Author Topic: Possible WW3 thread  (Read 230420 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #400 on: February 20, 2022, 12:01:51 PM »
Possibly

modern Russia grew out of an initial Slavic territory known as Kievan Rus

Russia views Ukraine as part of Russia and desires to maintain most of Eastern Europe as puppet states

moves in Ukraine, the Baltic, and Balkans to more firmly align with the west have inflamed tension

Putin is an ex kgb megalomaniac who bent the Russian political apparatus to his will and now seems intent on reestablishing the Soviet sphere of influence

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 20, 2022, 12:05:28 PM »
What are you guys doing on our last day before WW3?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 20, 2022, 12:32:43 PM »
If he invaded they blow his pipelines all to hell right?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 20, 2022, 02:45:40 PM »
Good luck Western Europe.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 20, 2022, 02:47:57 PM »
I guess the good news is that winter is almost over so they can probably burn firewood until it warms up

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2022, 03:40:15 PM »

The Ukraine gives zero craps

I’m not sure I get the rage over America predicting the fake reason Russia will use as an excuse.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 20, 2022, 05:06:57 PM »
I’m convinced he WANTS the sanctions…that they are the point of all this. It will divide Europe. They need his juice.

Who would make up the sides of this divide?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 20, 2022, 05:20:30 PM »
I’m convinced he WANTS the sanctions…that they are the point of all this. It will divide Europe. They need his juice.

Germany who relies on russian nat gas and is trying to get the pipeline built and France and the UK that might be able to do without.

The US would actually be a pretty big beneficiary of Russia doing this and sanctions being applied because we are already a net exporter of liquid natural gas and would stand to benefit greatly from Europe becoming more reliant on the US as opposed to Russia's pipeline.

I just can't really see why Russia would go through with a 20th century style invasion when they are able to create so much tension and probably still get what they want ultimately with the pipeline to Germany. It is not in their interest to actually invade and get the sanctions, it is in their interest to keep this high stakes tension and keep not invading to get further concessions.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 20, 2022, 05:22:06 PM »

The Ukraine gives zero craps

I’m not sure I get the rage over America predicting the fake reason Russia will use as an excuse.
You asked about the pipelines and that’s the implications for Western Europe, particularly Germany.  Gonna be an expensive and possibly cold rest of the winter for them if that happens.

Should have gone with Trump US global energy dominance instead of pumping billions into Vlad Putin’s pockets. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 20, 2022, 05:48:22 PM »

Germany who relies on russian nat gas and is trying to get the pipeline built and France and the UK that might be able to do without.

The US would actually be a pretty big beneficiary of Russia doing this and sanctions being applied because we are already a net exporter of liquid natural gas and would stand to benefit greatly from Europe becoming more reliant on the US as opposed to Russia's pipeline.

I just can't really see why Russia would go through with a 20th century style invasion when they are able to create so much tension and probably still get what they want ultimately with the pipeline to Germany. It is not in their interest to actually invade and get the sanctions, it is in their interest to keep this high stakes tension and keep not invading to get further concessions.

Add Italy to the list.  They are on record saying that energy should NOT be part of any sanctions.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 20, 2022, 05:50:32 PM »
I definitely agree that we should be Europe's Energy Daddy over Russia.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 20, 2022, 05:51:25 PM »
I thought Europe was in fast track to be fossil fuel independent ASAP. Is natty gas not part of that category?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 20, 2022, 06:38:38 PM »
We we get those fusion reactors we are all going to look back at this and have a really good laugh.  The benefit of hindsight, amirite?!?!

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 20, 2022, 07:47:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/biannagolodryga/status/1495513049880567813?s=21

Can't say she's wrong.  China, the politburo to be more precise, pulled the plug.  Makes Xi look bad.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 20, 2022, 07:50:33 PM »
I thought Europe was in fast track to be fossil fuel independent ASAP. Is natty gas not part of that category?
They are not close. They need natural gas to heat their homes.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 20, 2022, 07:58:14 PM »

Looks like they are shooting for 55% reduction by 2030. I guess they will have to play ball with Putin for a while longer. Cost from US vs Russia for natural gas must be incredibly prohibitive to keep dealing with that dude.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 20, 2022, 08:01:21 PM »

Looks like they are shooting for 55% reduction by 2030. I guess they will have to play ball with Putin for a while longer. Cost from US vs Russia for natural gas must be incredibly prohibitive to keep dealing with that dude.
I don’t know how much more it is but a reliable partner and a steady supply is worth quite a bit they are finding out.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 20, 2022, 08:09:43 PM »

If what I read is correct, Putin had his nuts cut off compliments of China.  Game over, done.  He WILL work with the West.   If anything he drove up the price of oil, which is good for him.  Financials should be up Tues. and petro down.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 20, 2022, 09:57:08 PM »

Add Italy to the list.  They are on record saying that energy should NOT be part of any sanctions.

Thank you both.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 21, 2022, 09:13:30 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 21, 2022, 09:31:00 AM »
Good run down of Putin's useful idiots on the American right:

https://morningshots.thebulwark.com/p/putins-right-wing-shills?utm_source=twitter

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #423 on: February 21, 2022, 09:38:12 AM »
LOL

I always remind myself that #blueanon thought Trump was a Putin puppet while he was trying to move more US troops closer to Russia and espousing US global energy dominance which would have hurt Putin and Russia. 

So it’s hilarious when #blueanon uses their Russophobia to try and score domestic PR points. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:41:19 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Possible WW3 thread
« Reply #424 on: February 21, 2022, 09:44:06 AM »
Joe Biden - Obama’s point man on Ukraine.   Putin takes Crimea, US installs puppet regime, Ukraine more corrupt than ever - US arming and training NeoNazi’s.

Joe Biden President - Putin lined up 200k strong on Ukrainian frontier.