Author Topic: ksu ladycats  (Read 188828 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ksu ladycats
« Reply #525 on: March 10, 2014, 05:15:16 PM »
I really hate Deb for the religious pressure she put on players. She should have been fired years ago.

What an incredibly stupid thing to hate someone for.  To each his own though imo.

Uhhh not really. Hating her for being gay would be incredibly stupid.

Okie Doke.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 10, 2014, 05:15:42 PM »
Hmmm. I know virtually nothing about WBB. But I want the ksu cats to be good at everything, so I vote we get a coach that makes us good.

Then you want Shalee.

:thumbs:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 10, 2014, 05:27:34 PM »
dax, buddy, its over. We appreciate your dogged research but she's gone, her office is already cleaned out. Not sure why you feel the need to convince us that a fired person should be fired. Who do you like for candidates, may need to go a little deeper than just looking at schedule & results though.

Lenning.  I've seen people toss around the WSU coach. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 10, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
dax, buddy, its over. We appreciate your dogged research but she's gone, her office is already cleaned out. Not sure why you feel the need to convince us that a fired person should be fired. Who do you like for candidates, may need to go a little deeper than just looking at schedule & results though.

Lenning.  I've seen people toss around the WSU coach.

Sorry for the snark, friends?

Jody Adams would be okay. She played for Pat Summit, won a natty. At WSU she won their first Valley championship for them and took them to their first NCAA tournament. I caution you all though about two things. First, she's very polarizing within the WSU athletic department, she's very tough and she has no problem getting rid of players. Honestly, she's like a non bible thumping Deb. Secondly, for people who didn't like Deb's salary, we would have to pay Jody nearly as much as we paid Deb, if not more.

I want Shalee but Jody would be better than an assistant coach from Maryland or Louisville.

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 10, 2014, 06:35:38 PM »
Currie is fixing his dumbass contract that he gave to Deb in 2008.

$600,000 in salary for Deb in 2013-2014     ( for women's basketball)

He does avoid paying out $125,000 in bonus on April 14, 2014.

If we are paying 600,000 for a women's coach, it better be someone cool like Doug Gottlieb.

Pick your knuckles up off of the ground, sexist clown. People that throw Deb's salary around need to take like 10 rough ridin' minutes of reading and research to gather some actual context of her salary. She isn't close to being overpaid when you consider the other coaches in the conference and other high major coaches that have been at one place as long as she had. Thankfully Currie is smarter than you rough ridin' idiots and he understands its a pretty good idea to pay your coaches market value.

Henrickson $401,000   
http://www2.kusports.com/coaching_contracts/

Fennelly     $888,000
http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=832566

Littell       $300,000
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7485444/oklahoma-state-cowgirls-coach-jim-littell-earn-nearly-300000

Coale    $1.101 million
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-womens-basketball-sherri-coale-is-more-than-a-coach-shes-an-icon-for-ou/article/3940609

There is the 10 minutes of research.

I would calculate that 13,500 seats * $50/year= $675,000  in attendance revenue / year. 
I bet that is probably high considering how they try to sell Women's Basketball Season packages for $20 with a Men's season ticket.
In general, College Basketball Coaches are overpaid and only survive due to Football. In women's hoops it is an even worse situation than the men.

I think Currie made the right decision to move on from a Head Coach that had only been to the Sweet Sixteen once in 18 years. Get someone fresh and save a $1,000,000 over the next 4 years. 

In my opinion, we should be paying our Women's Hoops Coach Brad Hill or Suzie Fritz type money.

Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 10, 2014, 08:34:21 PM »
i wonder if we could get candice jackson away from coach p at duke 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 10, 2014, 08:56:18 PM »
I really hate Deb for the religious pressure she put on players. She should have been fired years ago.

What an incredibly stupid thing to hate someone for.  To each his own though imo.

Uhhh not really. Hating her for being gay would be incredibly stupid.

Okie Doke.

