Author Topic: Adrian Martinez…. American hero and soon to be NFL quarterback  (Read 12653 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Adrian Martinez…. American hero and soon to be NFL quarterback
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2022, 09:43:24 AM »
This conversation got silly very quickly, but I will give HugeCat a little bit of credit. This was from Bill Connelly's weekly column

Feel free to use this on the other board as well, since you also pushed that narrative there as well

We're attempting an experiment this season: What happens if I award the Heisman every single week of the season and dole out weekly points, F1-style (in this case, 10 points for first place, 9 for second, etc.)? How will this Heisman race play out, and how different will the result be from the actual Heisman voting?

Here is this week's Heisman top 10:

1. Dorian Thompson-Robinson, UCLA (24-for-33 for 315 yards and three TDs, plus 53 rushing yards and one TD vs. Washington)

2. Jahmyr Gibbs, Alabama (18 carries for 206 yards and two TDs, plus 20 receiving yards vs. Arkansas)

3. Max Duggan, TCU (23-for-33 for 302 yards and three TDs, plus 116 rushing yards and two TDs vs. Oklahoma)

4. Drake Maye, UNC (26-for-36 for 363 yards and three TDs, plus 73 rushing yards and two TDs vs. Virginia Tech)

5. Adrian Martinez, Kansas State (12-for-19 for 116 yards and one TD, plus 171 rushing yards and three TDs vs. Texas Tech)

6. Clark Phillips III, Utah (three tackles, three interceptions, 1 pick six vs. Oregon State)

7. Miyan Williams, Ohio State (21 carries for 189 yards and five TDs, plus three receiving yards vs. Rutgers)

8. Jadrian Taylor, UTEP (four tackles, three sacks, one forced fumble, one 100-yard fumble return TD vs. Charlotte)

9. Garrett Shrader, Syracuse (17-for-17 for 238 yards and two TDs, plus one rushing TD vs. Wagner)

10. Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State (six tackles, three sacks, one forced fumble vs. Texas Tech)

Any of the top five could have taken the top prize this week. Martinez found his confidence last week against Oklahoma and kept things rolling with a couple of huge runs to keep Texas Tech at bay; this week, Duggan found his confidence against OU, ripping off a long touchdown run and landing a series of haymakers through the air. Meanwhile, Gibbs had fourth-quarter touchdown runs of 72 and 76 yards to put away Arkansas, and Maye's mistake-free early play has put him in elite company.
https://twitter.com/ADavidHaleJoint/status/1576590072245358593
They were all brilliant in Week 5. But we're going to give the nod to DTR. The fifth-year UCLA quarterback produced one of his best-ever performances in helping to take down Washington on Friday night in Pasadena. He was incredible with his arm, and he all but put the game away with a cruel and nasty juke in the third quarter.

Here are six more deserving honorable mentions:

• Dante Cephas, Kent State (13 catches for 246 yards and one TD vs. Ohio)

• Jayden De Laura, Arizona (33-for-46 for 484 yards and six TDs, plus 28 rushing yards vs. Colorado)

• Khalid Duke, Kansas State (eight tackles, three sacks vs. Texas Tech)

• Harrison Mevis, Missouri (5-for-5 on field goals, including 41-, 49-, 52 and 56-yarders, vs. Georgia)

• Monty Montgomery, Louisville (seven tackles, three TFLs, two sacks, two forced fumbles and an interception vs. Boston College)

• Caleb Williams, USC (27-for-37 for 348 yards, three TDs and one INT, plus 44 rushing yards and one TD vs. Arizona State)

Through five weeks, here are how the point totals have shaken out.

Jalon Daniels, Kansas (24 points)
Bryce Young, Alabama (17)
Caleb Williams, USC (16)
Stetson Bennett, Georgia (15)
C.J. Stroud, Ohio State (15)
Adrian Martinez, Kansas State (14)
Drake Maye, North Carolina (14)
Hendon Hooker, Tennessee (10)
Dorian Thompson-Robinson, UCLA (10)
Jahmyr Gibbs, Alabama (9)
Spencer Sanders, Oklahoma State (9)
Michael Penix Jr., Washington (9)
Max Duggan, TCU (8)
Derek Parish, Houston (8)

Also receiving points: Will Anderson Jr., Alabama (7); Blake Corum, Michigan (7); Bijan Robinson, Texas (7); Chase Cunningham, MTSU (6); Evan Hull, Northwestern (6); Bo Nix, Oregon (6); Anthony Richardson, Florida (6); Clark Phillips III, Utah (5); Raheim Sanders, Arkansas (5); DJamer Uiagalelei, Clemson (5), Jaydn Ott, Cal (4); Tory Taylor, Iowa (4); Miyan Williams, Ohio State (4); Jordan Addison, USC (3); Braelon Allen, Wisconsin (3); Dillon Gabriel, Oklahoma (3); Garrett Shrader, Syracuse (3); Jadrian Taylor, UTEP (3); Sam Hartman, Wake Forest (2); Daiyan Henley, Washington State (2); Taulia Tagovailoa, Maryland (2); Jacoby Windmon, Michigan State (2); Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State (1); Todd Centeio, JMU (1) and John Rhys Plumlee, UCF (1)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2022, 09:44:31 AM »
This will likely play better than posting a clip of a basketball analyst from outkick

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2022, 11:35:21 AM »
Two good weeks in a row out of 9AM.  Maybe it's a trend!

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2022, 08:12:19 PM »
I love people that live in a world where nobody ever improves from their first year right out of high school as an 18 year-old kid with a dysfunctional locker room during the Covid season.  Shaking my dang SMDH

Ok but he wasn't really any better last year, and we were told he was the best backup qb in America.
Yes, I agree, Will hasn’t exactly lit it on fire in his first two years.  I think everybody agrees that Avery Johnson is the heir apparent after this year. We are banking on major improvement from Adrian Martinez over last year and we are banking on Avery Johnson coming in and being a D1 power five starting quarterback as a true freshman.  Will Howard needs to be a serviceable back up QB this year and unless everybody can guarantee that Avery Johnson will be who we think he is as a true freshman, it would be nice to have a Will Howard with 4 years in the system in 2023 in case Avery Johnson needs a development year.  It’s going to be very difficult to recruit a Class of 24 quarterback or to get someone out of the portal with Avery Johnson on the roster. I see no purpose in dragging Will Howard. The kid is by all accounts a good locker room guy and was highly thought of out of high school. With Chris Klieman’s track record identifying & developing NFL quarterbacks, I think I would give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.  But by all means, if it makes people feel good bagging on Will Howard every chance they get, knock yourselves out.
What’s this you say, Huge?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2022, 08:28:44 PM »
What’s the deal with Martinez? I’m guessing hamstring.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline konofo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2022, 08:39:04 PM »
Definitely a leg injury.

kono

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2022, 09:34:14 PM »
I don't can who's at QB, we have to throw downfield.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2022, 09:35:12 PM »
 :confused:

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2022, 09:42:05 PM »
We have to be bolder than running Deuce on first down.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2022, 09:46:35 PM »
We have to be bolder than running Deuce on first down.

I'm assuming you didn't see Rubley's one pass attempt?

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2022, 10:02:13 PM »
IMHO, it looked like he took a direct helmet hit to his left hip on that first run of the game.  Tightened up as the game progressed.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2022, 10:19:54 PM »
IMHO, it looked like he took a direct helmet hit to his left hip on that first run of the game.  Tightened up as the game progressed.

How long does it take to fix this?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2022, 10:41:27 PM »

How long does it take to fix this?

He was hurt against Iowa State, they tried to give it a shot, couldn't go.