Author Topic: why not Jim?  (Read 19830 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: why not Jim?
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2011, 03:40:19 PM »
If Currie does well here, then Tenn may hire him back after Dooley craps out.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »
LHC Bill Snyder will be around (still HC) longer than John Currie.  I would not be shocked to see Currie walk if Leavitt is hired, who could blame him?

IMO Currie will do everything he can to at least get a significant portion of the athletics side of K-State 2025 going before he bolts . . . if he accomplishes that, he'll be the leading candidate for the biggest AD jobs in college athletics.   Thus, he wil take the path that leads to this happening the fastest.

currie is ambitious and will be interested in, and would leave for, any clearly better ad job that opens up.  that has nothing to do with leavitt being hired or not.  he just wants to move up.

firing snyder would be a huge risk for him.  no potential employer would blame him for retaining uberpopular snyder to eternity no matter the results, whereas if he hires a failure, that'll look bad.

It's not about firing, it's about him being neutered against being able to make a hire.  I mean if K-State of all places doesn't trust you enough to hire a football coach, what better job will see that as a good thing?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2011, 03:47:18 PM »
I wonder if Bill knows how dysfunctional his Kansas State family is right now on the computers and technology things out there.

His grandson is back in school and can't fetch him the Internet.

Bill is probably just sitting in his office, staring at a wall, waiting for Tate to come back to Vanier to set the time on his VCR.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2011, 03:52:44 PM »
LOL. KU fans freaking out:

http://boards.kusports.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1846411&Main=1846084

(I know the thread is from October but these Leavitt rumors pretty much started then.)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2011, 03:56:52 PM »
Prediction: Phil Bennett is going to have a rough day on October 1, 2011.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2011, 04:26:09 PM »
It's not about firing, it's about him being neutered against being able to make a hire.  I mean if K-State of all places doesn't trust you enough to hire a football coach, what better job will see that as a good thing?

w. re. to firgin snyder, the better job would see it as completely understandable to not fire a kstate demigod, irregardless of current results (for as long as the fanbase continues to see him as a demigod).

re. not being allowed to replace snyder with his own choice, if snyder voluntarily steps down, i agree with pesso chingon that currie plans to be gone before that happens so he doesn't care.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2011, 05:17:04 PM »
Really wish bret bielema would choke some kid out.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2011, 05:29:55 PM »
The tards on kstatefans are confirming the rumors as well.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2011, 05:36:41 PM »
i'd be okay with jim as coach only if we hire him in our usual rash and desperate way.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2011, 06:18:12 PM »
Really wish bret bielema would choke some kid out.

I can see Currie threatening to or actually trying to use this as a tool to get rid of leavitt if/when the old regime tries to usher in Leavitt as HC.  Needs to get BITB Perkins on the phone for tricks of the trade.

We need a walk on plant next year that will if ever necessary come forward with a terror story of Jim beating him within an inch of his life, ripping is limbs off, etc.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2011, 07:33:02 PM »
No one in this thread has ever enumerated why Jim would be a bad fit.  Its all been irrational paranoia typical of goEMAW

He had amazing defenses here, right?
He made a nationally relevant team in an environment none of you, unless you are a Floridian, understand.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

catzacker

« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2011, 08:02:36 PM »
No one in this thread has ever enumerated why Jim would be a bad fit.  Its all been irrational paranoia typical of goEMAW

He had amazing defenses here, right?
He made a nationally relevant team in an environment none of you, unless you are a Floridian, understand.

in a horrible league, he went 25-26 in conference, his final two years in conference weren't above .500.  he struck a player and then told other players and coaches to change their stories, then was fired for it . he's 54 years old.  (btw, he made usf nationally relevant for about one week, then promptly lost 4 of his next 7 games - the only national relevance he has now is that he got fired for hitting a kid).

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »
Quote from: fatz
FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12046
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Was told tonight ...   Reply
Harbaugh may have interest in bringing Leavitt to San Francisco.
:surprised: :blah:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 07, 2011, 09:24:07 PM »
This thread is so rough ridin' depressing.  Between this and "Old Snyder"... :goodbyecruelworld:

You know what...eff everybody.  I'm convinced that Snyder's going hire JL to come in and turn the D around.  We'll redshirt Sams next year and Tuggle will make for good bbs'ing and we'll end up having another meh year where we make some shitty bowl.  Currie taps Snyder on the shoulder when the season is over and says, "it's time........it's time."  Snyder announces midway through the next slightly less meh season that it will be his last.  Currie mounts a national search and ends up hiring some hot young stud offensive coordinator with a shitload of energy from a major school that walks into a situation where he's got Sams with 3 years of eligibility left.  By his third year at the helm ESPN starts referring to us as the Oregon of the plains and Sams is a Heisman candidate.

There's not a damn thing that any of you can say to change my mind, so eff all of you.   :bigtoke:

WHO'S WITH ME!!!??!?!
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 07, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »
Sean will replace Rahne, Burns will get promoted to co-DC.  Thank you and good night.   :blindfold:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2011, 09:59:32 PM »
Sean will replace Rahne, Burns will get promoted to co-DC.  Thank you and good night.   :blindfold:

I wish on the burns part  :blindfold:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2011, 10:11:42 PM »
FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12046
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

:lol:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2011, 10:23:17 PM »
Fitz has obviously learned his lesson since It's Patterson.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2011, 10:36:46 PM »

I wish on the burns part  :blindfold:

co-DC would be the logical promotion for burns but even if it doesn't happen i'm sure snyder is smart enough to make sure he's happy and stays very involved on the current staff.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2011, 10:50:17 PM »
FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12046
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

:lol:

REELED'EM IN AGAIN.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 07, 2011, 10:53:07 PM »

Burns is leaving. The snyder coaching tree doesn't allow for new branches.
RIP Fatty