Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003344 times)

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4375 on: August 28, 2013, 09:11:11 AM »
this is horrible. i'm sitting on 250k AA with no immediate plans to use them but was wanting to use them to fly international in two years. might need to move it up?

good example (along with the Hilton deval) as to why you should never hoard miles/points. the rate of inflation is ridiculous. turn and burn!
I'm a really bad hoarder at the present time and there's nothing I can really do about it.  this is rough ridin' painful to watch you guys.  :cry:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: August 28, 2013, 09:12:09 AM »
this is horrible. i'm sitting on 250k AA with no immediate plans to use them but was wanting to use them to fly international in two years. might need to move it up?

good example (along with the Hilton deval) as to why you should never hoard miles/points. the rate of inflation is ridiculous. turn and burn!
I'm a really bad hoarder at the present time and there's nothing I can really do about it.  this is rough ridin' painful to watch you guys.  :cry:

yeah. i'm sick to my stomach right now.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: August 28, 2013, 09:16:05 AM »

Why haven't you gone to Tokyo yet, like, three times?

i mean crap, steve dave's even finished his basement already daris :dubious:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: August 28, 2013, 09:40:08 AM »

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=3914.msg70686#msg70686
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: August 28, 2013, 10:05:31 AM »

rightly or wrongly, i have amassed somewhere around 150-200 airtran credits in the last two years. those things are only good for one year and then they expire. my plan was to use them and nothing but them for two years while going to the cool places they go-aruba, cabo, etc. and during this time i would amass and hoard tons of AA, usair, etc. to go to even better places (italy, japan, etc). i just don't know what to do now. my whole world as i know it just fell apart.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4380 on: August 28, 2013, 10:07:58 AM »
rightly or wrongly, i have amassed somewhere around 150-200 airtran credits in the last two years. those things are only good for one year and then they expire. my plan was to use them and nothing but them for two years while going to the cool places they go-aruba, cabo, etc. and during this time i would amass and hoard tons of AA, usair, etc. to go to even better places (italy, japan, etc). i just don't know what to do now. my whole world as i know it just fell apart.

just consider it 'accelerated' - take lots of cool pics and post them here! :emawkid:

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: August 28, 2013, 10:15:25 AM »
aaaaaaaand now aadvantage is charging fuel surcharges...on all international flights...on all carriers  :runaway:

this is rough ridin' awful. AA transatlantic premium cabin award space has been almost impossible to find lately. I think they just finally realized they have billions of AA miles floating around out there and they better devalue the crap out of them ASAP. UA just became even more BITB. but, if they follow suit, holy crap I'll be mad.

So depressing, just got into the AA game since it seemed easy to go international and I already have the SW companion pass.  Then all this crap happens.  I could have waited like 3 weeks and known to go a different direction. 

On another note I just got in the mail yesterday a targeted AA personal MC app for 45k miles after $2k spend.  Wonder if they would let me apply for that guy right now or if it would block a second personal AA card?  Says its good till Oct 15th so I will probably wait a little to make sure I can meet the spends and let all the flytalk dudes work it out.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: August 28, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »

wait...airtran credits have a hard expiration regardless of whether you have activity in your account!?!  :sdeek: 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: August 28, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »
On another note I just got in the mail yesterday a targeted AA personal MC app for 45k miles after $2k spend.  Wonder if they would let me apply for that guy right now or if it would block a second personal AA card?  Says its good till Oct 15th so I will probably wait a little to make sure I can meet the spends and let all the flytalk dudes work it out.

getting an offer in the mail doesn't change the rules

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: August 28, 2013, 10:25:12 AM »

wait...airtran credits have a hard expiration regardless of whether you have activity in your account!?!  :sdeek:

yes

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: August 28, 2013, 10:27:40 AM »

yes
yuck

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: August 28, 2013, 10:29:32 AM »

yes
yuck

yes. quite the pickle sandwich i now find myself in.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:14 AM »

rams, are you using your having kids as an excuse for hoarding your miles?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: August 28, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »
I'm terrible at saving miles. If anything I should save them more. It's going to be tough to just let those Avios miles sit for a couple months.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: August 28, 2013, 10:37:38 AM »
I knew this whole credit card fad was stupid to begin with. 

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: August 28, 2013, 10:39:59 AM »

rams, are you using your having kids as an excuse for hoarding your miles?
well not solely, but it's a big factor for me/us.

and let me save you the effort/time of your inevitable PI...I simply don't care.  :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: August 28, 2013, 10:44:32 AM »
Having kids and not living close to any family is the main reason I CAN'T save miles.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: August 28, 2013, 10:45:32 AM »
I mean, I'd take them to Tokyo in a heartbeat if the miles allowed it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »
Last night, in a routine effort to better align American to industry standards with other global carriers, American began collecting carrier-imposed surcharges on tickets for travel on other carriers’ metal.

This change was intended for revenue tickets only, but the surcharge was erroneously added to AAdvantage award redemptions on other airlines as well.

Except in the cases of British Airways and Iberia, where American currently collects these surcharges, no carrier-imposed surcharges will be applied when redeeming AAdvantage miles for award travel on other carriers. Any customers who encountered this fee in error will be fully refunded. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ok, cancel meltdown

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: August 28, 2013, 11:07:01 AM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4395 on: August 28, 2013, 11:10:50 AM »
LOL.  TOKYO 2015!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: August 28, 2013, 11:14:41 AM »

yes

can't you transfer them to SW points?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: August 28, 2013, 11:47:42 AM »

yes

can't you transfer them to SW points?

you can transfer airtran credits to southwest credits but not southwest points and they still keep the original expiration date

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: August 28, 2013, 11:48:48 AM »
rick lets go to tokyo next weekend!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: August 28, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »
LOL.  TOKYO 2015!

have i ever told you who americanairlinescat69 is? if not i'll pm you. his new job is like aa ambassador to japan or something and goes there multiple times a year now. unreal. 2015 indeed! :mhstokyopak: