Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457270 times)

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #425 on: April 22, 2010, 09:34:29 AM »
Also, in checking Rivals to confirm Nick Russell thing, noticed Nino has been moved to '11.  Anyone want to take a guess as to which class he actually ends up in?  :dunno:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 22, 2010, 09:37:19 AM »
Cook tweeted that his first two visits will be UK and 'Zona.  :frown: Not feeling good.

sounds like teague to uk.  unexpected boost to kstate's slim-to-none shot at cook.

Does this not also make K-State the fav for Boatright?

I don't think so.  Since VaTech and FSU are interested, that would require us to beat out a high-major team that can get to the postseason, something the staff has never done for anyone outside of DCA.

K-State beat out FSU for Russell, if I remember correctly.

I don't think you do.  And Nino has always been 11, until recently finding out he may have to move it up.

catzacker

« Reply #427 on: April 22, 2010, 09:43:21 AM »
Cook tweeted that his first two visits will be UK and 'Zona.  :frown: Not feeling good.

sounds like teague to uk.  unexpected boost to kstate's slim-to-none shot at cook.

I don't think so.  Since VaTech and FSU are interested, that would require us to beat out a high-major team that can get to the postseason, something the staff has never done for anyone outside of DCA.

I was going to pose this question when Maple Leaf committed but was too scared.  IIRC, Wake and Illinois wanted Sutton.  But, other than that (and a possible mention on Russell by UCLA? and whispers that Georgetown might want Samuels) I think this might be an accurate statement.  Coincidentally, Maple Leaf might be the one guy we did (OU?).  Basically, this staff was good at sealing the deal with DCA kids that were directly connected to 'Te or Beasley or kids that no one (high-majors) knew about or wanted or had room for. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 22, 2010, 09:43:40 AM »

While I realize they aren't always accurate, these are the notables we supposedly beat out (offers) in our last couple of classes:

Southwell: Marquette, Providence, South Carolina, St John's, S Carolina, Xavier.
Sprads: UNLV
Asprilla: Marquette, Memphis, Miami FL
Myles: OU, NU, GW

JHR: Rhode Island, St Johns, (visited both), DePaul, Kentucky, Missouri, Seton Hall, UNLV, Xavier.
Irving: Georgia, Creighton, S Florida, St. Louis (bunch of other mid/low majors).
Russell: Iowa, Texas Tech, SMU (visited all 3), Fla St, OU, UCLA.

Judge and McGruds a bunch of high majors, but DCA.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 22, 2010, 09:51:40 AM »

While I realize they aren't always accurate, these are the notables we supposedly beat out (offers) in our last couple of classes:

Southwell: Marquette, Providence, South Carolina, St John's, S Carolina, Xavier.
Sprads: UNLV
Asprilla: Marquette, Memphis,  Miami FL
Myles: OU, NU, GW

JHR: Rhode Island, St Johns, (visited both), DePaul, Kentucky, Missouri, Seton Hall, UNLV, Xavier.
Irving: Georgia, Creighton, S Florida, St. Louis (bunch of other mid/low majors).

Judge and McGruds a bunch of high majors, but DCA.

So we beat out Marquette (who throws out offers BCG-style) for Southwell.  (JHR's offers were all for the 08 class).

:blank:

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 22, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »
I don't think you do.

:users:

And Nino has always been 11, until recently finding out he may have to move it up.

Ah, got it turned around.

:bang:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 22, 2010, 09:59:46 AM »
I don't think you do.

I question that, along w/ UCLA and OU offers.  You don't get legit offers from UCLA, OU, and FSU and visit SMU, Tech, and Iowa.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 22, 2010, 10:03:54 AM »
I don't think you do.

I question that, along w/ UCLA and OU offers.  You don't get legit offers from UCLA, OU, and FSU and visit SMU, Tech, and Iowa.

Forsett said Russell isn’t waiting to see what shakes out with UCLA. That’s not to say he isn’t interested, but his heart isn’t set on a visit to Cali. UCLA has already come in for an in-home visit. Speaking of which, K-State almost brought the whole staff on its visit. Matt Figger, the lead guy, and Dalonte Hill were there, and Frank Martin also tagged along. “It was a great visit,” he said.

Read more: http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2008/10/01/nick-russell/#ixzz0lqEjTpsJ

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 22, 2010, 10:26:02 AM »
I don't think you do.

