Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003524 times)

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4400 on: August 28, 2013, 12:43:53 PM »
On another note I just got in the mail yesterday a targeted AA personal MC app for 45k miles after $2k spend.  Wonder if they would let me apply for that guy right now or if it would block a second personal AA card?  Says its good till Oct 15th so I will probably wait a little to make sure I can meet the spends and let all the flytalk dudes work it out.

getting an offer in the mail doesn't change the rules
Just dreaming SD.  At least the major meltdown portion has stopped

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: August 28, 2013, 12:53:31 PM »
same non-hoarding rules apply. there is speculation that they are going to roll out those fuel surcharges as soon as the DOJ approves the merger.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: August 30, 2013, 04:19:39 PM »
Trying to use AA points sucks.  I wanted to use AA miles for my trip to St Barts (flying into SXM) next May but AA's schedule and rewards availability suck so i booked Delta. 

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: September 01, 2013, 09:38:26 AM »
alternatively, tell me where you are going and on what dates and what miles you have and let me figure this out for you.

Just got back to this and now I am all  :angry:

It's too late now, but in a brief description please describe how I should have used my UR points to book the $400 direct flight to Detroit from KC?  I rarely use points for travel so I have no idea. I usually just use the points for gift cards and junk. 

TIA

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: September 01, 2013, 12:36:21 PM »
alternatively, tell me where you are going and on what dates and what miles you have and let me figure this out for you.

Just got back to this and now I am all  :angry:

It's too late now, but in a brief description please describe how I should have used my UR points to book the $400 direct flight to Detroit from KC?  I rarely use points for travel so I have no idea. I usually just use the points for gift cards and junk. 

TIA

I'd have just paid for that flight.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: September 01, 2013, 01:10:52 PM »
I see. I don't travel much at all outside of work, I just didn't want to pay anything for the flight. Still have 100k. I'll ask next time I book a personal trip :Cheers:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: September 01, 2013, 06:00:15 PM »
I see. I don't travel much at all outside of work, I just didn't want to pay anything for the flight. Still have 100k. I'll ask next time I book a personal trip :Cheers:

get the cap one venture card for points convertible to travel dollars for cheap flights, you get 2 pts per dollar of spend (but they haven't had a good signup bonus in a while, iirc).  then you can save your ur points for use as miles.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: September 01, 2013, 06:18:35 PM »

get the cap one venture card for points convertible to travel dollars for cheap flights, you get 2 pts per dollar of spend (but they haven't had a good signup bonus in a while, iirc).  then you can save your ur points for use as miles.

yeah, that sounds like a good option for you. it had a 100k sign up bonus when they first rolled it out which was $1k free travel. you then just use the card for any travel related expense and then mark it off your bill using your points. some people were speculating they were going to bring it back at some point but then they never did.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: September 02, 2013, 11:02:58 AM »
Thanks, if I could get the 100k I would do it. I just don't travel much at all outside of work so I just look for decent deals and use for gift cards for fun.

You guys are the best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: September 05, 2013, 08:07:35 AM »
Everyone sign up for Uber via this link:

https://uber.com/invite/x9otm

You will get $10 in Uber credits and I will get $10 in Uber credits. Then you can order cabs and stuff. TIA.

:D

used Uber 4 times this week in Chicago. we had 6 guys so couldn't fit into one cab. we got an SUV each time and it usually only took about 5 minutes to get to us. you don't pay. you don't tip. they just bill the card you have registered on the account. you go on the app, hit the type of vehicle you want and they show you on the map where the car is and how long it will take to get to you. they show you a picture of your driver and the vehicle type and his plate number. if they don't know exactly where you are via the GPS they call you and you tell them where you are waiting but we only had that happen once. you can also get regular taxis and different car types. we tried tipping the first guy that picked us up and he wouldn't have it. they also have bottled water for you in the cars. huge fan of this.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4410 on: September 05, 2013, 08:35:29 AM »

You will get $10 in Uber credits and I will get $10 in Uber credits. Then you can order cabs and stuff. TIA.

used Uber 4 times this week in Chicago. we had 6 guys so couldn't fit into one cab. we got an SUV each time and it usually only took about 5 minutes to get to us. you don't pay. you don't tip. they just bill the card you have registered on the account. you go on the app, hit the type of vehicle you want and they show you on the map where the car is and how long it will take to get to you. they show you a picture of your driver and the vehicle type and his plate number. if they don't know exactly where you are via the GPS they call you and you tell them where you are waiting but we only had that happen once. you can also get regular taxis and different car types. we tried tipping the first guy that picked us up and he wouldn't have it. they also have bottled water for you in the cars. huge fan of this.

seems pretty great. i assume this is just for large cities like Chicago?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: September 05, 2013, 08:39:54 AM »

seems pretty great. i assume this is just for large cities like Chicago?

