ghost of a young Anna Nicole and the 19 year old Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Now this is just crazy talk. Him or the above scenario - SHlT, that's tough, boys - that's tough.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »
I ask myself the same question. Then I'm reminded that he coached in Florida and probably never wants to leave.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 11:31:41 PM »
The MOST important point in the "pro" column for Jim is that he's literally, not figuratively, the best we can possibly get.   Who would want this rough ridin' thing. 

If Snyder were willing to be like every single other coach in the NCAA and get rid of crap AC's, I'd be in favor of keeping Snyder.  But, that's not the world we live in....

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 03:24:01 AM »
You guys obviously have Hoiberg envy and are going to hire Michael Bishop as your next head football coach. He will then hire Jim Leavitt as his DC.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 03:38:51 AM »
You guys obviously have Hoiberg envy and are going to hire Michael Bishop as your next head football coach. He will then hire Jim Leavitt as his DC.
AMAZING idea!  :lynchmob:  :cheers:  :excited:

maybe even hire Ell Roberson as a OC?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 06:57:29 AM »
There's a lot of optimism in this thread. Snyder won't fire Cosh.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 09:12:10 AM »

We are talking about Jim Harbaugh here, right guys? 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 09:48:05 AM »
There's a lot of optimism in this thread. Snyder won't fire Cosh.

Being Serious...
Snyder doesn't have to fire cosh.  Rahne quit.  He could easily make Dimel the RB/TE coach and hire some dude to be co-defensive coordinator and demote Cosh without completely and obviously broadcasting it, saving face for Cosh.

Hire a guy like Leavitt and say that you had to make him a coordinator or he wouldn't come.  Therefore, Chris graciously agreed to share the title and duties for the good of the team.

I'm just sayin'.  There are options.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 09:59:16 AM »
I don't like it because Leavitt's awfully mediocre for a "damaged goods" coach.  Also, what's the point of HCIW?  Some Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) favor to Snyder?  If you're going to do it, just make Leavitt HC.  I don't want a smooth transition from the piece of crap program we have now, I want to cut as many ties as possible and start from scratch. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 10:02:52 AM »
I don't like it because Leavitt's awfully mediocre for a "damaged goods" coach.  Also, what's the point of HCIW?  Some Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) favor to Snyder?  If you're going to do it, just make Leavitt HC.  I don't want a smooth transition from the piece of cac program we have now, I want to cut as many ties as possible and start from scratch. 

I am not sure there are too many more or other ways to say "KSU isn't going to fire Snyder now"?

I

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 10:07:26 AM »
Would love to see Currie's "note cards in the desk drawer" on who he's got his eyes on.

Or . . . he probably doesn't have any.

:frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 10:08:41 AM »
Oh yeah . . . when my brother says we need a new coach, the Rubicon has officially been crossed, might as well burn the boats Currie.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 10:16:09 AM »
 :drool: < Currie knowing he's getting ever closer to getting to hire a FB coach

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 10:18:50 AM »
I don't like it because Leavitt's awfully mediocre for a "damaged goods" coach.  Also, what's the point of HCIW?  Some Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) favor to Snyder?  If you're going to do it, just make Leavitt HC.  I don't want a smooth transition from the piece of cac program we have now, I want to cut as many ties as possible and start from scratch.  

I am not sure there are too many more or other ways to say "KSU isn't going to fire Snyder now"?

I

Then I don't want Leavitt because I don't think he will make much of a difference.  Give me a young DC that recruits Texas like crazy instead.  Leavitt might help with schemes or whatever, but I don't think he will give us a shot in the arm with recruiting, which is the bigger problem.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »
Big East coaches love field goals.

catzacker

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 10:50:12 AM »
Hiring a new defensive coordinator is like buying a nicer captains' chair for the titanic the day before her maiden voyage.   the only benefit from hiring JL, is that he might recruit better than cosh.  until snyder is dead/fired, the only conversation should be "how do we get the roster better for the next coach". not "I think so and so is a better dc than cosh".  hey dipsh*ts, it doesn't matter if you get tyson hartman aligned correctly, he sucks. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 10:57:21 AM »
hey dipsh*ts, it doesn't matter if you get tyson hartman aligned correctly

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 11:05:52 AM »
Point taken, but he did better last year with presumably equal athletic ability. But anyway, I think it's fair to say that we all want a new DC that isn't just an X's and O's guy, but also a recruiter. As much as I'm pissed at Snyder, he made our offense fairly effective with the worst BCS starting QB in the country, a decent/good RB, and an average line. Get a DC that can at least get middle of the road BCS talent on that side of the ball and know how to coach them on top of that, and we'll be at least an 8 win team for as long as Snyder and said imaginary DC is here. Not great, but I'll take it over what we have now. I'm ok with starting from scratch, but what coach that is worth a crap is going to come here now? We might  be able to get an up and comer or a coordinator with a good background if we can get to a 8-9 win team.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

catzacker

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 11:08:03 AM »
Point taken, but he did better last year with presumably equal athletic ability. But anyway, I think it's fair to say that we all want a new DC that isn't just an X's and O's guy, but also a recruiter. As much as I'm pissed at Snyder, he made our offense fairly effective with the worst BCS starting QB in the country, a decent/good RB, and an average line. Get a DC that can at least get middle of the road BCS talent on that side of the ball and know how to coach them on top of that, and we'll be at least an 8 win team for as long as Snyder and said imaginary DC is here. Not great, but I'll take it over what we have now. I'm ok with starting from scratch, but what coach that is worth a cac is going to come here now? We might  be able to get an up and comer or a coordinator with a good background if we can get to a 8-9 win team.

i think it's fair to say that I want a new head coach, who will fill the staff with non-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) coaches who can recruit.  that's pretty much the solution.  everything else is fingering dykes or something.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 11:09:41 AM »
Point taken, but he did better last year with presumably equal athletic ability. But anyway, I think it's fair to say that we all want a new DC that isn't just an X's and O's guy, but also a recruiter. As much as I'm pissed at Snyder, he made our offense fairly effective with the worst BCS starting QB in the country, a decent/good RB, and an average line. Get a DC that can at least get middle of the road BCS talent on that side of the ball and know how to coach them on top of that, and we'll be at least an 8 win team for as long as Snyder and said imaginary DC is here. Not great, but I'll take it over what we have now. I'm ok with starting from scratch, but what coach that is worth a cac is going to come here now? We might  be able to get an up and comer or a coordinator with a good background if we can get to a 8-9 win team.

i think it's fair to say that I want a new head coach, who will fill the staff with non-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) coaches who can recruit.  that's pretty much the solution.  everything else is fingering dykes or something.
Might as well ask for the moon while you're at it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 11:14:34 AM »
I don't mind leavitt at all as a DC.  as a HC not sure, he'd better be able to hire some good young assistants.

anyone know USF's track record with assistant coaches.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 12:46:54 PM »

Might as well ask for the moon while you're at it.

Prince actually showed how easy it is to do.  With a few tweaks (i.e. more Texas recruiting ties) it would have been fantastic.