Forsett said Russell isn’t waiting to see what shakes out with UCLA. That’s not to say he isn’t interested, but his heart isn’t set on a visit to Cali. UCLA has already come in for an in-home visit. Speaking of which, K-State almost brought the whole staff on its visit. Matt Figger, the lead guy, and Dalonte Hill were there, and Frank Martin also tagged along. “It was a great visit,” he said.

Read more: http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2008/10/01/nick-russell/#ixzz0lqEjTpsJ

FACE michigan cat, FACE

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

catzacker

« Reply #434 on: April 22, 2010, 12:30:15 PM »
this is why I was scared, rusty.  this is why I was scared.

FACE michigan cat, FACE

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 22, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »
DC area piece that mainly just makes me sad for what could have been

http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2010/04/21/washington-area-also-the-nations-point-guard-capital/

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #436 on: April 22, 2010, 01:33:30 PM »
koppe22 dug up some fairly boring names now on the rivals database.  better than nothing.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/basketball/recruiting/player-Forrest-Robinson-93769
http://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/basketball/recruiting/player-Jonathan-Holmes-99386
http://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/basketball/recruiting/player-Rasham-Suarez-111374
http://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/basketball/recruiting/player-Jarvis-Threatt-108321

suarez is from puerto rico, and played in iowa and at findlay for short times prior to being wherever he is now.

Sorry you werent entertained, that hurts deeply.
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #437 on: April 22, 2010, 01:39:24 PM »
do you just search for your name or something, kind of weird imo. you should read the cattmatt vs. mr. kk thread, whats that expression....like looking in a mirror.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 22, 2010, 01:54:39 PM »

it was a great job of digging up the names.  it's just that the names suck.  which in a way makes them more impressive finds, if you're looking for board cred.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 22, 2010, 01:55:18 PM »

it was a great job of digging up the names.  it's just that the names suck.  which in a way makes them more impressive finds, if you're looking for board cred.
we got some hurt feelin's up  in this thread

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #440 on: April 22, 2010, 01:58:37 PM »

I am a gigantic attention slut, so yes it does.

I stalk Angel Rodriguez daily on FB and  he never says anything about us, kinda bugs  me. That and I cant read 75% of what he is saying because its spanish.
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 22, 2010, 02:08:22 PM »
I stalk Angel Rodriguez daily on FB and  he never says anything about us, kinda bugs  me. That and I cant read 75% of what he is saying because its spanish.

he never says anything about anyone else either.  like most tropics players, he probably realizes there's no point getting worked up about any particular school before alvarez even tells him where he's going to go.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 22, 2010, 02:32:20 PM »
harrison update from texashoops.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1076843

He said that since the tournament, he's received interest from Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Arizona State, Alabama, Houston and SMU.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 22, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »

He said that since the tournament, he's received interest from Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Arizona State, Alabama, Houston and SMU.

Jesus.  Epic :facepalm:  (or we told him to shut his damn mouth when we recruit him).

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 22, 2010, 03:11:46 PM »

Jesus.  Epic :facepalm:  (or we told him to shut his damn mouth when we recruit him).

:dunno:

catzacker

« Reply #445 on: April 22, 2010, 03:14:59 PM »

A&m and OSU had already shown interest before the tournament. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 22, 2010, 03:18:20 PM »
Frank to staff:  So, um, you guys going to recruit this week
Staff:  No, we're good (throws another cheeto in mouth and wipes hands on sweatpants while turning up the volume on cartoon network)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 22, 2010, 03:20:53 PM »

A&m and OSU had already shown interest before the tournament. 

yep.  He actually said we were his leader along w/ a&M before the tournament.  But why call a guy after he averages like 45/game at a major AAU event?  Let Travis Ford have him.  :dunno:

Frank to staff:  So, um, you guys going to recruit this week
Staff:  No, we're good (throws another cheeto in mouth and wipes hands on sweatpants while turning up the volume on cartoon network)

PERRY ELLIS!  PITINO AND CAL WERE THERE!  :ksu:

catzacker

« Reply #448 on: April 22, 2010, 03:24:36 PM »
the staff must've decided harrison wasn't the right fit. or they got scared because other schools had begun to hear about him. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 22, 2010, 03:26:50 PM »
PERRY ELLIS!  PITINO AND CAL WERE THERE!  :ksu:

some gpc guy claimed that martin arrived to ict from chicago.  no info on if connecting.