Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457186 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2010, 07:10:24 PM »
another player mentioned on scout, I guess we were already in his rivals profile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/basketball/recruiting/player-Luke-Mergerson-93744

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2010, 07:12:27 PM »
B. We don't appear to be recuiting any bigs now anyway, which is more of a concern than having room for one. 

so the assumption has always been a big, a pg and williams for 2011.  does harrison indicate maybe that they're looking at 3 perimeter players, no bigs?  do they think of him as a combo point?  do they think of williams as a big?

Missed this earlier.  I've heard some grumblings from people that think Nino is still growing. I  don't really believe it considering his age, but he would be an elite pf if he grows a couple of inches.  Remember the old wet dream "what if Hoskins was 6'8"?" Same thing would apply to Nino.  I don't know how they could get away with not brining in a young big...there has to be somebody out there if not Nino.  That said, I think they could still sign three perimeter guys and a big.  Somebody is going to leave...particularly if we bring in Myles or a soph. transfer like Shipman.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2010, 08:54:57 PM »
more harrison:

DeAngelo Harrison  Franchize All-Stars, 2011 shooting guard

Yes, Harrison probably isn't a point guard. And yes, he probably is a little undersized as a high-major shooting guard prospect. Regardless, this combo guard might just be the best shooter in the 2011 class - at least it looked that way in Little Rock. Harrison knocked down five 3-pointers in a row in the semifinals and then scored 47 points in the final.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1076292
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline GetVocalwithCurt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 19, 2010, 09:50:16 PM »
Harrison sounds a lot like Pullen.
"I'll be back"
-Curtis Kelly

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 19, 2010, 09:56:47 PM »

Pullen was never regarded as anything better than an average shooter in HS.  He's also 3" shorter.  This guy sounds way better (at least at the same point in their careers).

Harrison sounds like he would be an awesome get, though.

catzacker

« Reply #405 on: April 19, 2010, 10:03:05 PM »
I'm guessing Harrison goes to OSU or A&M.

Offline GetVocalwithCurt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 19, 2010, 10:11:41 PM »

Pullen was never regarded as anything better than an average shooter in HS.  He's also 3" shorter.  This guy sounds way better (at least at the same point in their careers).

That is crazy. I figured Pullen would be considered a good shooter especially after he broke Provisos record for 3 pointers made in a game
"I'll be back"
-Curtis Kelly

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 19, 2010, 10:34:20 PM »
pullen was always thought of as a true pg.

harrison sounds like chalmers style wise.  bj holmes, warren, v. ward, richardson and denmon might be other good comparos.  really, there's been a ton of guys like that running around in the big 12 lately.  everyone wants a shoot-first ballhander as a combo.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »

Pullen was never regarded as anything better than an average shooter in HS.  He's also 3" shorter.  This guy sounds way better (at least at the same point in their careers).

That is crazy. I figured Pullen would be considered a good shooter especially after he broke Provisos record for 3 pointers made in a game

Yeah, not much better than average out of HS.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 20, 2010, 07:38:23 AM »

Streaky is a better definition for Pullen's shooting.  Glad he's finally at a place where it is getting more consistently good. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 21, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »
Cook tweeted that his first two visits will be UK and 'Zona.  :frown: Not feeling good.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 21, 2010, 01:55:02 PM »
Cook tweeted that his first two visits will be UK and 'Zona.  :frown: Not feeling good.

If we were lucky enough to get a visit (we won't be) we better f'ing have that Beasley jersey up in the rafters by the time he gets here  :curse:

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 21, 2010, 04:32:10 PM »
Over/under that the class is at least this good?

PG Boatright 4-star #69
SG Harrison 3-star #118
SF Williams 3-star UR
PF Gipson 3-star #111

Right now thinking under :cry: , but trying to be optimistic.  (this is considerably worse than i was expecting a year ago)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 21, 2010, 04:39:23 PM »
PG Boatright 4-star #69
SG Harrison 3-star #118
SF Williams 3-star UR
PF Gipson 3-star #111

it'll be better, but just 3 players.  if there's a fourth, whoever the staff brings in to replace the transfer in the spring will suck, and shouldn't be included with the rest of the class.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 21, 2010, 05:09:34 PM »

Sounds a lot like Royce Woolridge, but Woolridge is simply "garbage" according to you because of his 3-star status.  Hypocrite.

catzacker

« Reply #415 on: April 21, 2010, 05:09:50 PM »
Over/under that the class is at least this good?

PG Boatright 4-star #69
SG Harrison 3-star #118
SF Williams 3-star UR
PF Gipson 3-star #111

Right now thinking under :cry: , but trying to be optimistic.  (this is considerably worse than i was expecting a year ago)

I only want those kids if they're the right "fit".

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 21, 2010, 05:26:46 PM »
PG Boatright 4-star #69
SG Harrison 3-star #118
SF Williams 3-star UR
PF Gipson 3-star #111

it'll be better, but just 3 players. 

:eek:

Sounds a lot like Royce Woolridge, but Woolridge is simply "garbage" according to you because of his 3-star status.  Hypocrite.

No, Harrison will be ranked way higher than he is now.  wooldridge never climbed the rankings as predicted by many idiots.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 21, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »

If we were lucky enough to get a visit (we won't be) we better f'ing have that Beasley jersey up in the rafters by the time he gets here  :curse:

YES!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 21, 2010, 09:37:49 PM »

sounds like teague to uk.  unexpected boost to kstate's slim-to-none shot at cook.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 22, 2010, 07:43:30 AM »

sounds like teague to uk.  unexpected boost to kstate's slim-to-none shot at cook.

Does this not also make K-State the fav for Boatright?  Not that Cal was ever going to fall far enough down his list to actually offer Boatright.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 22, 2010, 07:53:41 AM »

Does this not also make K-State the fav for Boatright?  Not that Cal was ever going to fall far enough down his list to actually offer Boatright.

Would we take Rodriguez-Trioche and Boatright?  Can we trade one for a quality big?

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 22, 2010, 08:38:07 AM »

Would we take Rodriguez-Trioche and Boatright?  Can we trade one for a quality big?

I think we oversign.  Taking Myles guarenteed at least one guard will be leaving after the season.

catzacker

« Reply #422 on: April 22, 2010, 08:41:49 AM »

jfc, SD, don't be so picky.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 22, 2010, 08:54:11 AM »

Does this not also make K-State the fav for Boatright?

I don't think so.  Since VaTech and FSU are interested, that would require us to beat out a high-major team that can get to the postseason, something the staff has never done for anyone outside of DCA.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 22, 2010, 09:27:44 AM »

Does this not also make K-State the fav for Boatright?

I don't think so.  Since VaTech and FSU are interested, that would require us to beat out a high-major team that can get to the postseason, something the staff has never done for anyone outside of DCA.

K-State beat out FSU for Russell, if I remember correctly.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer