Author Topic: Come here and give mama some Suga (Bowl) hot tips  (Read 16031 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Come here and give mama some Suga (Bowl) hot tips
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2022, 04:09:52 PM »
What are the NYE plans? Trying to decide if a party is worth it after a whole day of football/booze

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2022, 05:57:15 PM »
What are the NYE plans? Trying to decide if a party is worth it after a whole day of football/booze

I was having this exact conversation with my 90's series lady friend. My plan was bar crawl to the game, watch cats win, walk back to bourbon street to celebrate/watch the CFP and be in bed by 8-9pmish.

She was thinking we could take a nap that afternoon/evening then go out but I'm not sure that is going to work. It will definitely not work if we win since it will be shirts off shots on mode.

I also have no desire to deal with bourbon street on NYE around midnight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2022, 06:09:28 PM »
You should only deal with Bourbon street by having one walk (one way, not back).  Stop at Pat O’Briens, have a hurricane/drink or two.  Then never go up/down Bourbon street again. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2022, 06:53:27 PM »

Exactly. Bourbon is fun anytime, no need for rocket fuel version of amateur night there.

Don't listen to Dax, Bourbon is fun, especially during the day. I make a walk down it every time I'm there.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2022, 07:32:47 PM »

I was having this exact conversation with my 90's series lady friend. My plan was bar crawl to the game, watch cats win, walk back to bourbon street to celebrate/watch the CFP and be in bed by 8-9pmish.

She was thinking we could take a nap that afternoon/evening then go out but I'm not sure that is going to work. It will definitely not work if we win since it will be shirts off shots on mode.

Plenty of quarter that's not bourbon. If memory of watching NYE celebrations serves me accurately the fireworks and countdown is in Jackson Square.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2022, 07:56:25 PM »
You should only deal with Bourbon street by having one walk (one way, not back).  Stop at Pat O’Briens, have a hurricane/drink or two.  Then never go up/down Bourbon street again.

Our hotel is right next to Pat O'Briens  :surprised: so we will get the main strip on the way there then might take some streets 1-2 blocks off bourbon to get back after the game to catch some new bars.

At a Bachelor party in the the past we learned you only order ONE hurricane then move on. That amount of sugar/booze will wreck you.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2022, 11:32:01 PM »
Bourbon is great, especially if you've never been to NOLA. There's such a variety of different types of bars and restaurants. It's a very cool scene. When we all come back, y'all who aren't going with 15 rough ridin' kids, don't be ashamed to tell us about your tales from Bourbon and how much fun you had. Do the touristy crap, that's the point. Have a hurricane, have two hand grenades and get them in the plastic cups that look like hand grenades. Go to the Cat's Meow, my favorite bar in the world, and sing some karaoke. Go to one of the cheap walk up restaurants and eat some gator. If it's your thing, go to one of the seeming 10 hustler's strip clubs. Stop in to Krystal late night for a bag of knockoff White Castles, but more importantly for the fuckery that happens. Definitely go up past Bourbon and St. Ann and see a drag show. Do pop into the House of Voodoo.

Don't worry about being a tourist, your in rough ridin' New Orleans, watching your team in the rough ridin' sugar bowl, on rough ridin' new years eve. If you can't enjoy being a sloppy, fun loving, yankee tourist under these circumstances, when can you ever enjoy excess. Live it up gents. Leave the off the beaten path stuff for those of us who can't have a blast on Bourbon, or leave it for the next trip, or the trip after.

The next time I'm in NOLA, for a work convention in '24, I'll definitely be back to my hotel, the Crowne Plaza, right on the corner of Bourbon and Canal, ready for fuckery of my own. Last time I was there I had two, very pretty, sex workers follow me to my room, hoping for a good time. I wasn't into that much fuckery.

New Orleans is one of our greatest cities, enjoy it!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2022, 11:35:01 PM »
Bourbon is great, especially if you've never been to NOLA. There's such a variety of different types of bars and restaurants. It's a very cool scene. When we all come back, y'all who aren't going with 15 rough ridin' kids, don't be ashamed to tell us about your tales from Bourbon and how much fun you had. Do the touristy crap, that's the point. Have a hurricane, have two hand grenades and get them in the plastic cups that look like hand grenades. Go to the Cat's Meow, my favorite bar in the world, and sing some karaoke. Go to one of the cheap walk up restaurants and eat some gator. If it's your thing, go to one of the seeming 10 hustler's strip clubs. Stop in to Krystal late night for a bag of knockoff White Castles, but more importantly for the fuckery that happens. Definitely go up past Bourbon and St. Ann and see a drag show. Do pop into the House of Voodoo.

Don't worry about being a tourist, your in rough ridin' New Orleans, watching your team in the rough ridin' sugar bowl, on rough ridin' new years eve. If you can't enjoy being a sloppy, fun loving, yankee tourist under these circumstances, when can you ever enjoy excess. Live it up gents. Leave the off the beaten path stuff for those of us who can't have a blast on Bourbon, or leave it for the next trip, or the trip after.

