Author Topic: ksu ladycats  (Read 193331 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: ksu ladycats
« Reply #1550 on: February 20, 2022, 03:54:42 PM »
That first half was brutal.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 20, 2022, 05:01:23 PM »
That first half was brutal.

I have no idea how Oklahoma State has any conference wins at all. That's as bad of a big 12 team that I've seen in a while.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: March 13, 2022, 07:39:45 PM »
9 seed in raleigh

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 13, 2022, 08:22:47 PM »
I knew we'd be on the 8/9 line so if I were to pick a 1 seed, that'd be the one I'd pick. Kinda surprised we're there given we've already played them.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: March 13, 2022, 09:39:04 PM »
Against Kamie Ethridge, Laurie Koehn, and Deb Patterson   :Wha:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 14, 2022, 01:19:10 AM »
Against Kamie Ethridge, Laurie Koehn, and Deb Patterson   :Wha:
lol, I literally watched that entire selection show, have several retweets about the game, and it didn't, for a second, occur to me that we're playing Washington State. I only cared what 1 seed we'd be matched with.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: March 14, 2022, 12:16:40 PM »
I just alerted this game in my ESPN app.

I confess I'm not the biggest WBB follower.    I'd much rather watch good women's V-ball and softball. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 15, 2022, 08:34:30 PM »
saturday at 10:30 espn 2

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 19, 2022, 10:56:53 AM »
Yeesh, rough first quarter. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 19, 2022, 11:44:44 AM »
This coaching staff is so God damn inept. It's truly remarkable how effing stupid they are.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: March 19, 2022, 12:35:49 PM »
Just turned it on and it's been great!

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 19, 2022, 01:06:34 PM »
Just turned it on and it's been great!

This coaching staff thought it would be a great idea to wait until halfway through the third quarter to make any kind of meaningful adjustments to a defensive scheme that has stymied them all season long (teams doubling Lee and ignoring one of our nonshooters).

Thankfully, Wazzu was an even worse shooting team than us today.

We will get destroyed (again) by NC State on Monday.

Mittie remains an idiot incapable of taking advantage of the once-in-a-generation player he has. But, our apathetic fan base will be happy with an NCAA bid and a first round win because it could be worse (see Weber, oscar).

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: March 19, 2022, 03:32:44 PM »
Weird meltdown

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: March 19, 2022, 04:50:19 PM »
Weird meltdown

Not for anyone who's actually watched this team during the last few years.

This team was playing at at top 10-15 level earlier in the season, but couldn't sustain it when teams realized Mittie has no answers on the offensive end when teams double Lee all game.

They'll have a decent-good year next year (not even Mittie could screw that up) and then they'll crater the year after (similar to Weber after 2019).

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: March 19, 2022, 05:45:14 PM »
when Ayoka just destroyed that girl with the elbow I was worried she would get tossed and I'd have lost my crap. good call there.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: March 19, 2022, 08:31:23 PM »
I was very frustrated at the coaches too, KITH. However, the adjustment really wasn't anything they could have done other than finally pulling Ebert. The players eventually needed to be more aggressive in using dribble penetration to make the defense move to get Ayoka more room. The freshmen seemed intimidated by the moment but finally got into the game and I think Goodrich and Dallinger really helped them do so. I don't know if there was a lot for the coaches other than to continue to remind them to move the ball and be more aggressive to break the defense down and I'm certain they were doing that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: March 19, 2022, 08:34:58 PM »
NCSU will not do the pack the lane thing, they feel like they are better at every position and will play us straight up. Lee will need to stay out of foul trouble trying to guard Cunane and we gotta hit shots. As much as I hate our zone, we may need to play it for extended stretches.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: March 19, 2022, 09:08:26 PM »
I was very frustrated at the coaches too, KITH. However, the adjustment really wasn't anything they could have done other than finally pulling Ebert. The players eventually needed to be more aggressive in using dribble penetration to make the defense move to get Ayoka more room. The freshmen seemed intimidated by the moment but finally got into the game and I think Goodrich and Dallinger really helped them do so. I don't know if there was a lot for the coaches other than to continue to remind them to move the ball and be more aggressive to break the defense down and I'm certain they were doing that.
we got some great minutes from them today, that was nice to see.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: March 20, 2022, 09:06:47 AM »
Respectfully, I disagree - this staff has repeatedly proven it's incompetent. Whether it was the inability to get the ball up the court last year or repeated horrific late-game collapses, the inability to recruit a single serviceable point guard until year seven in the program or the inability to avoid things like 5 point quarters like yesterday - they are just plain bad.

Yesterday, it's not like the solution was complex - get the guards to drive the ball, run some high post with Lee, run some ball screens - simple stuff to unclog the middle when outside shots aren't falling. This staff didn't do any of that until the third quarter.

I guess you could argue that maybe they told the players to do those things and the freshmen were being freshmen, but I don't buy that.

Either way, it was yet another reminder of the consistent pattern of this staff - which is pretty much that when plan A doesn't work, they can't execute a plan B (for whatever reason).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: March 20, 2022, 02:59:06 PM »
I'm not arguing about anything that happened before this season, hell even before yesterday. However, yesterday, on it's own merits, wasn't a reason to be angry at the coaches. The game played out the way it needed to get that win, even though it took a half. Adjustments were clearly made to personnel and strategy, I'm not sure you can divorce the coaches from that. Don't worry I'm sure in 26 hours we'll have tons of things to attack Mittie for.

Also make no mistake, I am definitely not a Mittite but the 2021 signing class makes how I feel about him complicated. I still hate our style of play albeit he did drop the crappy zone, for the most part.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 20, 2022, 07:09:36 PM »
Baylor loses at home to 10 seed South Dakota   :surprised:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: March 20, 2022, 08:46:30 PM »
LSU should have lost but Jackson State got screwed.

Iowa losing to Creighton was hilarious.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: March 20, 2022, 08:53:31 PM »
Kansas hanging tough at Stanford!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: March 20, 2022, 09:37:38 PM »
yes.  only down 30

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 20, 2022, 09:39:24 PM »
lol