Author Topic: Greg's Chant of the week thread  (Read 10934 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Greg's Chant of the week thread
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2022, 09:17:14 AM »
I think the band should just play Star Trek music instead.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2022, 09:18:51 AM »
Those college kids at a college event better STFU so an old guy can hear the marching band

Uh yeah.  It's not unreasonable to ask a group of young, college educated adults to not chant eff in unison during a K-State tradition.  What other family atmosphere would it be acceptable at?

This isn't crazy.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2022, 09:19:32 AM »
Lol, yeah the band doesn’t have some moral high ground after their Star Trek thing, which I’m also totally fine with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2022, 09:21:28 AM »
The school shouldn't be using the band to issue some sort of weird ultimatum to the group of dumbasses chanting "eff" at sporting events. If they really want it to stop, threaten to take away alcohol at tailgates.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2022, 09:22:32 AM »
Those college kids at a college event better STFU so an old guy can hear the marching band

Uh yeah.  It's not unreasonable to ask a group of young, college educated adults to not chant eff in unison during a K-State tradition.  What other family atmosphere would it be acceptable at?

This isn't crazy.
It’s just a word

It’s a good teaching moment. My kids knew from an early age that there are certain words that I’d rather they not say until they are older.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2022, 09:25:25 AM »
Are the anti-chant'rs solid on this position or is there room for compromise? I'm good with eff chants for mu, ou, and ku. Everyone else can be family friendly. Deal?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2022, 09:30:49 AM »
The school shouldn't be using the band to issue some sort of weird ultimatum

Yes. It really doesn't have anything at all to do with the bad. Or maybe Tracz is once again taking it upon himself to be self-important.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2022, 09:44:25 AM »
For what it’s worth I don’t think you will ever be able to control students/people by imposing authoritarian ultimatums. And I have resigned myself that unfortunately, people are eventually going to ruin everything I enjoy about college athletics. It’s inevitable so there’s no sense in me getting outraged about it. But for people that don’t think this is causing us to miss out on a great home atmosphere no matter who’s wrong or right, just look around at other stadiums game day experience. Virginia tech’s Enter the Sandman intro is amazing. Here’s the beginning of South Carolina’s intro using sandstorm. This is what we’re losing because of childish and stubborn behavior.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 09:48:48 AM by HugeCat »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2022, 09:45:12 AM »
What if while the kids are doing the chant, the band starts chanting "eff-the-chant"? The rest of the stadium can vote with their vocal chords and settle this once and for all.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2022, 09:48:07 AM »
The thing that I hate the most about these dipshits is that they know their chant gets the band to stop playing songs, and they aren't chanting during the Wildcat March, written by John Phillip Souza.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2022, 09:51:59 AM »
Trade proposal: everyone associated with KSU in any way agrees to permanently abolish the chant in exchange for everyone associated with KSU in any way to get fully vaccinated including booster shots going forward.

Who says no?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2022, 09:53:04 AM »
Are the anti-chant'rs solid on this position or is there room for compromise? I'm good with eff chants for mu, ou, and ku. Everyone else can be family friendly. Deal?
I think the chant should never be uttered during the Wabash.

I'm ambivalent on it during rivalry games.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2022, 10:07:39 AM »
A lot of things can be true:

1. yelling "eff KU" as a drunk 20 year old is a blast

2. It's probably not the smartest/most "mature" thing to do

3. Tracz/admin have made it worse

4. This has been blown out of proportion bc tracz/band weirdos have decided to go on a crusade about it. Lol at "we're not going to be known for disrespecting another team" when the band literally put a dick in a jayhawks mouth when we were playing some non-con opponent.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2022, 10:11:30 AM »

This is the point, if this was just done during KU games then I really wouldn't have an issue. It's stupid and very Texas Aggie/Little brother syndrome to be doing it at every game.

Online Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2022, 10:16:17 AM »
I want this on record. I 100% want us to be known for disrespecting other schools.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2022, 10:18:47 AM »
For what it’s worth I don’t think you will ever be able to control students/people by imposing authoritarian ultimatums. And I have resigned myself that unfortunately, people are eventually going to ruin everything I enjoy about college athletics. It’s inevitable so there’s no sense in me getting outraged about it. But for people that don’t think this is causing us to miss out on a great home atmosphere no matter who’s wrong or right, just look around at other stadiums game day experience. Virginia tech’s Enter the Sandman intro is amazing. Here’s the beginning of South Carolina’s intro using sandstorm. This is what we’re losing because of childish and stubborn behavior.

