Author Topic: TRUMP v. NOBODY! 2024 PRIMARY BLOODBATH!  (Read 59961 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: TRUMP v. DESANTIS! LAST MAGA STANDING 2024 BLOODBATH SHOWDOWN!
« Reply #1375 on: May 25, 2023, 12:29:32 PM »
guys, trump tried to rig elections and when that failed he tried to stage an autogolpe.  for which he paid no legal penalty.

there is no universe in which it is rational to not prefer a different candidate emerge from the primary.  i don't care what you think of his or her policies or how stupid their campaign rollouts might be.
While this is true, I think many people still take comfort in Trump being too stupid and fickle to actually accomplish anything serious. DeSantis has been successful at codifying some prejudice already.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 25, 2023, 12:50:24 PM »
guys, trump tried to rig elections and when that failed he tried to stage an autogolpe.  for which he paid no legal penalty.

there is no universe in which it is rational to not prefer a different candidate emerge from the primary.  i don't care what you think of his or her policies or how stupid their campaign rollouts might be.

Yeah, it's been a long time since policy even entered the equation in any election that I have voted in. A vote for Trump is a vote against America.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 25, 2023, 12:52:34 PM »
If DeSoros is the candidate trump will throw his baby tantrum and try to undermine everything he does which will slow fat rob down quite a bit

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 25, 2023, 12:53:21 PM »
I feel like Trump would do what he can to become dictator of America; whereas Desoro's would issue a ton of "anti-woke" executive orders.  :th_twocents:
Why wouldn't Desoros do both?

What makes you think he would?

Because he's a fascist who hasn't criticized trump for anything related to J6? He's actually turning it into a republicans are the victims/media is bad thing

On the anniversary of the Capitol riot, DeSantis likened Jan. 6 to “Christmas” for “D.C.-New York media,” saying the incident lets news outlets create “narratives that are negative” about former President Donald Trump’s supporters.

“They are going to take this and milk this for anything they could to try to be able to smear anyone who ever supported Donald Trump,” DeSantis said at a news conference.

“When they try to act like this is something akin to the Sept. 11 attacks, that is an insult to the people who were going into those buildings,” DeSantis said. “And it’s an insult to people when you say it’s an ‘insurrection’ and then, a year later, nobody has been charged with that.”

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 25, 2023, 12:54:28 PM »
Yeah, it's been a long time since policy even entered the equation in any election that I have voted in

of course, as a hetero white male the crap Desoros is pulling won't affect you

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: May 25, 2023, 12:56:18 PM »
Well short fat ron plays the victim over everything because that’s rocket fuel for his poor aggrieved base

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 25, 2023, 01:02:18 PM »
Yeah, it's been a long time since policy even entered the equation in any election that I have voted in

Sure, and the crap that Trump has already pulled would affect all of the same people that DeSantis affects, and also remove my right to vote in legitimate elections.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 25, 2023, 01:09:14 PM »

Sure, and the crap that Trump has already pulled would affect all of the same people that DeSantis affects, and also remove my right to vote in legitimate elections.

I think you give Desantis way too much credit

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 25, 2023, 03:15:05 PM »
Trump would be determined not to make the same "mistakes" again. Everyone he'd appoint would be a complete nutjob. Things would be far crazier than they were in his first term.

I agree that DeSantis would be willing to step down at the end of a term and Trump would not be. There's just a lot of worrisome macro level stuff within that party right now, though.

https://twitter.com/ruthbenghiat/status/1661533341756145664

This chum1 post featuring Trey Gowdy gives us an opportunity the lols back on track in this lol thread w/ more Gowdy.

https://twitter.com/itsallrealitv/status/1610832993458823169?s=20
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 25, 2023, 03:24:14 PM »
6 is a masterpiece

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 25, 2023, 05:00:30 PM »
I have been under the assumption that Trump votes are doing so because Trump will have a harder time beating Biden.  Either that or they believe he is Jesus #2 and is the only thing standing between the voters and actual lizard people creating a world government, enslaving white ppl, and feeding on babies while molesting them.  :dunno:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 25, 2023, 07:14:58 PM »
I have been under the assumption that Trump votes are doing so because Trump will have a harder time beating Biden.  Either that or they believe he is Jesus #2 and is the only thing standing between the voters and actual lizard people creating a world government, enslaving white ppl, and feeding on babies while molesting them.  :dunno:

I legitimately don't think trump has anything against the LGBT community, at least more than any other community. he's an ignorant jackass and an obviously shitty human being but I don't think he has the ability to rally support for autocrat type crap he wants (despite his efforts, which failed and have weakened imo). desantis is also probably a demagogue but there is also a chance he really does want to do all his ghoulish crap nationwide.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 25, 2023, 07:20:35 PM »
If you like going to the movies yet every time you go to your fav theater, the only two movies they have to choose from are Human Centipede 3 or Human Centipede 2. At what point to you stop going to that theater?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 25, 2023, 07:27:51 PM »
If you like going to the movies yet every time you go to your fav theater, the only two movies they have to choose from are Human Centipede 3 or Human Centipede 2. At what point to you stop going to that theater?

yeah, but two party system dude. I have very limited control over that. imagine ben sasse entering the field and suddenly it's 1993 and a movie called "The Sandlot" has taken a spot in the new third theater.