Hate isn't the right word, but I do agree with ERiI. Religion, and how it is practiced, should be a personal choice. I don't want to pit this up, though. I'm all for hiring Shalee.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 10, 2014, 10:07:08 PM »

If we are paying 600,000 for a women's coach, it better be someone cool like Doug Gottlieb.

Pick your knuckles up off of the ground, sexist clown. People that throw Deb's salary around need to take like 10 rough ridin' minutes of reading and research to gather some actual context of her salary. She isn't close to being overpaid when you consider the other coaches in the conference and other high major coaches that have been at one place as long as she had. Thankfully Currie is smarter than you rough ridin' idiots and he understands its a pretty good idea to pay your coaches market value.

Henrickson $401,000   

Fennelly     $888,000

Littell       $300,000
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7485444/oklahoma-state-cowgirls-coach-jim-littell-earn-nearly-300000

Coale    $1.101 million
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-womens-basketball-sherri-coale-is-more-than-a-coach-shes-an-icon-for-ou/article/3940609

I would calculate that 13,500 seats * $50/year= $675,000  in attendance revenue / year. 
I bet that is probably high considering how they try to sell Women's Basketball Season packages for $20 with a Men's season ticket.
In general, College Basketball Coaches are overpaid and only survive due to Football. In women's hoops it is an even worse situation than the men.

I think Currie made the right decision to move on from a Head Coach that had only been to the Sweet Sixteen once in 18 years. Get someone fresh and save a $1,000,000 over the next 4 years. 

In my opinion, we should be paying our Women's Hoops Coach Brad Hill or Suzie Fritz type money.

So you did the research but you're too rough ridin' stupid to understand market value, jesus christ. Why in the hell would we pay "our Women's Hoops Coach Brad Hill or Suzie Fritz type money?" Brad Hill and Suzie Fritz aren't Big 12 women's basketball coaches, goddamned moron. Your research shows that she isn't overpaid, clown. The next coach is likely to make similar money to Deb.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 10, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »

Henrickson $401,000   

Fennelly     $888,000

Littell       $300,000

Coale    $1.101 million

So you did the research but you're too rough ridin' stupid to understand market value, jesus christ. Why in the hell would we pay "our Women's Hoops Coach Brad Hill or Suzie Fritz type money?" Brad Hill and Suzie Fritz aren't Big 12 women's basketball coaches, goddamned moron. Your research shows that she isn't overpaid, clown. The next coach is likely to make similar money to Deb.

BOOM YOU GOT MIRed

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 10, 2014, 10:13:25 PM »
BOOM YOU GOT MIRed

^ Has happened to me several times. :shy:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 10, 2014, 10:16:27 PM »
i wonder if we could get candice jackson away from coach p at duke

great name 'sclams. I don't know why you wouldn't just hire Shalee if you would hire Jackson though, she doesn't have enough of an experience edge over Shalee to combat the people who would be pissed and call this a Ron Prince type hire. This needs to be a hire that instantly sells tickets and the only assistant who would do that is already here.

They call Joanne P. Mcallie Coach P? I thought that it was weird that whenever someone says her name, they say the P, calling her Coach P is bizarre.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 10, 2014, 10:28:41 PM »
how much money does ksu womens bball actually bring in?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 10, 2014, 10:44:33 PM »
2012-13 season

Expenditures $3.3 million
Revenue      $366,000

That may seem crazy but, for comparison, the numbers for all of the other sports combined, not counting football and mens & womens basketball

Expenditures $8.7 million
Revenues     $469,000
You can for the most part split the revenues into baseball and volleyball because it's reported by gender and those are really the only two other sports that generate any revenue at all.
Baseball revenues for 12-13 were approximately $292,422 and volleyball was $177,386

So baseball having its best year ever, by far had a revenue of nearly 33% of women's basketball that had a 5-13 conference record. Volleyball made the NCAA tournament in 2012 and brought in nearly 66% less than women's basketball.

