Author Topic: Greg's Chant of the week thread  (Read 10900 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Greg's Chant of the week thread
« on: September 06, 2022, 10:48:54 AM »
ITT I will try to change *The Chant*, not that it needs to be changed from the OG but it feels as if that the student section needs a bit of the push in the other direction. If I recall "can his ass" was quite successful when Bill needed to be pushed out so here I am putting my  :th_twocents: on the debate. The chant of course must follow the same syllable count as the OG. EFF K-U

This week we welcome (meh, not really) the dorks from across the river back into our lovely state's borders back to the best conference that they once abandoned to become an ok kinda bad football team.

This week's chant is simply:

EFF MIZ-ZOU[/b]

Got it?! Simple but effective. Figure it out students, get jiggy with it.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:56:04 AM by GregKSU1027 »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline surly

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Greg's Chant of the week thread
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 11:45:42 AM »
ass clowns like you will put "the wabash" away just as you did sandstorm.  congrats for being so thoroughly ignorant and embarrassing to k-state.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 11:46:20 AM »
ass clowns like you will put "the wabash" away just as you did sandstorm.  congrats for being so thoroughly ignorant and embarrassing to k-state.
This is a family board, surly, calm the heck down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 02:53:42 PM »

a*s clowns like you will put "the wabash" away just as you did sandstorm.  congrats for being so thoroughly ignorant and embarrassing to k-state.

Edited to make OP family friendly.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 03:30:02 PM »

a*s clowns like you will put "the wabash" away just as you did sandstorm.  congrats for being so thoroughly ignorant and embarra*sing to k-state.

Edited to make OP family friendly.
Same

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 04:24:02 PM »
Being an ignorant, ZEAL filled maniac is an absolute blast though  :emawkid:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 04:27:02 PM »
Greg, I will be chanting eff-miz-zou from my couch on Saturday, thank you for bringing awareness to this issue.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 09:06:32 PM »
Stupid on both sides

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2022, 09:12:20 PM »
The counter chant should definitely be SHUT UP GREG!

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2022, 10:55:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/landonian87/status/1567323038563041282?t=rXOT6Cml1_G743V7bdx0mg&s=19

which part are they saying eff ku? are they swapping it for the kkkkkkkk sssssssss uuuuuuuuuuuu at the end? or is it like ba bup bup budah bupahhh ba bup bup eff ku dinna dut dut dah, dadada, dibbadibba eff ku and so on?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2022, 11:34:04 PM »
They’re just chanting it kind of on beat kind of not, continuously.  Right when the full on sheep-humping starts.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2022, 01:35:34 AM »
I hate old ass men making excuses for it even more than I hate the people chanting eff ku at the worst college football program in all of those idiots lifetimes.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2022, 08:34:02 AM »
Stupid on both sides

what part of it is stupid from the band side of things

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2022, 08:34:51 AM »
Getting rid of the band seems like a way better option.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2022, 08:51:12 AM »
LOL rampage.

“The first time we hear ‘The Chant’ from now on at a football game we will no longer play Wabash during that game until the students decide to mature and realize they’re ruining the best game day tradition in the country,” one K-State band member said.

The song ‘Sandstorm’ has been played very rarely at games in recent years due to the same chant. K-State’s new head basketball coach Jerome Tang recently called for it to stop on social media.

Tracz and the band are encouraging K-State students to change their chant to ‘K-S-U’ so the long standing tradition can remain in place.

“The Pride [of Wildcat Land] is not going to support and be a vessel for that type of speech,” the band member who spoke to 27 News said.

Another source says Tracz doesn’t want K-State to be known for disrespecting another school.

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/kansas-state-wildcats/k-states-wabash-cannonball-tradition-could-be-going-away/

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2022, 09:00:03 AM »
I hate old ass men making excuses for it even more than I hate the people chanting eff ku at the worst college football program in all of those idiots lifetimes.
Yeah, that's really pathetic and frustrating.  I feel 1000 years old when I gripe about this, but come on.  There's a time and place I'm OK with that chant.  During the Wabash against South Dakota definitely ain't it.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2022, 09:00:42 AM »
LOL rampage.

“The first time we hear ‘The Chant’ from now on at a football game we will no longer play Wabash during that game until the students decide to mature and realize they’re ruining the best game day tradition in the country,” one K-State band member said.

The song ‘Sandstorm’ has been played very rarely at games in recent years due to the same chant. K-State’s new head basketball coach Jerome Tang recently called for it to stop on social media.

Tracz and the band are encouraging K-State students to change their chant to ‘K-S-U’ so the long standing tradition can remain in place.

“The Pride [of Wildcat Land] is not going to support and be a vessel for that type of speech,” the band member who spoke to 27 News said.

Another source says Tracz doesn’t want K-State to be known for disrespecting another school.

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/kansas-state-wildcats/k-states-wabash-cannonball-tradition-could-be-going-away/
Someone tell that nerd that literally nobody but band parents go to a football game to watch the band.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2022, 09:01:39 AM »
Yeah, that's really pathetic and frustrating.  I feel 1000 years old when I gripe about this, but come on.  There's a time and place I'm OK with that chant.  During the Wabash against South Dakota definitely ain't it.
Hey, fellow old guys, we did stupid crap in college, it’s their turn. It doesn’t hurt anything.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2022, 09:03:07 AM »
Hey, fellow old guys, we did stupid crap in college, it’s their turn. It doesn’t hurt anything.

It does hurt things. 

Because these geniuses can't help but chant swear words I don't get to hear the Wabash during football games, and I like hearing the wabash during football games.  Pretty linear, imo.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2022, 09:05:04 AM »
Those college kids at a college event better STFU so an old guy can hear the marching band

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2022, 09:07:41 AM »
Oh little surly you have so much to learn.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2022, 09:08:40 AM »
What if it's Mizzou Ozarkian hillbillies doing the chant this weekend?!?!?!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2022, 09:09:54 AM »
LOL rampage.

Someone tell that nerd that literally nobody but band parents go to a football game to watch the band.

Perhaps you're right. However a college football game is an experience. The band, the student section, the traditions, the cheer squad, the tailgating- all of it plays together for an amazing experience. Mrs. CF3 could take or leave watching the Cats on TV- but an in person game? She's all about that, and not because she really cares much for football.

So yes, it matters to not be dumb and to allow the band to play Wabash. Band isn't your thing? That's fine. But I'm guessing a lot of folks in the stade on a Saturday aren't following recruiting or reading stuff _FAN might write breaking down game film, and that's ok too.

We need to #1Cat here

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2022, 09:10:49 AM »
What if it's Mizzou Ozarkian hillbillies doing the chant this weekend?!?!?!

the chant has total mizzou vibes, all the more reason to distance ourselves from it.