Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004766 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4225 on: August 07, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »
i say more power to the people willing to do it. i just don't care enough to learn what to do (bluebird, vanilla, reloads, etc) and even if i did, i'm honestly pretty darn lazy and probably wouldn't do it anyway.

it's a joke that couldn't be more simple. what's your problem w/ simple jokes?

PUT HIS ASS IN HIS PLACE MICHCAT!

Offline ChodoCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: August 09, 2013, 06:50:57 PM »
yeah, you won't be able to get those SW cards again in a couple years. prolly, like, 6 years or so if they still exist. or if they change the card in a major way and it becomes a "new" product.

SD, you sure about this? I cancelled my wifes sapphire preferred account in January, and applied her for a new sapphire preferred early May. I called when I applied to verify she was eligible for the 40k bonus and they said yes. I just called again b/c we met the $3k spend and wanted to verify the 40k points would be applied. They confirmed the 40k points will hit her account July 5th.

Are you saying Chase in general doesn't allow you to churn the same cards or just the SW cards? B/c I was going to do the exact same thing with my sapphire preferred account and rack up another 40k.

also, are you sure you just didn't get some great bonus on the regular sapphire and not two sapphire preferreds? fwiw everyone, when I say sapphire I am talking about the sapphire preferred. the UR cards are kinda confusing.

there is a visa and a mastercard sapphire preferred. my guess is he applied for the visa first and then (maybe unknowingly) applied for the mastercard the second time. that would get you the bonus twice.

I think they will make you cancel the first one before getting the other one which would fit this.

Good question about the master card. There is actually no way to apply for the sapphire preferred mastercard online now. It was removed from mastercards website, around late April.

http://milecards.com/6077/it-still-exists-mastercard-chase-sapphire-preferred/.

When I applied (my wife) early May I was not aware that you could not apply online for the mastercard sapphire preferred so I googled sapphire preferred MC and found a link. Applied, called to make sure I would get the 40k bonus. I had in fact applied for the visa card and they said I was eligble for the 40k bonus (even though my wife had received this bonus less than a year ago). Since I thought I was applying for the mastercard and wanted the mastercard, I asked them to switch the account. They sent me the visa card next day (b/c I told them I needed it for a big purchase), then they sent the new master card a few days later, I called and the switched everything over. So maybe that all had something to do with being able to get the bonus, but initially when it was a visa card, the 40k bonus was still in play.

Yesterday, sapphire preferred told me that currently there is no way to apply for the sapphire preferred mastercard. You have to apply for the visa, then request it to be switched to the mastercard, like the mess I had to go through.

So just to be straight with this. My wife had a sapphire preferred visa account and received the 40k bonus. In January 2013 I downgraded to the "non-preferred" subsequent to the 7% annual dividend and annual $95 fee (but within 30 days of the annual fee charge). So I received the 7% annual dividend, downgraded the card to non-preferred, had the $95 fee reversed since I called withinn 30 days of the charge and kept the dividend. This is a great trick by the way! I think a month or so later, I cancelled her non-preferred account. Then early May, I unknowingly applied my wife for the visa sapphire preferred (thinking I was applying for the mastercard sapphire preferred) and was approved with the bonus in tact.

I just downgraded my sapphire preferred visa to "non-preferred" and will try the exact same thing in 3 months. I just applied for the Ink Plus business and was approved. So between the 2 sapphire preferreds (cancel then reapply bonuses), 2 freedoms (5X categories), and 1 Ink plus bonus, I should get 178k UR bonus points this year, 80k sapphire preferred, 48k freedom (24k X 2), 50k Ink Plus. Might apply the wife for the Ink Plus business, once I get the $5k spend satisfied for my Ink Plus and get another 50k.

Wanted to follow up with this. Mrs. Chodo’s 40k UR bonus posted without a problem. That’s her 2nd round of 40k bonuses for the sapphire preferred. I did this with my Dad as well, but didn’t screw around with changing to a MC and his 2nd 40k bonus just posted as well. I waited around 3-6 months to reapply after downgrading for both, can’t really remember exact timing. I promptly moved Mrs. Chodo’s 40k bonus to my UR account and moved my Dad’s bonus to my Mom’s UR account, just in case the figured it out and tried to reverse it.

I’m currently churning the banana card and wanted to share this. Initially I was pissed that my wife got the banana card without consulting me. However, for the last 4 months and effective until 9/30 it offers 3X the points on purchases outside of their stores. Typically $1,000 spend is equal to $10 banana rewards, now it’s equal to $30. So I am maxing out each of our bluebird accounts at $5k, $10k total per month resulting in $300 BR rewards, less $79 in fees netting to $221 per month, $442 total for August and September (((60,000/1,000)*$10)less $158 fees = $442). Comparatively, sapphire preferred at 1X points is only equal to $92 net of fees (20,000/80=$250UR less $158 fees = $92). $442 BR rewards net of fees versus $92 UR net of fees for the same 2 month period. Great deal, just pissed I didn’t max out the full $10k each of the last 4 months although I’m not sure what I’d do with over $1,000 in free banana clothes. Rewards are available in printable sheets in increments of $10, max $50 so they can be gifted for xmas, etc and can be used at old navy, gap, and banana.

Lastly, this may have been discussed already, but the CVS in my hood allows $5k to be uploaded per day! Bluebird only allows $5k per month so that doesn’t really help on a monthly volume basis, but better than having to go 5 different days to get $5k in vanilla at the previous $1k limit.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: August 12, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »
Just booked the Andaz Maui at $0.038613 per point for a 5 night stay. And got $0.037 per point on the flight.

110k Hyatt points for the $4,247.43 hotel
150k AA for the $5,550 flights

pretty excited.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: August 12, 2013, 01:57:50 PM »
yeah, well, I booked a trip to milwaukee today

in december (best time to go from what I hear)
emaw

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: August 12, 2013, 10:39:47 PM »
For you people who don't like calling to cancel your cards on the phone I just cancelled three Amex cards over live chat or whatever. Was pretty quick and painless.
just did this to cancel my wife's spg.  thanks for the tip.  :thumbs:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4230 on: August 13, 2013, 08:49:42 AM »
For you people who don't like calling to cancel your cards on the phone I just cancelled three Amex cards over live chat or whatever. Was pretty quick and painless.
just did this to cancel my wife's spg.  thanks for the tip.  :thumbs:

does this reduce the chance you might be offered an incentive to keep the card?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: August 13, 2013, 09:41:30 AM »
Everyone sign up for Uber via this link:

https://uber.com/invite/x9otm

You will get $10 in Uber credits and I will get $10 in Uber credits. Then you can order cabs and stuff. TIA.

:D

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: August 13, 2013, 10:00:55 AM »
Everyone sign up for Uber via this link:

https://uber.com/invite/x9otm

You will get $10 in Uber credits and I will get $10 in Uber credits. Then you can order cabs and stuff. TIA.

:D

virus....reported!

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: August 13, 2013, 12:23:59 PM »
Just booked the Andaz Maui at $0.038613 per point for a 5 night stay. And got $0.037 per point on the flight.

pretty excited.

Wow this seems great.  I am booking a $400 flight with 40k UR points.  You got a better deal me thinks.   :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: August 13, 2013, 12:31:20 PM »
Wow this seems great.  I am booking a $400 flight with 40k UR points.  You got a better deal me thinks.   :frown:

what on earth, don't do that  :sdeek:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: August 13, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »
I'll tell you what, you transfer 40k UR points to my Hyatt or United account and I'll give you $400.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: August 13, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »
alternatively, tell me where you are going and on what dates and what miles you have and let me figure this out for you.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4238 on: August 13, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »
I'll tell you what, you transfer 40k UR points to my Hyatt or United account and I'll give you $400.
I bid $500
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: August 13, 2013, 02:17:48 PM »

pretty excited.

don't.

https://rewards2cash.com/

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: August 13, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »

:sdeek:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: August 13, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »
alternatively, tell me where you are going and on what dates and what miles you have and let me figure this out for you.

So I'm good at gathering points but poor at this part....secrets to best redemption rate?  Airfare only plz

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: August 13, 2013, 10:59:11 PM »
american express green. pud? got mail from them and have no earthly idea.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4243 on: August 14, 2013, 06:03:50 AM »
american express green. pud? got mail from them and have no earthly idea.

Yeah, I've never even seen one that wasn't a corporate card

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4244 on: August 14, 2013, 06:04:22 AM »

So I'm good at gathering points but poor at this part....secrets to best redemption rate?  Airfare only plz

Post in this thread how many points you have and where you want to go.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4245 on: August 14, 2013, 10:35:37 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: August 14, 2013, 10:36:25 AM »
mommy points and bad credit divorcee daddy points

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: August 14, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »

it didn't seem creepy to me when i posted it, but now it kind of does.    :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: August 14, 2013, 10:43:33 AM »

it didn't seem creepy to me when i posted it, but now it kind of does.    :frown:

meh, just keep lil c out of it and I think you are ok.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4249 on: August 14, 2013, 11:07:26 AM »

pretty excited.

don't.

https://rewards2cash.com/

Anybody ever done this? Seems interesting, but a little shady...
I'm purple down