Author Topic: Supply Chain Chat  (Read 7995 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Supply Chain Chat
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2022, 09:37:33 PM »
It's A LOT of women who can't. Makes them feel inadequate, which is sad. And what about the ones who decided not to by choice? They can't just turn that crap on on demand. I'd guess that those two groups combined constitute a good majority.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2022, 10:14:08 PM »
baby hitler is sensitive to the breastfeeding expectations pressures.

https://twitter.com/scottjshapiro/status/1525221092264136704
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2022, 10:19:36 PM »
that's wild. wants specific people to literally die but not THESE people under these specific circumstances because they obviously have personally impacted him.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2022, 11:41:55 PM »
Sending very dick Cheney gay daughter vibes.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2022, 11:52:06 PM »
Sending very dick Cheney gay daughter vibes.

in dick cheney's defense he didn't know his gay daughter was gay before she came out as gay

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2022, 10:51:03 AM »
Spracne, when I was young my grandma told me that spaghetti noodles grow in shallow ocean water and to this day it's very difficult for me to disregard that. So I get what you're going through.

my mom went to a catholic school and had a nun that if she drank milk with popcorn it would kill her and it at least stuck with her until she was a mother.

What in the world??  There has to be a back story to this??  :bwpopcorn:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2022, 11:50:55 AM »
I know a lady who pumped her breast milk because she made more than her kid needed and donated it to a place for that kind of thing.

Mrs nicname did this for my sister-in-law while breastfeeding nicname jr 2.0. Had bag after bag in the freezer and just took the extras over.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2022, 11:54:37 AM »
It's A LOT of women who can't. Makes them feel inadequate, which is sad. And what about the ones who decided not to by choice? They can't just turn that crap on on demand. I'd guess that those two groups combined constitute a good majority.

Again, no problem with the ones who legitimately can't, the problem is with not encouraging mothers who can to do so. Also most mothers who could but didn't and still have children nursing age still can, it may not be easy but it can absolutely be done. It takes milk ducts a very long time to completely dry up and even if they were completely dry women could take hormones and get on a pumping schedule to get a supply going.

Also, again if we're not going to be PC, which I refuse to on this issue, there are women who are told that they can't when they absolutely can. The availability and ubiquity of formula has led to a lack of effort in solutions. I know this is absolutely a privilege we had that others don't, that's a whole other health care conversation, but when we had our first child her and my wife didn't leave the hospital for three extra days because we were exclusively working with a lactation consultant. She was also an emergency c section so it was very traumatizing for my wife that she couldn't nurse her kid. We were in the hospital for a week and tried so many methods to get her to nurse. I fed her with a tube attached to my pinky at one point. As cool as I thought that was, it was complete torture for my wife. We finally got to the point where she could at least latch and they discharged us, but it still took my daughter a few months before she could nurse consistently. My wife just had to keep pumping and taking pills to keep the supply up. Not helping women with nursing is the part and parcel with thing of not letting women carry their babies until the baby is ready and scheduling c sections and inducing labor on a schedule, all under the guise of efficiency and not what's actually best for mother and child.

It's so frustrating because there are women and babies who need the formula. We have a broken health care system. We have a system that allows a solitary company having a recall that throws an entire industry into disarray, one that helps us to feed our children. No one is interested in fixing this crap, just crying to they media about it and politicizing the issue, it's frustrating.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2022, 07:50:20 AM »
Indian farmers have it rough.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2022, 09:19:06 AM »

I don't get it. Their gov't doesn't try to curry flavor with them like ours does?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2022, 11:13:26 AM »

I don't get it. Their gov't doesn't try to curry flavor with them like ours does?

You really should tikkanother look at their side.  This is really a naan issue

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2022, 01:30:55 PM »
Lame rating:  Prolific

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2022, 02:45:45 PM »

You need to turn off the Roghan Joe podcast and learn to loosen up sometimes, Papadum.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2022, 04:03:09 PM »

Again, no problem with the ones who legitimately can't, the problem is with not encouraging mothers who can to do so. Also most mothers who could but didn't and still have children nursing age still can, it may not be easy but it can absolutely be done. It takes milk ducts a very long time to completely dry up and even if they were completely dry women could take hormones and get on a pumping schedule to get a supply going.

Also, again if we're not going to be PC, which I refuse to on this issue, there are women who are told that they can't when they absolutely can. The availability and ubiquity of formula has led to a lack of effort in solutions. I know this is absolutely a privilege we had that others don't, that's a whole other health care conversation, but when we had our first child her and my wife didn't leave the hospital for three extra days because we were exclusively working with a lactation consultant. She was also an emergency c section so it was very traumatizing for my wife that she couldn't nurse her kid. We were in the hospital for a week and tried so many methods to get her to nurse. I fed her with a tube attached to my pinky at one point. As cool as I thought that was, it was complete torture for my wife. We finally got to the point where she could at least latch and they discharged us, but it still took my daughter a few months before she could nurse consistently. My wife just had to keep pumping and taking pills to keep the supply up. Not helping women with nursing is the part and parcel with thing of not letting women carry their babies until the baby is ready and scheduling c sections and inducing labor on a schedule, all under the guise of efficiency and not what's actually best for mother and child.

It's so frustrating because there are women and babies who need the formula. We have a broken health care system. We have a system that allows a solitary company having a recall that throws an entire industry into disarray, one that helps us to feed our children. No one is interested in fixing this crap, just crying to they media about it and politicizing the issue, it's frustrating.
Yes to all this.

We had two that things went fine for and we were still on that pump and bottle grind and had one of the most supportive offices possible to allow my wife to do that. We also had one that was not able to because they were on a feeding tub to start and they never got anything but bottles. I think all of them got some formula at some point.

But yeah we have a society that is hostile to women and children so we should not be surprised at the rotten fruit that grows from that tree.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2022, 10:10:48 PM »

You need to turn off the Roghan Joe podcast and learn to loosen up sometimes, Papadum.

I don't like Joe Rogan, I made that very clear in the #blueanonGe melts down about Joe Rogan thread.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2022, 10:13:36 PM »
84% of Abbot's lobbyists came from working for various government agencies.   The notion that rank and file "bitchers" are going to able to do anything to fix the problem of 4 companies controlling 90% of the baby formula market in these United States is  :lol: :lol:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2022, 09:59:59 PM »
Biden finely invokes a Phil Titola!! 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2022, 05:29:32 PM »
Stay long on big oil, and on anything necessities/commodities based.    The big players are going to be reeling in all time record gross profits as our crap for brains President and his merry band of #neocons are dead set (pun intended?) on insuring the war in Ukraine goes on for a long long time.    I'd be careful in the European manufacturing sector and other areas, though.   

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/brent-could-push-past-150bbl-if-russian-oil-exports-shrink-bofa-says-2022-05-27/

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2022, 04:48:07 PM »
the drill baby drill and pipeline fights have kinda obscured that we don't have enough refinery capacity.  not sure what we'd do with more crude if we had more available.

https://twitter.com/JavierBlas/status/1532464203302330386

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2022, 04:55:16 PM »
I know the timelines are diff, but I would rather build nuke plants than refineries.  I know in reality, we need both though.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2022, 05:10:54 PM »
I know the timelines are diff, but I would rather build nuke plants than refineries.  I know in reality, we need both though.

Don’t we have the refineries we just shuttered some capacity during covid when demand was super low?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2022, 05:11:11 PM »

Wan to guess which we will actually build (the answer is neither).