Author Topic: Tulane  (Read 9685 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Tulane
« Reply #250 on: September 18, 2022, 11:36:05 AM »
recency bias

The guy was a turnover machine that shattered his jaw/shredded his should & now turtles at everything.  Unless they’re going to Rube Baker him & have him start reciting playmate bios as he plays, I’m not sure what further back data there is offset the recent data that results in him being a good QB.

The recency bias is in thinking this loss is anything close to Arkansas State and others mentioned, I'm not sure this loss is any worse than the '19 and '20 losses to West Virginia.

I've been pretty clear that I think Martinez is broken mentally and probably physically. I would wonder about the lack of confidence in what's behind Martinez

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2022, 11:50:01 AM »
recency bias

The guy was a turnover machine that shattered his jaw/shredded his should & now turtles at everything.  Unless they’re going to Rube Baker him & have him start reciting playmate bios as he plays, I’m not sure what further back data there is offset the recent data that results in him being a good QB.

The recency bias is in thinking this loss is anything close to Arkansas State and others mentioned, I'm not sure this loss is any worse than the '19 and '20 losses to West Virginia.

I've been pretty clear that I think Martinez is broken mentally and probably physically. I would wonder about the lack of confidence in what's behind Martinez

My bad.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Tulane
« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2022, 12:08:17 PM »
recency bias

Probably anecdotal, but as a NYG fan i’ve enjoyed watching 3 coaching staffs try to fix Daniel Jones turnover issue.  The Jason Garrett/Joe Judge experience broke him to the point of only throwing check downs and running routes no longer than sticks on 3rd down.  It was abysmal to watch.  And now that we have Kafka and Daboll, they are doing everything to get Jones to “let it rip”. And so far the only thing we’ve seen in game is sterling shepherd running wide open.

** im not entirely sure it’s fixable for either Martinez or Jones is what im getting at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 18, 2022, 01:02:16 PM »
Man guys that game really sucked some ass yesterday huh?  :flush:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 18, 2022, 01:06:29 PM »
Man guys that game really sucked some ass yesterday huh?  :flush:
Yea, how many weeks until something makes me feel better? Prior to season I felt pretty damn good going to Norman, but reactionary or not, I think OU puts it on us.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 25, 2022, 02:33:44 PM »
WTF did the Tulane QB put on his neck

interesting!

The band, which is made with similar material as a Fitbit, wraps around the back of the neck and places about 1.2 pounds of pressure on the internal jugular vein, which carries oxygen-free blood from the brain back to the heart.

This increases the blood volume in the skull, providing extra cushion and an airbag effect for the brain against the skull during any impact against or to the head.

“Just putting a little bit of a kink in the hose of the jugular vein or collar is enough to place a teaspoon or two (more blood) in the brain, and that seems to be sort of like bubble wrap or it limits the brain’s ability to move,” said Julian Bailes, Chief Medical Advisor for Q30.

The Q-Collar received FDA approval after the organization assessed the safety and effectiveness of the Q-Collar through several studies. One study featured 284 teenage high school football players. The study found “no significant changes” in deeper tissues of the brain in 77% of the players who wore the Q-Collar compared with only 27% that didn’t wear it.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/q-collar-medical-device-limit-concussions-college-football-nfl?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=BrettMcMurphy

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 25, 2022, 04:32:58 PM »
Sketti-brain voodoo

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 25, 2022, 09:00:32 PM »
We need to get all Katz QB's that ASAP and run them 25 times a game.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 25, 2022, 09:10:00 PM »
man, that's really cool.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 25, 2022, 09:42:08 PM »
Say what you want about this barbaric sport, but until it dies it’s going to fund a crap ton of research on brain health.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 25, 2022, 10:23:35 PM »
Say what you want about this barbaric sport, but until it dies it’s going to fund a crap ton of research on brain health.

The football gods hath giveth more than they’ve taketh away.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 25, 2022, 11:07:06 PM »

The football gods hath giveth more than they’ve taketh away.

ummm, nah

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2022, 12:47:19 AM »
How is every player not using it? Incredible results for something so simple.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2022, 01:19:23 AM »

Still new technology, same goes for newer helmet technology that not all players and teams are using yet. The more people that use those collars the more people wearing them will get concussions tho.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2022, 08:11:36 AM »
Can we get one for our QB's shoulders too?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2022, 11:55:27 PM »
Where does this rank in terms of all time worst losses? Not quite as bad as north Dakota but worse than Marshall?
Arkansas State was probably worse

Oh good point! I had somehow managed to psychologically block that one out. That was bad
This one is worse

Way worse. This is Klieman year four, and we’re looking like complete crap in a home non con loss. Maybe Klein should eat a rough ridin' cheeseburger and teach his QB how to sack up and get crap done.

oof
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2022, 01:25:09 AM »

Still new technology, same goes for newer helmet technology that not all players and teams are using yet. The more people that use those collars the more people wearing them will get concussions tho.

they should say f it and implement it, a whole season of 32 teams doing it should be a big sample size