Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1574372 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1875 on: December 21, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
mcnabb is top 25 all time in pretty much every major statistical category. i don't personally consider him a hall of famer, but putting up stats like that and winning just shy of 100 career games will get him some votes. it will also help mediocre coaches look a lot better than they really are. especially when you also have backs like ricky watters, brian westbrook and lesean mccoy. even if you misuse them.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah.  Andy Reid isn't like my number 1 choice, but he's better than Herm/Hayley/Romeo

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: December 21, 2012, 12:57:23 PM »
mcnabb is top 25 all time in pretty much every major statistical category. i don't personally consider him a hall of famer, but putting up stats like that and winning just shy of 100 career games will get him some votes. it will also help mediocre coaches look a lot better than they really are. especially when you also have backs like ricky watters, brian westbrook and lesean mccoy. even if you misuse them.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah.  Andy Reid isn't like my number 1 choice, but he's better than Herm/Hayley/Romeo

i would have liked to see haley get a fair shot. being micromanaged by pioli and hamstrung by cassel was a loser's bet from day one. oh well.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: December 21, 2012, 01:03:16 PM »

i would have liked to see haley get a fair shot. being micromanaged by pioli and hamstrung by cassel was a loser's bet from day one. oh well.

I still have his sweater from the give away pile in his garage. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: December 21, 2012, 03:17:33 PM »
Chip Kelly for the Chiefs. Would be great for EMAW Chiefs fans.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: December 22, 2012, 01:14:02 PM »
 :billdance:

So you're saying coaches look better when they have better players?  Shocking. 

Name a great NFL coach with crap players.  Belickek, Tomlin, Payton, Caughlin, etc.  Amongst the best coaches, and coincidentally, they all have HOF QBs.

So, word to the wise, hire a GM who can assemble some talent, including a franchise QB. 

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: December 23, 2012, 12:37:54 AM »

Name a great NFL coach with crap players.  Belickek, Tomlin, Payton, Caughlin, etc.  Amongst the best coaches, and coincidentally, they all have HOF QBs.

So, word to the wise, hire a GM who can assemble some talent, including a franchise QB. 

all of those guys you just mentioned won super bowls. reid didn't.

you effing idiot.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1881 on: December 23, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »

you effing idiot.

KerBLAM!!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: December 23, 2012, 08:39:37 PM »
Peyton Hillis is still an enemy of EMAW. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1883 on: December 23, 2012, 09:44:43 PM »

you effing idiot.

KerBLAM!!

The point was not that Reid is a better coach than belichek and co.  The point was merely that good players make good coaches in the NFL.  Not the other way around. 

So, if you want to chalk up 9 playoff appearances, including 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010; 6 Division titles, including 2010; only finishing lower than 2nd in the Division, 3 times in his entire career; or 3 losing records in his career (including this season),to Donovan McNabb, that's your prerogative. 

I think it's a pretty moronic talking point, though.  Especially coming from Chiefs fans. 

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1884 on: December 23, 2012, 10:39:44 PM »

you effing idiot.

KerBLAM!!

The point was not that Reid is a better coach than belichek and co.  The point was merely that good players make good coaches in the NFL.  Not the other way around. 

So, if you want to chalk up 9 playoff appearances, including 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010; 6 Division titles, including 2010; only finishing lower than 2nd in the Division, 3 times in his entire career; or 3 losing records in his career (including this season),to Donovan McNabb, that's your prerogative. 

I think it's a pretty moronic talking point, though.  Especially coming from Chiefs fans.

I agree with you 100% fwiw, I just thought j dub needed a sound effect for his post

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: December 24, 2012, 12:23:44 PM »
The server at IHOP in Olathe wants Andy Reid FWIW.  He told me that yesterday before the game. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: December 24, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »
The server at IHOP in Olathe wants Andy Reid FWIW.  He told me that yesterday before the game.

Wise man.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: December 24, 2012, 01:47:57 PM »
Hire a GM, let a GM hire a coach. The GM we hire should have connections to a great coach.  Trade the #1 pick for some talent/picks if possible, though it may have crap value this year with no QBs.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: December 24, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »
I've heard Andy Reid loves IHOP. Maybe the server has inside info? Many IHOP servers are known for keen sports insight.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: December 24, 2012, 04:34:58 PM »
I've heard Andy Reid loves IHOP. Maybe the server has inside info? Many IHOP servers are known for keen sports insight.

He also recommend the turkey sausage (one of the members of our party is Jewish), so he has some good advice. 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: December 25, 2012, 01:15:49 AM »

He also recommend the turkey sausage (one of the members of our party is Jewish), so he has some good advice.

You should recommend him for a raise or promotion. Then make IHOP a regular stop.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 25, 2012, 07:53:15 PM »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 26, 2012, 01:10:56 AM »
Let's get a quarterback, a head coach, and a GM.

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 26, 2012, 08:31:49 AM »
Spent the holidays in Philly.  The general mood about Andy Reid getting fired was "sad".  The best way I can describe, it was the same mood as when someone is forced to retire.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 26, 2012, 11:24:05 AM »
Let's take this guy:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201212/youtube-sensation-earns-nfl-tryout

May as well. The Chiefs already have one Youtube sensation on the team.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 26, 2012, 10:28:35 PM »
The Chiefs (2-13) have as many Pro Bowl selections (5) as the Broncos (12-4):
  Eric Berry and Tamba Hali are starters, and Derrick Johnson, Jamal Charles and Dustin Colquitt also made the team.

Guess that's what happens when you are America's team
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 27, 2012, 12:15:00 AM »
I am confident the Chiefs will can the head coach (a likeable guy, and probably a good D-coordinator) and a GM (Pioli, who left the Pats to come to KC? Go figure) no later than Wednesday. (Have to account for the holidays). If I'm right, who will replace them?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 27, 2012, 12:59:06 AM »
The Chiefs (2-13) have as many Pro Bowl selections (5) as the Broncos (12-4):
  Eric Berry and Tamba Hali are starters, and Derrick Johnson, Jamal Charles and Dustin Colquitt also made the team.

Guess that's what happens when you are America's team

Yeah, they're not without talent.  If they were to add a quality QB, I could see them as a playoff team next year.  Oh,  and a good HC and GM, too.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 27, 2012, 08:12:12 AM »
I am confident the Chiefs will can the head coach (a likeable guy, and probably a good D-coordinator) and a GM (Pioli, who left the Pats to come to KC? Go figure) no later than Wednesday. (Have to account for the holidays). If I'm right, who will replace them?

I hope it's someone awesome! Like Bill Cowher or maybe John Madden.  As for GM...I don't really care.  Someone good.  Rumor is that Mark Cuban is looking to buy an NFL team in the midwest.  Would be cool if he would buy the Chiefs from Clark.

:excited:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 27, 2012, 10:35:37 AM »