This, andrew von dumbass, is why you don't pay a women's basketball coach like you pay a baseball or volleyball coach.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 10, 2014, 11:03:14 PM »
MIR is MIRing all over your faces!!!!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 10, 2014, 11:28:36 PM »
got a little carried away with the percentages at the end there, but the larger point still holds

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 10, 2014, 11:58:03 PM »
Option A:

Pay a new Women's Basketball Coach $600,000 as part of a 3.3 million dollar budget. If we are lucky this improves revenue from 300,000 to 600,000.   Net we lose $2.7 million on the operation.

Option B: Pay a new Women's Basketball Coach $200,000. Lets say that revenue stays the same and we bring in $300,000. The New Women's Basketball Budget is 2.9 million because you saved $400,000 on head coach salary.  Net we lose $2.6 million dollars

Option C: Pay a new Women's Basketball Coach $200,000. Budget is 2.9 million again but this time you get an increase in revenue from 300,000 to 600,000.   Net we lose $2.3 million.

I think it is much better to try for option C and accidentally get B.  The only way it makes sense to spend a lot of money is if we hire away a coach from a big time program. Otherwise you are starting out with an unproven assistant type or upgrading a lower level head coach and why should we pay more for that?

Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 11, 2014, 12:00:06 AM »

:popcorn:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 11, 2014, 12:00:32 AM »

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 11, 2014, 12:00:40 AM »
Personally, I'd like to see Bill Laimbeer coach the Lady Cats.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 11, 2014, 12:02:32 AM »
Last year Baseball had $218K in Revenue.  WBB $348K.  Baseball's expenses were half of WBB expenses.   

Source-KSU 2013 NCAA Revenue and Expense Report.

Baseball could produce more if they consistently make the post season and finish towards the top of conference standings.

If current trend holds, TFS probably needs to be expanded.    Baseball also has a ton of exposure potential.  Make the NCAA postseason and stay awhile means lots of ESPN air time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 11, 2014, 12:11:27 AM »
Otherwise you are starting out with an unproven assistant type or upgrading a lower level head coach and why should we pay more for that?

Because you need to hire coaches, for any sport, at the going rate. Why do you continue to ignore what the market rate for coaches is? Honest question, are you grasping the concept of paying what the market dictates? Do you really want K-State to be known as the school who low balls coaches over $200,000 on a $60 million dollar budget?

Also what your projections conveniently ignore is what happens if the revenues plummet because the athletic director hires a coach for $200,000 because some of his fans don't understand basic economics. Does, you get what you pay for mean anything to you? We're hiring a coach that needs to produce revenues for the 3rd highest revenue producing sport on campus, we aren't shopping for canned goods at Aldi. Sheesh.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 11, 2014, 12:17:39 AM »
love this great back and forth about who loses less money
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 11, 2014, 12:22:31 AM »
market value or not, paying a head coach twice the potential revenue is really ridiculous.  why are women's basketball (and i'm sure other non-revenue sports) head coaching salaries so inflated?  seems like a $60-80k job at most
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 11, 2014, 12:24:14 AM »
Last year Baseball had $218K in Revenue.  WBB $348K.  Baseball's expenses were half of WBB expenses.   

Source-KSU 2013 NCAA Revenue and Expense Report.

Baseball could produce more if they consistently make the post season and finish towards the top of conference standings.

If current trend holds, TFS probably needs to be expanded.    Baseball also has a ton of exposure potential.  Make the NCAA postseason and stay awhile means lots of ESPN air time.

I'm sure you're aware that wbb expenditures can't be cut and baseball expenditures will increase with increases in revenue. Obviously we both would love for both to produce more money. If they both sports produce maximum revenue women's basketball will still out perform baseball for all schools outside of the SEC and ACC; see Nebraska where their wbb team had the same amount of revenue than all of their non football/basketball mens sports.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 11, 2014, 12:25:55 AM »
market value or not, paying a head coach twice the potential revenue is really ridiculous.  why are women's basketball (and i'm sure other non-revenue sports) head coaching salaries so inflated?  seems like a $60-80k job at most

Honestly, why would you dumb down this conversation even more than it already is? Do you actually want an answer to this question, certainly you're smarter than that? Right?