Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 236086 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #3625 on: August 24, 2022, 09:24:51 PM »
why so theatrically?

to hide evidence of torture.  secondarily to try and blame the ukrainians for the deaths.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: August 24, 2022, 09:31:50 PM »
why so theatrically?

to hide evidence of torture.  secondarily to try and blame the ukrainians for the deaths.
The first one seems possible, but the Russians haven’t seemingly cared that much about hiding torture or other war crimes so far. Again, I guess the commander in the field theory might work for both of those, but I bet that there are pretty strict orders to get the actual Nazi’s for the show trials.

But I definitely have been wrong about tons of things so could be way off here.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: August 25, 2022, 01:36:26 PM »
The barracks of the Azov guys getting bombed is another weird thing that apparently is getting an independent investigation.  Ukraine alleges Russia put a bunch of them in a barrack and then blew them up with mines, which is weird. Also you would think that these guys would be the most valuable prisoners because they would be the most on message for the show trials.

Certainly possible that commanders in the field got enraged and hated these guys so much they killed them, but why so theatrically? The Russians definitely aren’t shy about shooting and torturing people.

The Russians allege the Ukrainians killed them with a missile strike which is also pretty hard to believe.

No clue how anyone could piece together an investigation at this point but could be interesting.

Russia was saying it was HIMARS or other American equipment. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: August 25, 2022, 01:40:04 PM »
Russia was saying it was HIMARS or other American equipment.

yeah, they lie (i can look for an old tweet with forensic analysis if you don't already understand that russian statements re. their invasion of ukraine have either no relationship or a negative relationship with reality).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: August 25, 2022, 01:50:47 PM »
The Russians have taken out a number of the M777's (which will cost various taxpayers in various NATO countries approximately 30% more to replace over original acquisition costs . . . on top of the fact the M777 was never really designed to be drug here and there over bog and thru woods to begin with). 

It stands to reason they could have taken out HIMARS.  The one good thing about having NATO military people essentially running the HIMARS is we can actually track those vehicles and have a good idea where they are.  Unlike the majority weapons that get thrown into that uber corrupt money pit otherwise known as Ukraine (now featuring various Ukrainian Ambassadors openly chastising individual NATO countries for not doing enough).

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: August 25, 2022, 08:42:17 PM »

Fears of a catastrophic accident at one of Europe’s largest nuclear power plants escalated on Thursday after fires sparked by repeated shelling led to Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia reactor complex being cut off from the country’s electric grid.

Energoatom, Ukraine’s state nuclear power company, said the temporary interruption was the first time the plant had ever been disconnected from the grid. But it added that there were “no concerns” over a full-scale accident after back-up systems kicked in.

Kyiv and Moscow have accused each other of conducting artillery shelling in the vicinity of the plant, which is based in the town of Energodar in southern Ukraine. The Kremlin’s forces occupied the facility early in its invasion, which began six months ago, and workers now operate under Russian supervision.

Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Ukraine’s president, discussed the rising concerns about Zaporizhzhia in a phone call on Thursday with Joe Biden, his US counterpart. They called on Russia to return full control of the plant to Kyiv and allow international inspectors to access the facility.

who is shelling the nuclear plant? FT won't say. What they will say is that Russia has occupied it for months and that "Kyiv and Moscow have accused each other of conducting artillery shelling in the vicinity of the plant." Zelenskyy is also calling for Russia to return control of the facility to the Ukrainians.

So I guess either the Russians are shelling themselves or Ukraine is shelling the facility.  Anyone else want to take a stab at this one?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: August 25, 2022, 08:47:10 PM »
your conjecture makes sense to me.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: August 25, 2022, 08:49:05 PM »
ok, but let's keep our guard up.

The UK’s Ministry of Defence on Thursday tweeted: “Russia is probably prepared to exploit any Ukrainian military activity near [Zaporizhzhia] for propaganda purposes.”

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: August 25, 2022, 09:13:51 PM »
i don't think that's at odds with the probability that the situation is as you speculated.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: August 28, 2022, 01:00:21 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: August 28, 2022, 03:03:53 PM »
Throughout history there's never been any wild claims made about skeletons, bones, skulls or things preserved in jars.   :thumbsup:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: August 28, 2022, 05:57:41 PM »
this kinda reminds of something i've been mulling over.  afaik, there haven't been any additional large-scale, unambiguously-missile strikes in crimea since the airport attack.  which to me suggests that whatever was used is either in very short supply, or there was a small window of opportunity to successfully use them.

the former might suggest an undisclosed nato weapon (that is not intended to be continuously supplied and eventually disclosed).  the latter suggests either cruise missiles or missiles launched from aircraft that in order to be successfully used needed air defenses to be removed from either an area that allowed aircraft to approach within range, or a path for cruise missiles to reach the airport without being intercepted.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1563990046503575552

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: August 28, 2022, 05:59:00 PM »
Many good folks on both sides.

https://twitter.com/anonopsse/status/1563803197449322501?s=21&t=ckXU8GwTqeHzanqdbO33Pw

i saw that, along with the vid of the drone operators with the sadistic nazi guy.  amazing the content russia is happy to allow reach an international audience.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: August 28, 2022, 09:17:23 PM »
Joe doesn't even give our alleged European allies a courtesy flush anymore.  Just keeps pumping weapons into Ukraine, and the DOD hunkers down for yet another perpetual war.

https://twitter.com/ReutersBiz/status/1563647549101117441?s=20&t=hihS6JGnTtlNv0YYe3MQwA

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #3642 on: August 29, 2022, 10:34:33 AM »
Sanctions will stop Putin . . .

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/commodities/russia-outlook-charts-wall-street-investing-analysis-market-strategy-economy-2022-8?utm_source=LinkedIn&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=LINewsletter_10ThingsOpeningBell&utm_content=10ThingsOpeningBell
Yep, I agree it’s important to keep shipping arms and ammunition to Ukraine to beat the Russians the old fashioned way by sending more Russians to hell to live with Satan and not with the Lord Jesus.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: August 29, 2022, 10:36:13 AM »
I am so glad that we didn’t simply trust Wall Street to plan the response to Russia invading and murdering their neighboring country! 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: August 29, 2022, 12:00:43 PM »
I am so glad that we didn’t simply trust Wall Street to plan the response to Russia invading and murdering their neighboring country!

same

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: August 29, 2022, 12:55:58 PM »

There are some receipts ITT that did not age particularly well RE: the sanctions and their impact on hampering Russia
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: August 29, 2022, 02:19:16 PM »
Early reports not looking great on the Ukrainian counter offensive in the South.  Time will tell but Russia is claiming some pretty big numbers on casualties and lost material and the US talking point is to declare victory that Russia was forced to moved troops to the south to deal with the counter offensive.

Also, Kirby finally came a little closer to saying what FT, NYT and the rest of the media wouldn’t, which is that it has been Ukraine shelling the nuclear plant.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: August 29, 2022, 03:01:11 PM »
It's seems crazy to think we actually thought the self proclaimed "pro's" and "adults" would actually find a solution to avoid war in Ukraine.

But it's an administration stocked with #neocons from top to bottom, so it was a fools errand to think they would do anything but stoke the flames of war.

The Afghan Military and leadership is up to the task . . .

Sanctions will stop the Russians . . .

Likely working up the next set of lies about Iraq to foist upon #blueanon Derps

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: August 29, 2022, 03:27:25 PM »
War is the health of the state.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: August 29, 2022, 05:20:21 PM »

There are some receipts ITT that did not age particularly well RE: the sanctions and their impact on hampering Russia

Post them