Author Topic: Pistols firing from ambush?  (Read 15540 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Pistols firing from ambush?
« Reply #275 on: September 25, 2021, 10:40:28 PM »
One other thing regarding the QBs. None of the four played college football before last season. Lewis redshirted in '19 then played scout team last year. Howard and Marsh were true freshmen last year, no spring or summer football for them. Rubley played 5 high school football games last year.

Nick Ast was Will's backup last year, he's now a WR at UTEP.
John Holcombe isn't playing college football
Chris Herron no longer plays football
Ryan Hennington is a linebacker

Klieman has signed Howard, Marsh, and Rubley. If he doesn't get another freshman and a ready to play transfer then he should rightly be criticized for the position, he was handed a pretty crap hand though and if Rubley turns out to be a miss it makes a bad situation worse.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 25, 2021, 10:41:03 PM »
I’m feeling good this morning and think we cruise to victory today. Setting up a great matchup next week against OU.
I didn’t read anything after posting this but this did NOT age well. :flush:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2021, 10:45:15 PM »
I don't think you need to beat yourself up for being optimistic about your team. Not everything needs to be a cynic competition.

Whenever Skylar comes back you can bet your ass I'll be thinking we'll win every game.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2021, 10:54:31 PM »
I don't think you need to beat yourself up for being optimistic about your team. Not everything needs to be a cynic competition.

Whenever Skylar comes back you can bet your ass I'll be thinking we'll win every game.
Oh, I’m not, trust me lol. I care so much less now than I used to. Maybe it’s because I’m away from it all, or that I’ve accepted the fact we had our 2 chances at winning a natty and pissed them away, never to have a chance again. IDK.

I just felt like OSU kinda sucked and looking at their wins so far they really do suck. So it’s more of just a disappointment that we just gave a game away we shouldn’t have, not because we suck or I thought we were better, we just didn’t execute an average game.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2021, 10:55:29 PM »
I wonder what CCQ would do with this offense.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 25, 2021, 10:55:55 PM »
One other thing regarding the QBs. None of the four played college football before last season. Lewis redshirted in '19 then played scout team last year. Howard and Marsh were true freshmen last year, no spring or summer football for them. Rubley played 5 high school football games last year.

Klieman has signed Howard, Marsh, and Rubley. If he doesn't get another freshman and a ready to play transfer then he should rightly be criticized for the position, he was handed a pretty crap hand though and if Rubley turns out to be a miss it makes a bad situation worse.

Lewis is a Klieman recruit, flipped him from NDSU.  I agree they will target a transfer QB heavily in the off-season, they have to given how bad the QB room is.  As far as I can tell they have no plans to sign a HS QB for 2022, unless it’s a super under recruited under the radar guy in February.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 25, 2021, 10:57:43 PM »
Sucks baybay got hurt, we have so few playmakers as it is.  Hopefully we can get sky back for the clones as well.

Yeah he would have helped.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 25, 2021, 10:59:38 PM »

Do you think Hennington could run the Klein battering ram offense?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 25, 2021, 11:00:13 PM »
Kody Cook

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 25, 2021, 11:03:45 PM »

He basically had an NFL WR Corp compared to this years targets. Honestly our WR Corp this year is likely a large part of why our QB play looks so bad.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 25, 2021, 11:08:05 PM »

Lewis is a Klieman recruit, flipped him from NDSU.  I agree they will target a transfer QB heavily in the off-season, they have to given how bad the QB room is.  As far as I can tell they have no plans to sign a HS QB for 2022, unless it’s a super under recruited under the radar guy in February.

Yeah, he wouldn't have signed Lewis if he didn't have literally a week before signing day to find someone. Howard and obviously Rubley had much better offers.

I'm pretty sure we have a couple of QB targets but I'm not sure, I don't have a KSO membership anymore. He has said, more than once, that he wants a QB in every class.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 25, 2021, 11:08:45 PM »

He basically had an NFL WR Corp compared to this years targets. Honestly our WR Corp this year is likely a large part of why our QB play looks so bad.

How do you figure?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 25, 2021, 11:45:43 PM »
One other thing regarding the QBs. None of the four played college football

Yeah, he wouldn't have signed Lewis if he didn't have literally a week before signing day to find someone. Howard and obviously Rubley had much better offers.

I'm pretty sure we have a couple of QB targets but I'm not sure, I don't have a KSO membership anymore. He has said, more than once, that he wants a QB in every class.
before last season. Lewis redshirted in '19 then played scout team last year. Howard and Marsh were true freshmen last year, no spring or summer football for them. Rubley played 5 high school football games last year.

He already had Chris Herron in the class, they didn’t have to sign another QB.  In regards to 2022 they have missed on every single target and the last known target is likely going to elect to play baseball at Nebraska or be a dual sport guy at KU.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2021, 08:54:45 AM »
Lotta football to be played!

WELL WELL WELL

My phone says we're still down two possessions. Is this not correct?

Go hang some drywall, squawk

I feel like a lot of you are taking your frustrations with the sub par team out on me, and it's making me sad. :(

Yeah, because we love that Cats, and you’re an bad person.

After reading the rest of this thread, it would appear that I was only one quarter ahead of the rest of you guys in both perception and attitude. I'll start accepting apologies whenever you're ready to acknowledge I was right. 

So far, the only difference I'm seeing with our offense from last year, is that this year we were able to win 3 OOC games. Now, there still is a lot of football left to be played this season, and no one in the conference really looks that good, so who knows what will happen. But right now, we don't seem to have any improvement from where we were last year.  Also, our QB play is terrible and we're not going to have any surprise upsets with Howard or Lewis under center. They just don't have what it takes. The excuse that they're back up QB's is also a bad one. Howard has had plenty of time to improve and he's still a turnover machine. Plenty of other programs have had backups come in and win in clutch moments. The one that sticks out in my mind is Saban benching his starter mid championship game for a true freshman. I remember Texas having to play a true freshman after McCoy went down in their championship game. Now sure, those are loaded teams and extreme examples, but the point still remains. We made a bowl game using a wide receiver as a QB, and were competitive in the games we lost that season as well, outside of Oklahoma.

Again, unless things change, we're looking at limping into a bowl game with a 6-6 record and abysmal QB play. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2021, 09:26:08 AM »
Prince was better

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2021, 09:31:30 AM »
is klieman a quarterback whisperer?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2021, 12:49:47 PM »
Let's not look over the fact Messingham thinks Will Howard's forte is running the ball
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 26, 2021, 01:17:34 PM »
Let's not look over the fact Messingham thinks Will Howard's forte is running the ball

He's pretty good at it, Luke.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 26, 2021, 01:35:39 PM »

Yeah it's wild people watch him and don't realize how athletic he is.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 26, 2021, 01:59:18 PM »

I think it's offset by things like rolling around at the goal line trying to find the football resting next to him
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 26, 2021, 02:03:52 PM »

I think it's offset by things like rolling around at the goal line trying to find the football resting next to him

He is a fumble machine

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 26, 2021, 02:26:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1315069299417993216

He is a fumble machine

Yes, yes and yes.

Howard is a pretty good runner. He has a pretty decent arm. But good gravy if he isn’t piling up a true highlight reel of Butt-fumblesque miscues.

Granted, Lewis’ wild scramble to interception was right up their with Howard’s.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 26, 2021, 04:15:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1315069299417993216
He had an 80 yard run the same game!

I think the higher prospects of him tripping over his own feet or fumbling the ball for no reason make it easier for him to get those long runs against defenses that dismiss his ability to ever do so.