WOW!  :excited:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 25, 2023, 08:18:47 PM »

I legitimately don't think trump has anything against the LGBT community, at least more than any other community. he's an ignorant jackass and an obviously shitty human being but I don't think he has the ability to rally support for autocrat type crap he wants (despite his efforts, which failed and have weakened imo). desantis is also probably a demagogue but there is also a chance he really does want to do all his ghoulish crap nationwide.

He legitimately doesn't have anything against abortion, but he got Roe v Wade overturned all the same.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 25, 2023, 10:33:41 PM »

It's this.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 26, 2023, 10:43:59 AM »
I feel like Trump would do what he can to become dictator of America; whereas Desoro's would issue a ton of "anti-woke" executive orders.  :th_twocents:
Why wouldn't Desoros do both?

What makes you think he would?

Have y'all been paying attention? He's an actual practicing autocrat.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/03/ron-desantis-2024-florida-authoritarian/673483/
Trump would tweet like an autocrat; DeSantis would act like one.

Is DeSantis an authoritarian? The governor is the political equivalent of an overly greased weather vane, twisting to follow the winds within his party. In the post-Trump GOP, those winds are blowing in an authoritarian direction. Whether he’s an authoritarian at heart or just a cynical opportunist, what matters is how DeSantis behaves. And as governor, he has repeatedly used the powers of his office in authoritarian ways.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 26, 2023, 10:46:34 AM »
Disney is going to depants Desantis even harder than Trump. Going to be getting it from both sides. It’s so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 26, 2023, 11:01:19 AM »
Also not saying what Trump tried to do in 2020 wasn't horrible but how are people still acting like calling Georgia to ask them to find votes is any worse than Brian Kemp closing most of the polling sites in Fulton County when he was the Georgia Secretary of State running for governor? They already fixed an election for themselves, why wouldn't Trump ask them to do it for him? Some people might think that trump gassing up the oath keepers and proud boys to storm the capitol is worse than keeping the south deeply red because literally every majority black area is gerrymandered away to nothing, I don't. Trump tweeting that the election was stolen is far less harmful than Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves literally using the state to take over the police department and judicial branch of his minority controlled capital city. The governor of Iowa used her power to take away the subpoena power from Iowa's democrat attorney general then when he got beat by a republican immediately restored the powers of the office, then removed the power of the state auditor, literally the only democrat holding state office. Republican state legislators are banning democrats from serving their constituents if they talk too much.

Point is a lot of people are still really in a fit about trump asking other people to circumvent democracy for them while not giving a eff about nearly every single republican governor and legislature actually doing so throughout the country. Clearly the heritage foundation or whomever these ghouls listen to have told these republicans that their voters won't push back if they behave like autocrats because it's happening everywhere. What Trump attempted to do is just a small brick in the wall.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: May 26, 2023, 11:03:03 AM »
Disney is going to depants Desantis even harder than Trump. Going to be getting it from both sides. It’s so good.

Well, if they're going to they better start soon. He seems pretty resolute that he's going to use the power he's gained to counter anything they try. It's not like they can pick up and leave.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: May 26, 2023, 11:11:22 AM »
I guess I’m voting Trump but not with gusto.

wtf.

This makes perfect sense for republicans. The differentiator between trump and desantis is that trump isn't pro business first and above everything. He's an unabashed capitalist, ron's culture war has absolutely taken a front seat to capitalism. It's stunning to me that he could be a national candidate being both anti capitalism and waiting to raise the retirement age and slash medicare.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: May 26, 2023, 11:18:28 AM »

Well, if they're going to they better start soon. He seems pretty resolute that he's going to use the power he's gained to counter anything they try. It's not like they can pick up and leave.

I have an inside source who says that picking up and leaving is absolutely one of the scenarios they're looking at.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: May 26, 2023, 11:28:28 AM »
combo Disneyworldland? Disneylandworld?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: May 26, 2023, 12:33:01 PM »
Feels like waiting out Desantis is more viable than moving the entire operation.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best