Author Topic: ksu ladycats  (Read 188834 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ksu ladycats
« Reply #1500 on: December 30, 2020, 09:06:37 PM »
I'm starting to get the impression that the women's season is in much more peril than the men's season. They don't have the pressure to finish that the men do. I think Duke started something that we'll see more of very soon, especially as students start to return to these campuses.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 21, 2021, 08:18:22 AM »
i'm pulling this description from KSO because it's too good. lady cats lost last night at WVU which was kind of expected but read how they lost...

Absolutely embarrassing display by the K-State women and the 'coaching' of Jeff Mittie at West Virginia!!! Took a 12 point lead at 56-44 with 4:36 left in the game. Still at 56-44 with 3:03 left. K-State proceeds to get off two shots (one blocked) for the remainder of the game and commit, get this, 7 turnovers, virtually all trying to get the ball in under the WVU basket against their press. Mittie then gets 2 technicals and kicked out of the game with 7 seconds left. West Virginia goes on a 21-0 run for the last 3:03 of the game to come from 12 down and win 65-56. Most epic collapse of total ineptitude I think I have ever witnessed in basketball even at the Junior High level!! Mittie, now in his 7th season with an All-American 6'-6" center is now 0-3 in Big 12 play and has a team and program in total disarray just like the men! Gene needs to get better options for both programs than these two John Currie hires!!!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 21, 2021, 11:01:58 AM »
i miss being able to watch ksu women's sports on fox sports.  the espn deal has them all behind the paywall

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 21, 2021, 12:38:00 PM »
They had 11 possessions in the last 3 and a half minutes of the game. 10 of those possessions were turnovers and the other resulted in a blocked shot.

In the same way that oscar has never been able to recruit a pure shooter, Mittie has been an absolute disaster at recruiting point guards.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 21, 2021, 06:43:05 PM »
I love the cats, I hate the style of play we employ, it's so ugly.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 31, 2021, 02:56:03 PM »
#MittieOut

We just lost to OU who had 6 players, not 6 scholarship players and 3 walk ons, 6 players.

Now Ayoka Lee was victim to the worst no call I've ever seen on a basketball court, no hyperbole, but they should have never been in that position. A series of frankly very stupid decisions led to that. If there's 2 minutes left in a game and you're down 4 with 3 fouls to give, you don't just start giving them with 10 seconds on the shot clock.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 31, 2021, 03:56:36 PM »
It's definitely Covid and not at all that Mittie has shown stunning incompetence despite having fairly talented rosters (albeit rosters without point guards).

He is the Mark Fox/Andy Kennedy of Big 12 women's ball - average a 19-13 record every year, alternate between NIT/NCAA bids and continue to earn a paycheck because he (and his predecessor) collectively sucked the life-force out of the program.

But, if Mean Gene doesn't fire oscar, how can you fire Mittie when their respective seasons are basically the same (though I'd argue Mittie has more talent and was picked to finish in the top half of the league).

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 31, 2021, 04:04:12 PM »
we k-staters don’t fire people, it’s not in our culture
promote, extend, excuse, but definitely not fire

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 31, 2021, 10:33:41 PM »
It's definitely Covid and not at all that Mittie has shown stunning incompetence despite having fairly talented rosters (albeit rosters without point guards).

He is the Mark Fox/Andy Kennedy of Big 12 women's ball - average a 19-13 record every year, alternate between NIT/NCAA bids and continue to earn a paycheck because he (and his predecessor) collectively sucked the life-force out of the program.

But, if Mean Gene doesn't fire oscar, how can you fire Mittie when their respective seasons are basically the same (though I'd argue Mittie has more talent and was picked to finish in the top half of the league).

I truly don't know how anyone could have watched that game and didn't come away thinking that he isn't over his head. I would understand losing to 6 players from flood aggie, but that OU team was awful. That was a worse loss than the men on Saturday.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 12:36:41 AM by MakeItRain »

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 31, 2021, 10:34:27 PM »
 BURN IT ALL DOWN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 03, 2021, 10:37:18 PM »
Bruh.

Lost a 10 point lead with 3 minutes left in the game. Had a 5 point lead and the ball under a minute, took a shot with 16 seconds left on the shot clock, got blocked.

Didn't score the last 3:24 of regulation. Got outscored 22-4 the last 8 minutes of the game, 3 minutes of regulation and overtime.  :facepalm:

Watching the men get blown out ever game and the women piss every game away late is a fantastic fan experience. I think what the women are doing is more brutal because they constantly give hope, they can't keep finding ways to blow games. The men are out of games but the first media timeout, so it's meh at this point.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 12, 2021, 08:24:19 PM »
In a fitting way to end the year, Mittie again defies 99 percent win probability and can't lead his team to holding on despite a 7 point lead with less than a minute to play against No. 2 seed WVU. Once again, the team couldn't execute an inbounds play in the final minute and had three turnovers.

The peggy po's will say a bad no-call (and it was a bad-no call) with 5 seconds left cost us the game. But, that ignores that we put ourselves in that position and that we have a head coach who has been unable to get his team to value the ball and consistently execute an inbounds play/break the press all season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 13, 2021, 09:45:48 AM »
That was an absolutely brutal finish, inexcusable. This was not a well coached team, lots of ridiculous mistakes late, which like you said, is a hallmark of this team, even in the few games they won.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 27, 2021, 01:26:30 PM »
Bueckers vs. Clark has been very disappointing.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 19, 2021, 10:10:04 AM »
Anybody paying attention to the Ladycats this year? Got our asses kicked by two national championship contenders, but have handled everyone including a good win v Oregon last night.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: December 19, 2021, 01:07:41 PM »
Really fun atmosphere in Bramlage last night. Oregon was preseason top 10 in the country and the Cats were in control from start to finish. Lee is a star, and she was dominant on both ends of the court yesterday while managing some early foul trouble. Maybe in some part due to injury, we start three freshmen including the Glenn twins from KC. I really like our freshman PG Sundell's game - very under control and she had 8 assists yesterday.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: December 19, 2021, 03:10:08 PM »
The squad is really good, really fun, and it's nice to watch Mittieball when he has a team that can score. I still don't like it, but it's tolerable with talent. They're 100% making the tournament and should be good enough to win a game or two when they get there.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 02, 2022, 01:26:38 PM »
Up 18-7 after 1 quarter vs #10 Baylor    :excited:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 02, 2022, 03:12:10 PM »
CATS WIN LETS GOOOO

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: January 02, 2022, 07:42:50 PM »
First win against Baylor since 2004. Had lost 36 straight before today.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: January 10, 2022, 03:50:04 PM »
monster game tomorrow night against iowa state

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: January 11, 2022, 07:55:31 PM »
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: January 11, 2022, 08:11:12 PM »
Ayoka Lee is like nothing I’ve ever seen before
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: January 11, 2022, 08:18:55 PM »
Yikes. Gave that one away.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: January 11, 2022, 08:20:14 PM »
that loss suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssss

sundell’s crap ass turnovers killed us in the 4th