Author Topic: The official goEMAW Swimming Pool thread.  (Read 6020 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: The official goEMAW Swimming Pool thread.
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2023, 07:37:22 PM »
Lmao, you guys let big soap and big shampoo convince you that using their chemical products on your skin daily is a good choice.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE.
Just asking questions

:users:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2023, 08:58:22 AM »
a lot to unpack there

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2023, 09:15:51 AM »
I can't get my photo sizes small enough but the before and after of my pool are so satisfying.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2023, 09:39:28 AM »
https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/2023/06/26/dunedin-man-fired-30-ar-15-rounds-pool-cleaner-he-thought-was-intruder-sheriff-says/

be careful out there AST

I've never had a pool but when I've stayed at Airbnb's with pools it's always jarring when the random pool guy shows up at a random time. So I kind of get where this guy is coming from

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2023, 10:13:18 AM »
“This is one of those situations we call lawful but awful.”

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2023, 10:39:35 AM »
https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/2023/06/26/dunedin-man-fired-30-ar-15-rounds-pool-cleaner-he-thought-was-intruder-sheriff-says/

be careful out there AST

I've never had a pool but when I've stayed at Airbnb's with pools it's always jarring when the random pool guy shows up at a random time. So I kind of get where this guy is coming from

yeah, that would be weird, but not as weird as seeing someone in your backyard and your first instinct is to start blasting. These people are rough ridin' bonkers.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2023, 10:47:39 AM »

be careful out there AST

yeah, that would be weird, but not as weird as seeing someone in your backyard and your first instinct is to start blasting. These people are rough ridin' bonkers.

The real bonkers ones are the ones who get the gun when someone noses into their drive and is backing back out.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2023, 11:19:05 AM »

be careful out there AST

The real bonkers ones are the ones who get the gun when someone noses into their drive and is backing back out.

Just saw one of those this past week. Kids turned around in a driveway and the lunatic followed them down the street and held them at gunpoint for a while. Its a crazy ass world out there. Its very sad that there are so many people out there scared of their own shadows and/or just plain angry as eff that do crap like this.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2023, 12:01:17 PM »
Do we already have a "More evidence this country has gone to crap" thread?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2023, 11:55:54 PM »

be careful out there AST

True story our neighbor posted on a neighborhood message board (can’t remember if it was FB or NextDoor) about a suspicious guy in a red shirt and straw hat was peeking over their fence and luckily she was able to get him to leave when she screamed.

Someone responded, “that’s the power guy double checking your meter.”

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2023, 06:39:30 AM »
I have only had a gun pointed at me 2 times in 20 years in a yard.  Once by a cop and once by a homeowner.  I never returned to either property and told my boss at the time to send someone else or pound sand. 

I do have companies quite frequently ask me why a job is not done yet and I asked them why their customer has not returned my call to schedule yet and they say the visit is approved just go dk it and I have to remind them that I never go into a yard until I personally speak with the customer for reasons such as this.

People have gone crazy about what is considered a shootable offense by the homeowner and unfortunately I think our current judicial system support it.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2023, 08:49:24 PM »
Today at work someone unintentionally blew themselves up after mixing some pool chemicals incorrectly. This settled the debate w my wife about getting a pool.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2023, 09:55:34 PM »
Your work has a pool?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2023, 10:08:34 PM »
Today at work someone unintentionally blew themselves up after mixing some pool chemicals incorrectly. This settled the debate w my wife about getting a pool.

Did he die from it?

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2023, 07:04:41 AM »

Did he die from it?

Do not think he will die. Pretty severe injuries though.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2023, 07:05:20 AM »
Your work has a pool?

Hmm no. Someone called 911 after they saw their neighbor get exploded.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2023, 07:49:52 AM »
Upon further review, we are no longer going to install a swimming pool.  We are going to divert those funds to buying a lake house instead.
@mikec2w

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2023, 08:01:30 AM »
Bueno
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2023, 08:06:16 AM »
Upon further review, we are no longer going to install a swimming pool.  We are going to divert those funds to buying a lake house instead.
Smart. Now don’t do the dumb thing and get something on the same latitude. Go north my man. Great Lakes region.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2023, 08:15:30 AM »
Even smarter would be to take the down payment cash and go to a different Airbnb every summer. Try different latitudes! Go to the ocean some years!

Of course, I'm lazy and a lake house seems like an enormous anchor/pain in the ass.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2023, 08:30:07 AM »
Smart. Now don’t do the dumb thing and get something on the same latitude. Go north my man. Great Lakes region.

We have some friends who live about a mile north of Green Lake so we will definitely make that trip.  I need something that is a two to three hour drive away to make it worthwhile owning.  Maybe once I retire, we will find something in the north for the summer and the south for the winter.
@mikec2w

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2023, 02:46:31 PM »
AST,

What are your thoughts on Hayward's Expertline Line of pool equipment?

We have yet to finalize the design or determine if we are going the salt or chlorine route. Any input on that is welcome.  Fully aware the pool is a money pit and we aren't getting a return on our investment when we sell this house, but it's too damn hot in Texas to not have a pool.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2023, 03:32:47 PM »
Even smarter would be to take the down payment cash and go to a different Airbnb every summer. Try different latitudes! Go to the ocean some years!

Of course, I'm lazy and a lake house seems like an enormous anchor/pain in the ass.
My wife basically talked me into this option. We decided we’re only going to buy a “vacation” property if we’d live in it at least 3 months out of the year. Otherwise it’s a heck of a burden that ties you down to a travel destination for the handful of trips you’d take there every year.

Unless you’re doing it for cash flow purposes in which case it’s really more of an investment property than vacation.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2023, 06:58:34 PM »

My dad was going to buy a cabin in Colorado before prices exploded. This is my parents’ plan now.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls