Author Topic: Lawn Care  (Read 108691 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Lawn Care
« Reply #1250 on: March 12, 2024, 09:11:01 PM »
i’ve been doing the same thing with my weekends- I finally got all of the straggler leaves out of the beds.  my neighbors on each side kinda suck at this stuff so I just went onto their property and got the leaves I needed to get gone from there too. 

last week I cut down all off the long grass plant things (4 of them). I guess they regrow every year but you need to trim them to little stubs.

tomorrow i’m getting my new EarthWay 2600A spreader delivered which i’ll use this weekend to put down the scotts max crabgrass preventer that’s on sale for $15 off right now at costco.  pretty hyped about this spreader tbh.

last october I planted 100 tulip bulbs and 50 hyacinth bulbs and i’m really excited to be celebrating the fruits of that labor right now as those bitches are popping up everywhere.

yet to be seen- the hydrangeas I planted last fall.  it’s not been seen since november.  fingers rough ridin' crossed.
That’s a lot of tulips.  Our first one bloomed today. 

The ‘drangeas will come.  You might go and pull some mulch off if they’re covered at all.  Might be some green popping up.  Ours are starting to wake up a bit, though one is still sleeping.  Some water might also help them.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 12, 2024, 09:27:01 PM »
i’ve been doing the same thing with my weekends- I finally got all of the straggler leaves out of the beds.  my neighbors on each side kinda suck at this stuff so I just went onto their property and got the leaves I needed to get gone from there too. 

last week I cut down all off the long grass plant things (4 of them). I guess they regrow every year but you need to trim them to little stubs.

tomorrow i’m getting my new EarthWay 2600A spreader delivered which i’ll use this weekend to put down the scotts max crabgrass preventer that’s on sale for $15 off right now at costco.  pretty hyped about this spreader tbh.

last october I planted 100 tulip bulbs and 50 hyacinth bulbs and i’m really excited to be celebrating the fruits of that labor right now as those bitches are popping up everywhere.

yet to be seen- the hydrangeas I planted last fall.  it’s not been seen since november.  fingers rough ridin' crossed.

I forgot for a moment I wasn't in the Ape Room.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 13, 2024, 12:00:51 AM »

Sooooo.....are any of your tulips coming up and about to bloom? 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Lawn Care
« Reply #1253 on: March 13, 2024, 05:03:59 AM »

Sooooo.....are any of your tulips coming up and about to bloom?
yes the ones in the front yard that face south and get the most sun are getting very close to blooming, two already have

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 13, 2024, 08:17:19 AM »
I used to love getting out and doing the yard work, but now I consider paying someone almost every year and never do it. I have a pretty big yard and the prior owners didn't do crap so it took like 5 years to get it back in to shape. I still deal with some stuff that was left over from them. God Damn Yard Onions!!!!! Its just a lot of work and i'd much rather be doing other crap when I have free time off from running kids around. Still planning on getting a robot mower when my rider dies. That will maybe help a bit.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 13, 2024, 08:46:09 AM »
have a newly seeded yard...just picked up one of these babies. I'm too lazy to move the sprinkler many times a day so I'm hoping this will help.

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 13, 2024, 10:30:33 AM »
have a newly seeded yard...just picked up one of these babies. I'm too lazy to move the sprinkler many times a day so I'm hoping this will help.

what you want is an in-ground sprinkler system

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1257 on: March 13, 2024, 12:01:21 PM »

Move the hose daily to avoid the yellow trail.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 13, 2024, 02:17:48 PM »

coming this summer/fall.

also first thing I read in the box was "not recommended for newly seeded lawns" :lol:

It's got stuck twice already...mainly due to the slope of the lawn and the placement of the hose. I may need to rework that.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 13, 2024, 02:42:51 PM »

coming this summer/fall.

also first thing I read in the box was "not recommended for newly seeded lawns" :lol:

It's got stuck twice already...mainly due to the slope of the lawn and the placement of the hose. I may need to rework that.
hell yeah man can’t wait to read about how much you love it. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: March 13, 2024, 05:17:48 PM »
DILEMMA: I need to overseed my lawn right now. It has lots of bare patches and is basically a joke. But if I seed now I can't put down crabgrass preventer for like 6 weeks. What do I do??

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 13, 2024, 08:24:18 PM »
DILEMMA: I need to overseed my lawn right now. It has lots of bare patches and is basically a joke. But if I seed now I can't put down crabgrass preventer for like 6 weeks. What do I do??
wait until october and seed it then otherwise you will be wasting your time and money which I assume you have tons of but still might as well wait anyway