I didn't see a marching band involved in either of those awesome intros. 
@mikec2w

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2022, 10:24:06 AM »

I didn't see a marching band involved in either of those awesome intros.

just play sandstorm for like 45 minutes straight during pregame, let everyone chant whatever they want. the novelty of it will wear off eventually

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2022, 10:58:08 AM »

This is the point, if this was just done during KU games then I really wouldn't have an issue. It's stupid and very Texas Aggie/Little brother syndrome to be doing it at every game.

Similar to how EMAW isn't an acronym, I don't view The Chant as having anything to do with squawks anymore.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2022, 10:59:48 AM »
LOL rampage.

“The first time we hear ‘The Chant’ from now on at a football game we will no longer play Wabash during that game until the students decide to mature and realize they’re ruining the best game day tradition in the country,” one K-State band member said.

The song ‘Sandstorm’ has been played very rarely at games in recent years due to the same chant. K-State’s new head basketball coach Jerome Tang recently called for it to stop on social media.

Tracz and the band are encouraging K-State students to change their chant to ‘K-S-U’ so the long standing tradition can remain in place.

“The Pride [of Wildcat Land] is not going to support and be a vessel for that type of speech,” the band member who spoke to 27 News said.

Another source says Tracz doesn’t want K-State to be known for disrespecting another school.

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/kansas-state-wildcats/k-states-wabash-cannonball-tradition-could-be-going-away/
Someone tell that nerd that literally nobody but band parents go to a football game to watch the band.

This is very incorrect, but go off king. Maybe one day you'll actually attend a game.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2022, 11:04:28 AM »
LOL rampage.

“The first time we hear ‘The Chant’ from now on at a football game we will no longer play Wabash during that game until the students decide to mature and realize they’re ruining the best game day tradition in the country,” one K-State band member said.

The song ‘Sandstorm’ has been played very rarely at games in recent years due to the same chant. K-State’s new head basketball coach Jerome Tang recently called for it to stop on social media.

Tracz and the band are encouraging K-State students to change their chant to ‘K-S-U’ so the long standing tradition can remain in place.

“The Pride [of Wildcat Land] is not going to support and be a vessel for that type of speech,” the band member who spoke to 27 News said.

Another source says Tracz doesn’t want K-State to be known for disrespecting another school.

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/kansas-state-wildcats/k-states-wabash-cannonball-tradition-could-be-going-away/
Someone tell that nerd that literally nobody but band parents go to a football game to watch the band.

This is very incorrect, but go off king. Maybe one day you'll actually attend a game.
It's wild how little respect the band gets from a lot of people and how taken for granted they are.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2022, 11:06:31 AM »
I hate old ass men making excuses for it even more than I hate the people chanting eff ku at the worst college football program in all of those idiots lifetimes.
Yeah, that's really pathetic and frustrating.  I feel 1000 years old when I gripe about this, but come on.  There's a time and place I'm OK with that chant.  During the Wabash against South Dakota definitely ain't it.
Hey, fellow old guys, we did stupid crap in college, it’s their turn. It doesn’t hurt anything.

Ah, there it's is, there's the dumb ass excuse. This can be used to excuse literally any poor behavior, so I guess we're all mumped and should accept any and every bad behavior because people from previous generations weren't perfect.

Man, I'm glad my parents didn't ascribe to this same flawless logic and I had an expected standard of behavior, even I sometimes fell short.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2022, 11:11:01 AM »
LOL rampage.

It's wild how little respect the band gets from a lot of people and how taken for granted they are.

None of these people attend games so who gives a crap? You also don't have to like marching band music to respect the amount of focused hard work it takes to become good at playing a musical instrument.

Disrespecting focused discipline while providing excuses for an absence of discipline is telling about the people doing so. Pretty easy to mock and dismiss them.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2022, 11:12:28 AM »
Lol, yeah the band doesn’t have some moral high ground after their Star Trek thing, which I’m also totally fine with.

Every member of the current marching band were in elementary school when that happened.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2022, 11:13:25 AM »
Band geeks really outing themselves ITT

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2022, 11:18:27 AM »

I'm pro creativity. I take my kids to Sporting Kansas City matches and don't have an issue with the chants there. The eff ku chant, the way it's used now, is gratuitous. It really shouldn't be an issue to not do it during the wabash cannonball three months before we play KU.