Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1461221 times)

CNS and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #25050 on: March 25, 2024, 05:50:05 PM »
This new rule is going to frustrate a lot of players, teams, and fans.  Similar to a WR faking pass interference or hold, a ball carrier could also "sell" a questionable hip drop tackle to get a flag thrown.

Not really, but ok.  It’s targeting a specific form of hip drop tackle that is both dangerous and obvious.
Describe an obvious hip drop tackle.

It’s described in the article on nfl.com and I’m sure there are many videos on youtube
So it’s not like a horse collar where everyone knows what it is and it’s easy to describe.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25051 on: March 26, 2024, 06:56:01 AM »
I think it's easier to call with clarity in the new rule.  Of course it'll be somewhat a PITA as with most penalties and require a lot of judgement, but it's wrapping a player up and then dropping their weight on the opponent's legs. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25052 on: March 26, 2024, 08:03:31 AM »
I think it's easier to call with clarity in the new rule.  Of course it'll be somewhat a PITA as with most penalties and require a lot of judgement, but it's wrapping a player up and then dropping their weight on the opponent's legs.

If it's truly just this specific situation it maybe a good rule. I hadn't read up on what the rule was just almost anybody I follow with a football background was going insane upset about it so I assumed it was way broader definition of a wrapup and then dropping your own weight anywhere to bring the person down.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25053 on: March 26, 2024, 08:56:50 AM »
granted i’m just a casual, but i’ve never heard one person complain or even talk about this before

i agree with people who suggest that it should be treated as a fine and not a flag.  deal with it after the game after reviewing it on tape.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #25054 on: March 26, 2024, 08:58:28 AM »

so basically the only way to tackle someone from behind will be to swipe at their legs and hope they trip? I also can't wait to see a 190lb corner get taken for a ride by Kelce or any other tight end. We might the highest scoring NFL game ever next year.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25055 on: March 26, 2024, 09:35:43 AM »
I bet they are still cool with tackling from behind and letting the ball carrier drag the tackler along, but NOT ok with the tackler jumping up and flopping on the legs of the carrier from behind. 

Seems like this will be tough to call consistently though.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25056 on: March 26, 2024, 09:39:25 AM »
It's very easy to see.

Defender has a ball carrier in his arms and then "drops" and pulls down/usually back or to the side.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #25057 on: March 26, 2024, 09:46:56 AM »
It's very easy to see.

Defender has a ball carrier in his arms and then "drops" and pulls down/usually back or to the side.

So basically the only way to tackle someone is going to be from straight on traditional form tackle style? If you are behind or from the side and can only "grab" the player, i'm not sure what you are supposed to do. Do you just hold them until someone runs in front of them and lights them the eff up so no one has to grab and drag them down?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25058 on: March 26, 2024, 10:18:02 AM »
I think people will need to wrap up the legs if they are tackling from behind. Might actually result in better tackling. Who knows.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #25059 on: March 26, 2024, 10:32:17 AM »
I think people will need to wrap up the legs if they are tackling from behind. Might actually result in better tackling. Who knows.

maybe, these dudes are so fast and big, i'm just not sure how its going to work out. Forever its been, "grab and do what you can to get them to the ground". Any hesitation by a tackler is going to be a problem. Will be interesting.

On another note, I think the new kickoff rule rules.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25060 on: March 26, 2024, 10:51:07 AM »
I think you could grab from behind and tackle just fine. The defender probably needs to keep their feet a little more. I’m guessing we see it called frequently on the preseason, a few times in the first month and rarely after that. Teams and officials will adjust.

I’m assuming they’ll target the avoidable ones, similar to defenders landing with their full weight on the QB. There will be shitty calls, as with any penalty, but hopefully less than QB safety calls.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25061 on: March 27, 2024, 07:34:52 PM »
Alligator roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25062 on: March 27, 2024, 10:17:49 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25063 on: March 27, 2024, 10:29:08 PM »
I'm not putting this with the stadium stuff in the royals thread because this is focusing on the chiefs. This is truly embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/KCchristopher/status/1772738570836406721

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25064 on: Today at 08:58:48 AM »
obvious propaganda bullshit put together by the teams. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25065 on: Today at 10:12:42 AM »
obvious propaganda bullshit put together by the teams.

Is it even supposed to make you think it's someone who wants the Chiefs to move to St. Louis? It honestly seems more parody than propaganda, and a really dumb parody at that.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25066 on: Today at 10:48:17 AM »
yeah i think it's just a laaaaame joke