Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1502097 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1850 on: December 19, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »
Someone tell me why Geno isn't a good option? I still think Chiefs should take him first (although I haven't seen or heard anything about how Wilson is doing).

He isn't that good a quarterback.  McShay and Kiper (their worth is debatable, but still) have him rated as a second round talent that someone will reach on in the first round because of the lack of good QB options.

He's not worth the #1 overall pick but he is definitely a first round pick. I think he is pretty good and I think the Chiefs should draft him. Despite WVU sucking this season, Smith threw for over 4,000 yards, 40 TD's, and 6 INT's.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: December 19, 2012, 07:25:43 PM »
None of this crop of qbs is that exciting, I just want a guy with an above average NFL arm.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: December 20, 2012, 08:19:25 AM »
Someone tell me why Geno isn't a good option? I still think Chiefs should take him first (although I haven't seen or heard anything about how Wilson is doing).

He isn't that good a quarterback.  McShay and Kiper (their worth is debatable, but still) have him rated as a second round talent that someone will reach on in the first round because of the lack of good QB options.

He's not worth the #1 overall pick but he is definitely a first round pick. I think he is pretty good and I think the Chiefs should draft him. Despite WVU sucking this season, Smith threw for over 4,000 yards, 40 TD's, and 6 INT's.

In 2002, Kliff Kingsbury ran the same offense Geno runs and threw for 5,017 yards and 45 touchdowns. He received absolutely no Heisman consideration at any point of the season and was not drafted. I don't think he should have been drafted, either. Whoever drafts Geno is going to end up with a dud.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: December 20, 2012, 09:08:23 AM »
Yesterday Fescoe was L@Ling at the notion of taking Joeckel 1st overall and either getting a QB later or trading for one later. I would love the crap out of that.

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: December 20, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »
So if they don't go w/ a QB with their 1st pick, who would they get? Not a D lineman.

Tackle?

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: December 20, 2012, 05:54:12 PM »
1st pick should be best available or trade down. i'm hoping they take wilson or murray late 1st (if they trade down) or early 2nd.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: December 20, 2012, 05:58:27 PM »
1st pick should be best available or trade down. i'm hoping they take wilson or murray late 1st (if they trade down) or early 2nd.

Given the talent available early, I don't see a lot of teams wanting to move up a lot. Much more likely they trade up from their 2nd round into the 1st.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: December 20, 2012, 08:06:41 PM »
Trade everything to get as many first rds as possible then take all the qbs.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: December 20, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
Trade everything to get as many first rds as possible then take all the qbs.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Fairly radical approach...but probably genius.  :cheers:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: December 20, 2012, 10:41:11 PM »

Given the talent available early, I don't see a lot of teams wanting to move up a lot. Much more likely they trade up from their 2nd round into the 1st.
Maybe the Jets will be desperate enough to trade up to #1 overall :pray:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: December 21, 2012, 09:29:29 AM »

In 2002, Kliff Kingsbury ran the same offense Geno runs and threw for 5,017 yards and 45 touchdowns. He received absolutely no Heisman consideration at any point of the season and was not drafted. I don't think he should have been drafted, either. Whoever drafts Geno is going to end up with a dud.

Didn't RGIII run a very similar offense last year at BU?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 21, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »

RGIII is far more mobile than either Kingsbury or Geno. He is also an excellent passer. Barring injury, RGIII is going to be the best QB in the NFL very soon. Geno will be a bust.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 21, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »

RGIII is far more mobile than either Kingsbury or Geno. He is also an excellent passer. Barring injury, RGIII is going to be the best QB in the NFL very soon. Geno will be a bust.

Geno could be successful imo but he needs an absolute beast of an offensive line

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 21, 2012, 10:09:10 AM »

Geno could be successful imo but he needs an absolute beast of an offensive line

How many teams with an absolute beast of an offensive line will be in position to draft Geno, though?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 21, 2012, 10:35:26 AM »

How many teams with an absolute beast of an offensive line will be in position to draft Geno, though?

he could fall to somewhere in the 20's  :dunno:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 21, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »
Andy Reid as next head coach. 

thoughts?

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 21, 2012, 11:31:22 AM »

thoughts?

oh hell no
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 21, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »
#Gottlieb4Chiefs

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 21, 2012, 11:50:34 AM »

thoughts?

oh hell no

129-88-1
10-9 Post Season
5 NFC Championship Games
1 Super Bowl

Yeah what a pud. 

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 21, 2012, 11:59:17 AM »

thoughts?

oh hell no

129-88-1
10-9 Post Season
5 NFC Championship Games
1 Super Bowl

Yeah what a pud.

and to think i used to consider you somewhat respectable in your opinions regarding this little thing we call the NFL.

yeah...my bad.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 21, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »

thoughts?

oh hell no

129-88-1
10-9 Post Season
5 NFC Championship Games
1 Super Bowl

Yeah what a pud.

and to think i used to consider you somewhat respectable in your opinions regarding this little thing we call the NFL.

yeah...my bad.

So just to be clear, you think a coach who averages almost 10 wins a year and makes the playoffs 65% of the time is a loser?  Just trying to understand you here bro.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 21, 2012, 12:09:06 PM »

thoughts?

oh hell no

129-88-1
10-9 Post Season
5 NFC Championship Games
1 Super Bowl

Yeah what a pud.

yeah...my bad.

So just to be clear, you think a coach who averages almost 10 wins a year and makes the playoffs 65% of the time is a loser?  Just trying to understand you here bro.

313-155 .67 % win pct. 8 postseason appearances. 11-8 postseason record. GUESS WHO COMPILED THOSE #'S ??

oscar FRACKING WEBER.

so go ahead. tell me more about the greatness of another underachieving loser who was fortunate to have good qb play pretty much every damn year. . good grief.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 21, 2012, 12:24:15 PM »

thoughts?

oh hell no

129-88-1
10-9 Post Season
5 NFC Championship Games
1 Super Bowl

Yeah what a pud.

yeah...my bad.

313-155 .67 % win pct. 8 postseason appearances. 11-8 postseason record. GUESS WHO COMPILED THOSE #'S ??

oscar FRACKING WEBER.

so go ahead. tell me more about the greatness of another underachieving loser who was fortunate to have good qb play pretty much every damn year. . good grief.

Buddy.  Come on.  He's not Weber and you know it.  Which Hall of Fame QB did he coach again?

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 21, 2012, 12:49:55 PM »
#MikeVick4QB
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 21, 2012, 12:52:09 PM »
mcnabb is top 25 all time in pretty much every major statistical category. i don't personally consider him a hall of famer, but putting up stats like that and winning just shy of 100 career games will get him some votes. it will also help mediocre coaches look a lot better than they really are. especially when you also have backs like ricky watters, brian westbrook and lesean mccoy. even if you misuse them.