Yeah, right now it's just in:

NORTH AMERICA
ATLANTA  BALTIMORE  BOSTON CHICAGO  DALLAS  DENVER DETROIT  HAMPTONS  HONOLULU INDIANAPOLIS  LOS ANGELES  MEXICO CITY MINNEAPOLIS  NEW YORK CITY  ORANGE COUNTY PHILADELPHIA  PHOENIX  PROVIDENCE SACRAMENTO  SAN DIEGO  SAN FRANCISCO SEATTLE  TORONTO  WASHINGTON D.C.

EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
AMSTERDAM  BERLIN  CAPE TOWN DUBAI  JOHANNESBURG  LONDON LYON  MILAN  MUNICH PARIS  ROME  STOCKHOLM ZURICH

ASIA PACIFIC
BANGALORE  MELBOURNE  SEOUL SHANGHAI  SINGAPORE  SYDNEY TAIPEI

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: September 05, 2013, 08:48:26 AM »
Indianapolis? I mean they can keep the filthy NCAA, but they can't have elite taxi services too  :frown:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: September 05, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »
congrats on the free $10, steve. ill try it out this weekend! go cats.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: September 06, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »
I got a random call from chase this morning, they just wanted to tell me about all the benefits of my chase ink bold. The lady was really nice and all, but just a complete waste of time, I guess I should have complained and tried to get a few points :dunno:

It was kind of funny how she looked through my past charges and asked "it looks like you have a lot of food purchases on here, is that going to continue to be something you'll purchase for your business?"

Me: uh....yeah
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: September 06, 2013, 11:58:18 AM »
weird

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: September 06, 2013, 12:14:59 PM »
wal mart purchases are probably food

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: September 06, 2013, 12:29:53 PM »
looked at my UR points because they looked a little low. turns around the gas station by my house doubles as a delicious BBQ joint and everytime i got gas there it rang up as BBQ. called chase and told them the deal and they agreed to turn every $40 purchase at the gas station into 5 points per dollar from july on.  :gocho:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: September 06, 2013, 12:59:54 PM »
looked at my UR points because they looked a little low. turns around the gas station by my house doubles as a delicious BBQ joint and everytime i got gas there it rang up as BBQ. called chase and told them the deal and they agreed to turn every $40 purchase at the gas station into 5 points per dollar from july on.  :gocho:
Nice, I've always wondered about them mis classifying purchases, but I've never thought to call in
I'm purple down

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: September 06, 2013, 01:02:46 PM »
Nice, I've always wondered about them mis classifying purchases, but I've never thought to call in

they didnt just fork it over quickly. i said "do you really think i order $45 in BBQ 3 times every two weeks?" and the guy prettty much just didnt want to call me fat i think so he gave me the points.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: September 06, 2013, 01:10:20 PM »
No it was restaurants. But the whole reason she asked was to tell me that I get 2x points on restaurant purchases, I was all afraid she was going to tell me my business was fake and shut my account down.
I'm purple down

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: September 06, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »
No it was restaurants. But the whole reason she asked was to tell me that I get 2x points on restaurant purchases, I was all afraid she was going to tell me my business was fake and shut my account down.

hell, more than half of my purchases are in restaurants....for people with expense accounts that's very very common.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: September 06, 2013, 01:23:43 PM »

they didnt just fork it over quickly. i said "do you really think i order $45 in BBQ 3 times every two weeks?" and the guy prettty much just didnt want to call me fat i think so he gave me the points.

How could you tell how it was classified? Did you just figure it out?

Also, how cool is it that there is a BARBECUE JOINT in a GAS STATION?!?!? wow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: September 07, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »

How could you tell how it was classified? Did you just figure it out?

Also, how cool is it that there is a BARBECUE JOINT in a GAS STATION?!?!? wow

Well the charge on it said okie joes, not shamrock gas or whatever the hell it is. That was my first clue. Then I looked at my UR points by statement and saw I didn't have very many points in the x5 category. That was my second clue.

Lol I know right like so crazy?!

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: September 07, 2013, 10:31:29 AM »

hell, more than half of my purchases are in restaurants....for people with expense accounts that's very very common.
yeah it's probably closer to 90% for me. I haven't eaten a meal at a restaurant in the last 3 years that wasn't business related.  :fatty:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."