Author Topic: Tulane  (Read 9856 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Tulane
« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2022, 07:34:24 PM »
I don’t think so. Tulane might end up being pretty solid and maybe even good. Marshall was the worst one imo. I know Ell was hurt but man, that 2003 team was so goddamn good.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BoondockSooner

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 17, 2022, 08:01:54 PM »
Tulane is an incredible football team. Do not panic.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2022, 08:07:41 PM »
Tulane is an incredible football team. Do not panic.
Lol
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 17, 2022, 08:08:19 PM »
Where does this rank in terms of all time worst losses? Not quite as bad as north Dakota but worse than Marshall?
Arkansas State was probably worse

Oh good point! I had somehow managed to psychologically block that one out. That was bad
This one is worse

Way worse. This is Klieman year for, and we’re looking like complete crap in a home non con loss. Maybe Klein should eat a rough ridin' cheeseburger and teach his QB how to sack up and get crap done.

IIRC Arky State had some stud receiver who went on to the NFL.  Tulane is solid but doesn't have anyone line that, this was a crap performance by our offense so therefore far worse than Arkansas State.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 17, 2022, 08:09:39 PM »
What a sack of crap. Ruined my Jamaican vacation. Goddammit, such trash. Feel bad for the Defense.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2022, 08:55:58 PM »
Espn+ stopped working at the watch party when it was still 0-0. Probably a blessing on a few fronts. Call for hyperlocal anecdotes.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2022, 09:01:45 PM »
It's such a piece of crap
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 17, 2022, 09:17:00 PM »
I still can’t get over AM getting the yips on pitching on that option.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 17, 2022, 09:19:21 PM »
Espn+ stopped working at the watch party when it was still 0-0. Probably a blessing on a few fronts. Call for hyperlocal anecdotes.

Yeah, my ESPN+ worked fine on the ESPN app on my TV for the first half, switched over to watch our sunflower brothers at half and when I came back it made me start from the 1st quarter and wouldnt let me fast forward. I could still watch it on my phone with no issues and eventually figured out that if I fired up my xbox and watched it on the ESPN app on there it was not an issue.

How does that even happen?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 17, 2022, 09:20:54 PM »
I still can’t get over AM getting the yips on pitching on that option.

CK7 needs to put AM9 through some Oklahoma Drills in the parking lot until he is no longer afraid of making contact.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 17, 2022, 09:28:12 PM »

Yeah, my ESPN+ worked fine on the ESPN app on my TV for the first half, switched over to watch our sunflower brothers at half and when I came back it made me start from the 1st quarter and wouldnt let me fast forward. I could still watch it on my phone with no issues and eventually figured out that if I fired up my xbox and watched it on the ESPN app on there it was not an issue.

Can confirm, happened on my tv as well.  I just gave up.  Sounds like it was for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 17, 2022, 10:00:01 PM »
Really bad miscalculation by the staff. 3 years from now we will find out that Klein didn’t like rubley because jakes not religious

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2022, 12:38:43 AM »
https://twitter.com/DerekYoungKSO/status/1571271777753391106?s=20&t=hgtBldcdoy9Bq0_LGgz1wQ

Odd timing

Who?
Transfer from Missouri who moved to LB (from safety).  He appeared top of the depth chart, but sounded like injuries were an issue so far.

I’d leave too if Austin Moore was playing in front of me. Nothing against Austin but Shawn has x1000 more talent and skill.

Three schools in three seasons says otherwise

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2022, 12:41:37 AM »
Where does this rank in terms of all time worst losses? Not quite as bad as north Dakota but worse than Marshall?

Oh good point! I had somehow managed to psychologically block that one out. That was bad
This one is worse

Non elite college football programs lose games like this all the damn time, the margins are too thin and college football players and coaches aren't that good.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2022, 12:48:30 AM »

This one is worse

Way worse. This is Klieman year for, and we’re looking like complete crap in a home non con loss. Maybe Klein should eat a rough ridin' cheeseburger and teach his QB how to sack up and get crap done.

IIRC Arky State had some stud receiver who went on to the NFL.  Tulane is solid but doesn't have anyone line that, this was a crap performance by our offense so therefore far worse than Arkansas State.

Jonathan Adams was never drafted. Later that season he got charged after he was smoking weed in his car that was parked in a handicapped spot. Cop came up to the car and he also admitted he had an unlicenced gun in the car. The Lions signed him as to a free agent contract, he got cut, then like a week later he got a 6 game PED suspension from the NFL and never played a second of NFL football.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2022, 07:38:22 AM »

This one is worse

Non elite college football programs lose games like this all the damn time, the margins are too thin and college football players and coaches aren't that good.

I get that. This one is different to me because the coaches are playing a QB that can’t/won’t do half of what a QB is supposed to do. He’s high/low on 80% of his passes. Once he starts to role out he refuses to look/throw down field. The most frustrating part to me is knowing the season will have to bottom out before they make a switch. This game wasn’t just a bad game. It’s who we are on offense & it’s going to waste this defense.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2022, 07:58:16 AM »
This one also feels different because the expectations for the season were so high.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2022, 08:10:00 AM »
This one also feels different because the expectations for the season were so high.

I’m having a very hard time not thinking this is 2004 all over again, but it’s wasting a much better defense.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2022, 09:29:14 AM »
recency bias

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2022, 09:40:21 AM »
Martinez had a first and ten late in the game (last drive?) and just ran out of bounds ten feet before he got close to the defender. That left us with a second and four and then third and three and then 4th and one that we non shockingly didn’t covert. Never thought I’d say this but why not give someone else a shot. That dude really didn’t seem to care. I’m not asking him to put his body in harms way or initiate contact but he easily could’ve made it 2nd and two instead of second and four with just a mild amount of effort with the game completely on the line.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2022, 10:03:49 AM »
recency bias

The guy was a turnover machine that shattered his jaw/shredded his should & now turtles at everything.  Unless they’re going to Rube Baker him & have him start reciting playmate bios as he plays, I’m not sure what further back data there is offset the recent data that results in him being a good QB.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2022, 10:07:05 AM »
recency bias

The guy was a turnover machine that shattered his jaw/shredded his should & now turtles at everything.  Unless they’re going to Rube Baker him & have him start reciting playmate bios as he plays, I’m not sure what further back data there is offset the recent data that results in him being a good QB.
It couldn’t hurt

it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2022, 10:17:34 AM »
To his credit on the passing, he’s probably doing close to what they asked him to do thinking the OL wasn’t going to crap the bed.  Adrian’s performance is taking the heat off that shitshow.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2022, 10:25:18 AM »
I think they have to play panzer at Center and Leingang at RG if KT can go next week. Gillum can’t hack.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2022, 10:42:27 AM »

Can confirm, happened on my tv as well.  I just gave up.  Sounds like it was for the better.

Same