The next time I'm in NOLA, for a work convention in '24, I'll definitely be back to my hotel, the Crowne Plaza, right on the corner of Bourbon and Canal, ready for fuckery of my own. Last time I was there I had two, very pretty, sex workers follow me to my room, hoping for a good time. I wasn't into that much fuckery.

:thumbs:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2022, 11:41:59 PM »
We’re doing some fancy riverboat thing to watch the fireworks.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2022, 06:43:59 AM »

This is a great post.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2022, 07:48:55 AM »
Bourbon is great. I mean it’s terrible and stupid, but like MIR said, that’s the point. And it will be crawling with Tater Grapes after the game  and we’ll be able to taunt the 20 Alabama fans we see. I’ve done Bourbon 10,000 times when people come visit and it’s always at least a little but fun, even on night when I’m not into it. The gay bar section is a blast, the trashy decor of Tropical Isle is a blast, the cover bands incessantly playing Bon Jovi songs are a blast. It’s gross and trashy but it’s good fun. It will never be crawling with as many EMAWs as this NYE right after the game, so take advantage. I promise you will run into someone you know that you weren’t expecting to.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2022, 10:16:36 AM »

This is a great post.

And 110% spot on.  Expect the juxtaposition of a Hustler club to a sit-down restaurant to a walk-up bar to a tourist trinket storefront and just embrace the place.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2022, 11:34:43 AM »

This is a great post.

Exactly.

I wasn't joking earlier about Oz (the flagship of bourbon and St. Ann) mentioned above.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2022, 02:51:40 PM »
Final list for cool people who are not posers -

Willa Jean - Brunch
Compere Lapin
Birdy's
Turkey and the Wolf - If you're in the mood for a great sandwich

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2022, 04:48:31 PM »
Wolf sandwich?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2022, 05:00:09 PM »
MiR has me ready to run through a historic 18th century brick wall

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2022, 05:01:00 PM »
There has to be an emaw 2nd line right? Maybe Friday night pregame?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2022, 05:32:19 PM »
I think the parade on Friday afternoon is the best you're gonna get. They're selling spots on the K-State float for $300 a pop. I think it covers with beers too.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2022, 05:40:23 PM »

Great write up, the BAR - RESTAURANT - STRIP CLUB - TRINKET SHOP - TO GO DAIQUIRI STAND - BAR on repeat up and down Bourbon is so much fun and very unique to Nawleans.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2022, 07:55:33 PM »

Great write up, the BAR - RESTAURANT - STRIP CLUB - TRINKET SHOP - TO GO DAIQUIRI STAND - BAR on repeat up and down Bourbon is so much fun and very unique to Nawleans.
The issue is the derps who do that multiple days in a row. 

If grown ass adults want to relive college again, cool. 

Intelligent people strategically engage Bourbon Street and them move on to things that are vastly superior in every way in other parts of The Big Easy.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2022, 08:38:52 PM »
This is the only place I remember by name from my 3-4 days there with a GC-centric dual bachelor party. RIP.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/artist-cafe-new-orleans

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2022, 09:08:15 PM »
There has to be an emaw 2nd line right? Maybe Friday night pregame?

skinnybenny got busy and didn't file the permits! Just going to have to do it ad hoc.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2022, 10:17:41 PM »
This is the only place I remember by name from my 3-4 days there with a GC-centric dual bachelor party. RIP.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/artist-cafe-new-orleans

Pro Tip:  Burger King down the street is a better option.  :flush:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2022, 10:15:43 AM »
So someone mentioned getting a pak going. Is anyone still interested in that? If so, which day?

Something that would be really easy would be this:
Friday, December 30, I’m planning on going to the Sugar Bowl parade at 2:30, then taking my kids to the pep rally at the Morial Convention Center. (I know, pep rallies are kinda lame but I’ll have my kids for that and they’ll be imto it. Plus, they serve booze drinks so not as terrible as most pep rallies?) Then after the pep rally, it’s pak time at Urban South?

Urban South is a great brewery in town and it’s a stone’s throw across a convention center parking lot and grass field from the concention center pep rally. I could ditch my kids between the pep rally and the pak and get a couple hours of good boozing in before calling it an earlyish night to save most of my rocket sauce for the game the next morning. www.urbansouth.com

Anyone interested in that? I know not everyone will get into town by then, so I’m open to alternatives. Or no pak at all; I know NOLA is a destination bowl trip and everyone has their own ideas of what they wanna do.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 10:19:51 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2022, 11:05:54 AM »
I'll have a group to "manage" at that point so can't commit fully and we may not do the pep rally.

Wonder what hall the pep rally is in.As you know that's a long MF'er. One place I thought of is Sidecar when you talked about doing it after the pep rally as it's pretty close depending on where it is but given I'm not saying I'm going don't listen to me.