Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1495982 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #22225 on: January 30, 2023, 12:47:57 PM »
In hindsight it worked but punting was crazy reckless, especially with the game tied. If Chiefs are up 4 maybe a diff story. I don't care how hurt they are, 87 and 15 gotta make a play.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22226 on: January 30, 2023, 12:49:50 PM »
In hindsight it worked but punting was crazy reckless, especially with the game tied. If Chiefs are up 4 maybe a diff story. I don't care how hurt they are, 87 and 15 gotta make a play.

the good news is i am not afraid of punting to jalen hurts

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22227 on: January 30, 2023, 01:16:35 PM »
I don't know how I emotionally made it in 2014 and 2015. Imagine if the Chiefs had 3 more games this week.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22228 on: January 30, 2023, 01:19:20 PM »

If memory serves we were near midfield and turning it over on downs would have effectively given them the ability to make one decent throw to their WR’s to setup a field goal to beat us.  Getting 40 more yards of field position to make them get three of those plays to get into FG range seems far less reckless. Especially given how well the DL was getting home on Burrow.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22229 on: January 30, 2023, 01:21:22 PM »
there’s an inordinate amount of redasses on twitter today and it’s not just the newly minted cincinnati fans either

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22230 on: January 30, 2023, 01:22:57 PM »

If memory serves we were near midfield and turning it over on downs would have effectively given them the ability to make one decent throw to their WR’s to setup a field goal to beat us.  Getting 40 more yards of field position to make them get three of those plays to get into FG range seems far less reckless. Especially given how well the DL was getting home on Burrow.

Fair

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22231 on: January 30, 2023, 01:26:50 PM »
I don't know how I emotionally made it in 2014 and 2015. Imagine if the Chiefs had 3 more games this week.

I think because each baseball game in the playoffs is more like a drive of an overall football game it makes each individual baseball game less an emotional wreck. As long as you're not facing elimination in a game in baseball if you lose, it sucks but it's more like you let the other team score on that drive, so how are you then going to respond in the next one.

It's also why if you only have the one game (see 2014 wild card) it's rough ridin' high of highs and low of lows cause that's all you got.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22232 on: January 30, 2023, 01:32:03 PM »
there’s an inordinate amount of redasses on twitter today and it’s not just the newly minted cincinnati fans either
Give me ALL of the hate
:adios:

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22233 on: January 30, 2023, 02:10:56 PM »

We were at the 37 and had come all the way there from our 14. I really felt we were handing them the game when we decided to punt. It all worked out with Townsend not giving them a touchback and us getting the ball back, but I felt as though we had surrendered.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22234 on: January 30, 2023, 02:11:16 PM »
It kind blows the mind the late hit call has people fired up. It was a terrible blunder but not by the officials.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22235 on: January 30, 2023, 02:12:27 PM »
A lot of Cinci fans are mad the Clark didn't get called for roughing the passer for barely touching Burrow after a couple steps and then Burrow flopping to the ground.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22236 on: January 30, 2023, 02:20:53 PM »
The twitter contingent that legit thinks the nfl is scripted rocketed into my awareness yesterday.  Pretty strange stuff.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22237 on: January 30, 2023, 02:38:42 PM »

I read some ESPN article that used some kind of risk/reward metric to say that the punt was in the 99.9% of most cowardly calls this season (or something like that).

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22238 on: January 30, 2023, 02:41:47 PM »
It kind blows the mind the late hit call has people fired up. It was a terrible blunder but not by the officials.

Agree. And even though I felt a little guilty about having such a fortunate turn of events, listening to that Cinci radio call of the play made me appreciate that it was objectively the right call. The announcers were 100% expecting the ref to throw that flag.

On the other hand, I don't expect to ever see a series as bizarre as the two 3rd down plays.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22239 on: January 30, 2023, 02:57:06 PM »

I read some ESPN article that used some kind of risk/reward metric to say that the punt was in the 99.9% of most cowardly calls this season (or something like that).

That's mind blowing to me. It was 4th and 8. I'd understand the sentiment at 4th and 5 or less, but not on a low percentage down and distance like that.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22240 on: January 30, 2023, 03:04:20 PM »
I thought the game was lost on the punt, but that was the right call.  As well as the defense was playing, you have to play the field there.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22241 on: January 30, 2023, 03:07:02 PM »

https://twitter.com/surrender_index/status/1619889790161125376

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22242 on: January 30, 2023, 03:08:31 PM »
Come on wetwillie, tell us all how The Surrender Index is just a jabroni.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22243 on: January 30, 2023, 03:14:07 PM »
This project contains a Twitter bot that automatically tweets every time there is a punt in an NFL game. It tweets each punt's "Surrender Index" - a completely arbitrary metric created by SB Nation's Jon Bois to quantify how cowardly a punt is.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22244 on: January 30, 2023, 03:16:29 PM »

That's mind blowing to me. It was 4th and 8. I'd understand the sentiment at 4th and 5 or less, but not on a low percentage down and distance like that.

We were on the 37 yard line, punting it only nets you so much.  Normally we would’ve kicked a fg but it was so cold that neither kicker was able to go beyond like 53 yards in the pregame.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22245 on: January 30, 2023, 03:16:37 PM »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22246 on: January 30, 2023, 03:18:09 PM »

I’ll stick with the guy that will have 3 Super Bowl appearances and is a first ballot HOF coach thank you very much

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22247 on: January 30, 2023, 03:21:00 PM »
This project contains a Twitter bot that automatically tweets every time there is a punt in an NFL game. It tweets each punt's "Surrender Index" - a completely arbitrary metric created by SB Nation's Jon Bois to quantify how cowardly a punt is.

That's a tongue in cheek description of the Twitter account. It's not arbitrary.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22248 on: January 30, 2023, 03:23:48 PM »

I’ll stick with the guy that will have 3 Super Bowl appearances and is a first ballot HOF coach thank you very much

Like I said, Andy Reid is a great coach that is phenomenal at a lot of aspects of coaching. I hope he coaches the Chiefs for the next 15 years. There are some aspects where he falls short, like managing the clock, game management and strategy decisions, e.g. challenging a clear incompletion.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22249 on: January 30, 2023, 03:25:29 PM »
Justwin more like Justwhine..