Author Topic: Adrian Martinez…. American hero and soon to be NFL quarterback  (Read 12655 times)

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Adrian Martinez…. American hero and soon to be NFL quarterback
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2022, 03:23:19 PM »
He's a legit good person/kid

Lots of people rooting for him.

yes he truly seems like a really great person and a great teammate. I think people/media are happy to see him succeeding and I hope it continues. Even all the Nebraska fans I know are happy for him.

He's not a heisman contender though. He's thrown for 2 TDs and a total of 538 yards in 4 games.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2022, 03:43:09 PM »
He's a legit good person/kid

Lots of people rooting for him.

yes he truly seems like a really great person and a great teammate. I think people/media are happy to see him succeeding and I hope it continues. Even all the Nebraska fans I know are happy for him.

He's not a heisman contender though. He's thrown for 2 TDs and a total of 538 yards in 4 games.
Maybe he gets the  “Ricky Williams lifetime achievement” treatment  :dunno: :dunno:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2022, 05:44:31 PM »
Can he shoulder these potentially crushing expectations? You beat ONE overrated OU team ...
Of course he can! Idk why you’re being a hater here.

Who, me? I'm Just asking questions, folks.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2022, 06:07:30 PM »
I’m more concerned that his reconstructed shoulder won’t be able to pound the stone everyday until January.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2022, 07:31:13 PM »
I’m more concerned that his reconstructed shoulder won’t be able to pound the stone everyday until January.

I'm pretty sure this is why CK7 waited until the OU game to unleash the battering ram offense. Sure we lost the Tulane game but if that keeps AM9 healthy until the big12 title game it will be worth it.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2022, 07:34:37 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is why CK7 waited until the OU game to unleash the battering ram offense. Sure we lost the Tulane game but if that keeps AM9 healthy until the big12 title game it will be worth it.

Hopefully that performance scares defenses enough and opens up some more passing opportunities. Would hate for him to have to run it 20 times/game the rest of the year. Probably not a recipe for a healthy qb.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2022, 08:30:40 PM »
I’m beginning to think that Adrian Martinez may actually be a legitimate Heisman Trophy candidate. He got a lot of attention as the four year starter at Nebraska and there seems to be a lot of national interest in his career this year.
https://twitter.com/Outkick/status/1575202432761536512?s=20&t=kpRoUfikmoVIq7ospq3jIw

bruh

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2022, 08:38:40 PM »
I’m beginning to think that Adrian Martinez may actually be a legitimate Heisman Trophy candidate. He got a lot of attention as the four year starter at Nebraska and there seems to be a lot of national interest in his career this year.
[tweet]1575202432761536512[/tweet]?s=20&t=kpRoUfikmoVIq7ospq3jIw

bruh
lol. C’mon man, I’m on a roll.  You have to admit, it is unusual for a Kansas State quarterback to get this much national pub.  There seems to be a buzz.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2022, 08:43:46 PM »

bruh
lol. C’mon man, I’m on a roll.  You have to admit, it is unusual for a Kansas State quarterback to get this much national pub.  There seems to be a buzz.

I can't speak about outkick but Skylar got the same weekly awards and a lot of attention from national and niche media sites after he beat OU. Honestly, it's a bit of a backhand compliment when the media freaks out so much every time we beat those dirt farmers.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2022, 08:46:42 PM »

Hopefully that performance scares defenses enough and opens up some more passing opportunities. Would hate for him to have to run it 20 times/game the rest of the year. Probably not a recipe for a healthy qb.

Agree that if we run him 20 times a year we will break him. I think we should try to keep him around 10ish carries a game, 6-7 designed QB runs along with 3-4 scrambles...but if things get close and we need a 3rd and 2 conversion we should do what we know works.

Jake Waters averaged 12 carries a game his senior year and he was broken by the end of the season. AM9 is bigger but with his injury issues last season I don't think we should run him more than we ran Jake Waters.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2022, 08:47:38 PM »

bruh

I can't speak about outkick but Skylar got the same weekly awards and a lot of attention from national and niche media sites after he beat OU. Honestly, it's a bit of a backhand compliment when the media freaks out so much every time we beat those dirt farmers.
All right. You talked me off the ledge. Once again, you are the voice of reason.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2022, 08:51:21 PM »

bruh

All right. You talked me off the ledge. Once again, you are the voice of reason.

this is well beyond the attention Skylar got. Adrian Martinez was the #1 trending topic on twitter for 2 hrs sat night. it was probably the most attention k-state football has had since 2012

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2022, 08:58:30 PM »

bruh

this is well beyond the attention Skylar got. Adrian Martinez was the #1 trending topic on twitter for 2 hrs sat night. it was probably the most attention k-state football has had since 2012
Dammit, I knew I was right. MIR just comes across as so confident that I get intimidated and back down.  I should’ve known, there’s no way in hell that MIR had actual statistics to back up his claim that Skyler Thompson got the same amount of national publicity.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2022, 09:02:12 PM »
Martinez has definitely gotten a ton of hype. Media loves a good comeback story.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2022, 09:03:59 PM »
I'm so happy for him and I hope he keeps trucking, but he's not winning the Heisman.

Klein was definitely the best player out of Manti and Mansel and he finished 3rd, not 2nd, 3rd.

The only way a player for K-State is getting a Heisman is if he's so far and above better than every player out there and all the big schools don't have a guy to put up there.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2022, 09:06:25 PM »
I'm so happy for him and I hope he keeps trucking, but he's not winning the Heisman.

Klein was definitely the best player out of Manti and Mansel and he finished 3rd, not 2nd, 3rd.

The only way a player for K-State is getting a Heisman is if he's so far and above better than every player out there and all the big schools don't have a guy to put up there.

Since when does being the 'best' have anything to do with it?

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2022, 09:07:17 PM »
Martinez has definitely gotten a ton of hype. Media loves a good comeback story.

Thank you, old chum. This is my point. The Heisman has never been about who is the best statistical football player, it’s about who has the best media promotion. If the national media gets behind the feel good come back story of Adrian Martinez, momentum could build and he could actually win it. I’m not even saying that he would win it I’m saying that he might get invited to the award ceremony in New York just for being one of the top vote getters.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2022, 09:08:52 PM »

Exactly my point, muqluk, if that is your real name.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2022, 09:12:07 PM »
actually this story has less to do with martinez and everything to do with the national media hating nebraska and wanting to rub their face in their former qb’s success

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2022, 09:19:20 PM »
actually this story has less to do with martinez and everything to do with the national media hating nebraska and wanting to rub their face in their former qb’s success
Interesting take. Would the national media go so far as to give their Heisman vote to Adrian Martinez just to really stick it to the Cornhuskers?  I don’t know. But if Manti Te’o can win it, anything is possible.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2022, 09:51:35 PM »

Exactly my point, muqluk, if that is your real name.
All you are about to see are real events. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2022, 10:34:08 PM »

bruh

It was destined.

He's the closest thing we've had to ell roberson since ell roberson.

This is the most interesting KSU thing in nearly a decade.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2022, 10:42:51 PM »
Interesting take. Would the national media go so far as to give their Heisman vote to Adrian Martinez just to really stick it to the Cornhuskers?  I don’t know. But if Manti Te’o can win it, anything is possible.

Are you aware the Heisman is voted on by the past Heisman winners, and not the media.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2022, 10:54:23 PM »

Are you aware the Heisman is voted on by the past Heisman winners, and not the media.

:dunno:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2022, 10:56:10 PM »

Are you aware that Manti Teo didn’t win it? (I Googled.)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12